{'en': 'Pasta and rice, to dente and overheated: recommendation of the nutritionist ... I read your comments', 'es': 'Pastas y arroz, al dente y recalentadas: recomendación de la nutricionista...leo sus comentarios'} Image

Pasta and rice, to dente and overheated: recommendation of the nutritionist ... I read your comments

Dani Se's profile photo   09/21/2017 5:29 p.m.

I told you that I consulted another nutritionist, since the previousprevious day, and when eating it, it is reheated since something that makes it slow down, as well as not cooking so many and the same rice the same happens.

I would like to know your comments .... It is not clear to me, for example that it goes up to 220 two hours after the food that is different from being slower and has 220 at three hours, if the goal would be to avoidThose figures, that happens to me with my son, the same as combining some high IG with something in the dessert or in the same meal that slows it down,

Thankssss!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/21/2017 5:29 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

I tell you a little what I have seen with my experience and what I have read.In general, when a faster food is more cooked, the body is digested because we say it already has part of the work done.
Ideally, insulins had the peak of action just when sugar raises you, but this is impossible because it depends on the food itself, such as cooking, with which you mix it ... It is normal for the peak of action of the action of the action of theInsulin is between the hour and 2 hours, although this depends a lot on the person, on the site where you click ...
As you can see it is very complicated and sometimes it is impossible to avoid the peak.But if you try to match the moment of more insulin action with the rise peak you can prevent it from climbing a lot.That is why he will have told you to leave things to the dent.Normally if you eat pasta or rice alone and just put the insulin before starting to eat the normal thing is that you give you a climb before insulin acts.If with any of the tricks you have told you, you get the climb to be later you can avoid the peak.It is complicated but based on trying different things you will see what your child goes best for each meal.Nor do you obsess because it is impossible to avoid peaks always eating some foods.Try to avoid them everything you can but if you can ever don't happen, in the end if you have calculated the dose well, it will end up going down.
To reheat pasta and rice I had not heard anything, but the potato and other tubers have a special starch than to cool it and then heat it becomes what is called "resistant starch."The body cannot digest this type of starch, so sugar does not rise.This starch is also very good as food for microbiota (the good bacteria in the intestine that protect us against food viruses and bacteria), so it is a good idea of ​​reheating certain foods.I had only read it from the tubers such as the potato, the sweet potato ... but the same thing happens with pasta and rice.In the case of tubers, for example, as part of the starch becomes resistant to reheating them, also adds less sugar than if you eat them freshly cooked.
Research online to see if you find some more information.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/21/2017 5:55 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks Yesssica, usually my son eats noodles combined with flesh and some tomatoes that he loves, or if he eats rice the same, I will try to reheat what the nutritionist told me.
If x eg eats meat empanada (flour + meat) is good to combine with some fat ... I don't know what could be ... to slow down?My question is still a quick food, is it good to combine it with something that contains fat to slow down?
Someone could give me some example ...

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/21/2017 9:01 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Always mix rice paste and flour with protein, which is always done.
And measure and calculate insulin.
To my daughter the pasta is good, the empanada too and the legumes.All similar.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/22/2017 12:09 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It seems then I am going well ... to keep testing to avoid the peaks!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/22/2017 12:48 a.m.

Argentina

Good day.I have never gone to a nutritionist because it will send me eating salads (and yogurt and fruits and turkey ham, broccoli, cauliflower, chard, integral rice. Has anyone developed a good paella with integral rice?), And there I don't pass.Now they send to eat overheated pasta ???.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
09/24/2017 1:15 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hello Solaria, the nutritionist can advise you and teach you at the meals that you eat usually, I was to tell him what are the meals that we usually eat at my house, I went with some specific questions, and in my case it has been very useful, the pastaReheated is an option, in the case of my son it has served him, some pasta do not feel the difference and others if I don't think I send you to eat salads, I think it will transmit you as eating healthy to try to keep your glucose stable, nothing more or anythingless.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/24/2017 3:53 p.m.

Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.