Sudden descents

Dalu's profile photo   09/21/2017 6:20 p.m.

Is it normal, after meals and when reaching the highest peak, stay high for a while and then start a minced drop without control?It is that most of the time is what happens to my child and we have to act quickly so that it does not enter hypoglycemia.It can descend from 200 to less than 100 in half an hour.And so every day

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/21/2017 6:20 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Yes, it's normal.Fast insulins take maximum effect up to two hours after putting it in some cases.It also depends on which body we put it on before or after.The gut is usually where the majority takes effect but depends on each person.
What you can try is to put the insulin a little before the food (when you eat foods that rise quickly) to more or less agree the peak of action with the climb.It is difficult to succeed but based on trial and error you know how your body works and you get a lot of right.
Give it a hiccup later it will surely be because you have put you faster than you need.Do the test of putting it a little before eating (you go little by little, 10 minutes, then 15, 20, 30) and take a unit to avoid hypo.These when they eat things that rise quickly like pasta, rice, bread ... and see how such.Those that rise slow as legumes will have no problem.Also go looking for you if it changes the effect of putting it in one place or another and the time of day.At breakfast, most have more insulin resistance and need more units by ration.
Above all do not overwhelm because this takes a long time to learn and you have to go little by little.Those of us who have been making mistakes many times for a few years.It is impossible to always succeed, but when you have the knowledge it will be easier for you and you will succeed most of the time.So little by little go reading and learning everything you can and then based on trial and error you will control it.
There are several threads in the forum on these issues, read a little to see if you find something that serves you.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/21/2017 6:35 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you @"Yesssica_a", it is complicated to us, it will be that we only have been with this for 2 months and there are still things that we do not know if it is normal or abnormal.But Freestyle graphics show us a continuous roller coaster and it doesn't make me any grace

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/21/2017 6:52 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

At first it is very normal, there are many things suddenly.Little by little you will take it better.They influence a thousand things that we have no control so you cannot always have perfect graphics.With time you will get it in good values ​​almost all the time and avoid complications in the future.Now give you some time to learn and try without demanding perfection.Nothing happens because a few days the graphs are worse, the important thing is to improve them little by little.You learn everything you can and ask what you need to try to help you in what we can.And I encourage it is hard but get ahead.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/21/2017 7:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

What insulin do you use?That happened to my daughter when I used regular insulin.
With the rapids and Lantus, there are no sudden changes.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/21/2017 7:20 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

That abrupt climb that you comment on what happens looks like the insulin takes action, that is, it starts eating very soon after putting it on.
Also adding that if it goes down more or puts it insulin of more, or the calculation of rations is not correct or the basal is high in the section where the descent does (I would not opt ​​for the latter).
You should comment with the endocrine or educator, but if it is peak it is because it begins to eat immediately after putting it or the glycemic index of its first dish is very strong (something that I doubt too)

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/21/2017 8:55 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I think the same.That peak so marked and that rough climb is for lack of waiting.When the glucose is in values ​​between 90-120, it must be expected from 10 to 20 minutes and from there the higher it is, the longer you have to wait, although this is very individual and you must see what your child needs because each one we areA world.Put the insulin and see testing until you do that marked climb.The posterior hypo is to pass quickly.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
09/22/2017 7:27 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

The night we have had regular for not saying bad.He lay with 90 and watching him every 2 by 3 in case he lowered him and in the end he began to rise progressively until he got up with 212: ((, today we have not put ins. Slowly in the morning and we will put it tonight to see if we avoidThose night climbing.Tomorrow great, with a half ration of bread with tomato in mid -morning.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/22/2017 1:35 p.m.

@"Regina", you who ask me why insulins use.1ud.Levemir in the morning and novorapid 4/3/3.But we are going to spend at night, because during the day he made us hypos and at night he went up.Let's see if we succeed doing so

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/22/2017 1:37 p.m.

Let's see if they change insulin, because they are not lasting 24 hours.And if you put more doses, it will give you hypos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/22/2017 8:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@"Regina" I from what I am reading here to Bibber Cries guide all Levemir, I imagine that for something it will be ..?Without being endocrine to an infant I would not give Toujeo because I think it is not yet approved in children, Lantus by the peaks and the instability or threeiba because in theory it lasts more than 42 hours .. all this taking into account that it is scheduled "1u 1U"To be leveem by what in these cases I believe that in principle what the endocrin@ goes to Mass, I am not able to advise anything ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/23/2017 4:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, it is true. In such young children it is complicated to adjust. Even half unity can affect a lot., And it has to be the endocrine who decides.
When it is a little older, it will be easier.
Meal peaks will be lowered with slower hydrates or putting the fast one a little earlier. But always avoiding hypos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/24/2017 1:23 a.m.

We have removed the slow and let Mod more time between insulin and meals and we have managed to reduce the peaks and then descend more slowly, not as before it went down.The bad nights, that although very slowly, but continues to rise throughout the night.Although today he lay down below 100 and has dawned with 140 .: \ ">.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/24/2017 11:29 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.