Glycosylated hemoglobin

louizak's profile photo   10/03/2017 8:47 a.m.

Hello everyone, I would like to ask you, since I read some things and my doctor tells me others ... And they don't add to me what leads me to despair the truth.My last glycosilada were 12.9 mmol/l my doctor gave me a 500mg metformin, along with the glucometer that I don't know if it works or not, but two hours after having taken the [splinter just before breakfast my glycemia are very high, I think thatThey are, because it is hard for me to get off the 300 ... speaking with my Spanish header doctor, I told me that I was very high and that I should change treatment, although my UK doctor tells me that at the moment I threw with metformin, that you think you do?Sometimes the opinion of who suffers from who studies it ...
Thank you

louizak's profile photo
louizak
10/03/2017 8:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What I see is that this glycosylated hemoglobin figure is very high and that means that your glycemia are very high.The consequence of all this is the damage that can be generated in eyes, kidneys, etc.It may be convenient that you have a change in treatment.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
10/03/2017 9:06 a.m.

Thanks MJSM for answering!I will then put on it!

louizak's profile photo
louizak
10/03/2017 9:47 a.m.

You have a very high hemoglobin.According to that, your average glucose is around 300, which is a fuck.You need to change the treatment or food to lower it because it can bring you many problems to be like this.As @"mjsm" tells you, the damages that can cause you are many and serious.
Talk to your doctor and change the treatment and send you to the educator to check your diet.You surely need to change something in food too.For type 2, food is as much or more important than medication.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/03/2017 10:43 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

That glycosilada is very high, you must correct it as soon as possible and put yourself in good hands, if with those levels your endocrine does not change guidelines, I would look for another because it is clear that this endocrine has endocrine the same as me as an astronaut.As little as I know, the complications will not come from one day to another, but if you have to correct those values ​​to avoid the plys complications in the future.Encourage and fight

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
10/03/2017 11:33 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Thanks Yesssica_a and Dalu, endocrine I have not seen any, the appointment equal to January I think, I am already looking for a private one, because I only deal with my header doctor and although I understand that it is not your specialty I am already too crowded,The problem is that it is not the food my problem, because I take in coffee with milk, the sugars take them from the first moment and with the hydrates I go something lost because I do not know how that goes against .. this Thursday will hold the appointment withThe dietitian and I suppose it will be easier.#
Thank you for answering my doubts.
All the best.

louizak's profile photo
louizak
10/03/2017 12:16 p.m.

That you see you an endocrine. With those values ​​of glycosilada, you cannot take a general practitioner.You need a change in treatment.
Do not satisfy yourself with a glycosilada greater than 7.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/03/2017 4:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina, today I was looking at and nothing from In Hospital have told me that I will receive a letter with the appointment for the endocrine, while do you think it still makes sense to continue taking metformin?
Thank you.

louizak's profile photo
louizak
10/03/2017 4:34 p.m.

If, for now, do not leave it or upload you even more.Wait better to consult with the endocrine.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/03/2017 4:36 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks Yesssica_a, I will do so.All the best!

louizak's profile photo
louizak
10/04/2017 8:39 a.m.

Maybe you should also check the diet. You have advised your doctor well? How many carbohydrates are taken a day? Do you exercise good luck with those values, do not despair.

beti's profile photo
beti
10/04/2017 8:45 a.m.

Hi Beti, it is postible that if my diet should change it even more, I will see today the dietitian and tell me, do not against hydrates, my diet is based on 0 sugars and almost everything is green vegetables, I have been eating fish and chickenBaked, nothing fried or fat .. That is what I could learn by informing me online, yesterday they gave me another medication because they told me that Metformine was not helping me (something more than evident) and they have given me glyclazide, I don't know what theequivalent in Espanya, but to wake up at 164 I shoot at 320 and then 400 .. I will wait to see what he tells me today or already with the endocrine.
I have struck my life, I know .. apologize ..
Thank you

louizak's profile photo
louizak
10/05/2017 11:56 a.m.

In case I can help you
In March it happened to me that with glibenclamide I did not lower me from 250 - 300
They tried diamicron for a week, nothing happened either
Meanwhile they made me a thyroid profile and I was above a value, this indicated that I had to take thyroid hormones for life.
Note how my metabolism and under glycemia and there was general well -being.
Then as they diagnosed the exhaustion of the pancreas due to the long time it has been taking Euglucon10 mg daily they prescribed me insulin and there I could regulate the blood glucose after many punctures to see how I injected it.
I saw that I liked more and down with insulin of more.
At least he responded well to external insulin
Never leave the metformin for your work to take advantage of insulin is the native of before or the synthetic now use 3 x 850 slow DBI action of Montpellier
After 6 months I can say that I found my point for the basal insulin that is levemir and also the units of fast aspart prior to the hydrates to consume before meals
Ultimately observe that the way food and mixture in each bite of simple sugars and fiber of vegetables can be seen
Also consume slowly, for example banana with rolled oatmeal in each bite and spray vegetables with a little wheat bran
I know that weighing without 80kg clothes measuring 173 cm barefoot I have a volume of 60 dl of blood in which the ch of each meal
Each bite in my case without eating hurried incorporates on average in lunch 15 gr of food of which 2 or 3gr are ch or approx 2400 mg those that divided by the 60 dl in my case give a contribution of 40 mg/dl eachMinute to the stomach if I could measure it at that moment with the glucometer
For each person it is different according to their way of eating and physical condition
Here I arrive with my calculations because I like and understand mathematics so necessary for this disease
It is out of reach when there are stress or infections but I am very clear that I must reduce the intake of CH in these situations since they produce the elevation of glycemia
As anecdote I check it by measuring me in the course of a discussion and from 160 to 220 without having ingested food and with stable blood glucose
For all this I think you have to have a will to follow a food method in function of our daily life and a dose of obsession and perfectionism to achieve valid results
As I have time to be retired and have made my life in a long long situation of telling I can do it and maybe my mission is to serve those who lead a wider rhythm of life
Of course I hope to increase my knowledge about those who share my concerns and have proven this.
Hugs

mario69's profile photo
mario69
10/05/2017 4:15 p.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

Today to confirm what I wrote:
Breakfast at 800 after applying 28 U of Basal with Max effect at 5-6 hours and 5 u of Rapida because dawn with 128 and kept my 32gr break breakfast from which I realized in 3 minutes
I arrived at lunch with 89 and put 5 of rapida consume 78 gr of cho using 30 minutes I usually eat dessert banana and today were 160 gr consumed in 5 minutes in 8 spots of 20gr well dissolved with 10gr of oats so that it is most slowly absorbed
The glycemia pp measured 20 minutes ago they see it in the photo next to the initial 89 and 149.
It may be that by calculating the hydrates consumed in milligrams divided by the blood DL and adding them to blood glucose before eating, we can approximate the value of 2 hours later dividing by the fast insulin units in the case of breakfast and by insulin unitsRapida plus 2 of slow insulin for lunch, since it would be close to the maximum of the slow at that time.
If someone is interested in the details in terms of food ingested and calculation itself, they would be sent to this place or if it does not correspond to the private section
Thus they also see the proteins and fats used and that proportion of fast and slow and vegetables
Greetings

mario69's profile photo
mario69
10/05/2017 8:28 p.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
71 años 88kg 1,72.

I had forgotten to send the photos

mario69's profile photo
mario69
10/05/2017 10:39 p.m.

Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
71 años 88kg 1,72.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.