Insulin pump

Halexx's profile photo   08/08/2018 11:55 p.m.

Good night, my name is Alex and I'm 25 years old.I have DM 2 with insulin -dependence.I debuted about January last year.I have a regular control right now because they give me many ups and downs.I have a hard time detecting them.Do you think the hob can get a bomb?

Greetings and delighted.

Halexx's profile photo
Halexx
08/08/2018 11:55 p.m.

DM 1 - 28 años - Debut 2016

Minimed640g con Humalog

Medtronic Guardian G3

The insulin pump is put for the treatment of type 1 diabetes and within people with type 1 diabetes, certain requirements must be met to access it according to the autonomous community in which you live.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
08/09/2018 6:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for explaining it to me

Halexx's profile photo
Halexx
08/09/2018 9:40 a.m.

Minimed640g con Humalog

Medtronic Guardian G3

@Hallexx, yes you have many ups and downs, they will have to adjust the treatment.It is important to get a glycosylated less than 7, but avoiding peaks and hypoglycemia as much as possible.
They will have to find an insulin guideline that improves control.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/09/2018 10:19 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Tomorrow that I have endocrine I will tell you.Thank you

Halexx's profile photo
Halexx
08/23/2018 10:46 p.m.

Minimed640g con Humalog

Medtronic Guardian G3

Today I have gone to the endocrine, and he told me that he was poorly diagnosed by the anterior endocrine and it is a DM 1.He added to the rapid Apidra 3-3-3, Tresiba 12-0-0.Although the Tresiba has to pass inspection and takes a week approx.It has proposed to go to the Diabetes Unit to assess a bomb, although it still scares me a little.

All the best

Halexx's profile photo
Halexx
08/24/2018 12:11 p.m.

Minimed640g con Humalog

Medtronic Guardian G3

Hi @hallexx

I hope that with the new treatment you will do better and see how with the bomb

Take my next comment as a personal appreciation, I am not a doctor and I have no more experience than your own live, but if you can help you welcome:

The important thing now is to perform controls to see how the levels of sugar because the truth in my opinion to put fixed doses of insulin the same does not benefit you unless you always eat the same or you are very limited in the diet (from there the climbs anddescents).As a personal recommendation based on my experience, I would tell you to talk to your endocrine and inform you about putting insulin doses depending on the hydrates you eat (of little it is worth putting 3 doses of insulin if you eat a pizza (climb to the song)And it can be danger if you put 3 doses of insulin and just eat a salad (down to sing)) and teach you to calculate your sensitivity and other data that can help you

I repeat, this is a personal comment and just pay attention if you see that with the new dose of insulin they are still giving you descents and ups, luckily the dose of now works perfectly

All the best

Juanlu83's profile photo
Juanlu83
08/24/2018 2:05 p.m.

The important thing is that they have diagnosed you well and that they meet with the educator to make you the best treatment

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/24/2018 2:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

As Regina says, the important thing is that they have diagnosed you well.
I imagine that the endocrine will put the meior treatment.
Now it will have to learn everything about diabetes and if you have any questions here we can help you

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
08/24/2018 3:06 p.m.

First of all, they will make you go through the protocola, which includes trying different insulins (which change you to Lantus, or Toujeo, or others and to be tested, analysis, checks every time. This greatly extends the decision to give you thebomb) Let's see how your body reacts.In addition, they do not grant many a year.Here in Cuenca 2/3 at most and in cases, very special or particular.There is no way or anything to grant it to you, and believe, it is better not to travel it and much less thinking about the comfort and supposed carefreeness to take it.You cannot lower your guard or with it.self -control and discipline.Salu2

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
08/26/2018 11:04 p.m.

Hi Halexx, the first thing I'm going to answer your question although I think they gave you the solution.The pump or insulin infuses are usually put to type 1 diabetics with problems to regulate their glucose (upper peaks).Therefore, I do not think they put it on you, although they also said before depending on the autonomous community and how many can finance.I want to tell you that glucose levels are obtained both with a good insulin treatment (guidelines), and with good eating and exercise habits, everything has to be studied and especially customize.And your endocrine is in charge of verifying what type of insulin and guidelines fit your needs.From my long fight against diabetes I encourage you to keep trying.I wish you good luck and a lot of encouragement to get it.Therefore champion.

Angel Martin Rosa's profile photo
Angel Martin Rosa
08/29/2018 8:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.