{'en': 'Change of Levemir to Lantus', 'es': 'Cambio de Levemir a Lantus'} Image

Change of Levemir to Lantus

Estefa's profile photo   09/22/2017 10:06 p.m.

Good to everyone !!How are they?

I tell you, I am new in this diabetes, they discovered it 1 month ago, I am still with some studies, but since my fasting glutemia are more than 300 everything seems to indicate that it is diabetes 1.

From the beginning I started with the insulin Levemir and Apidra, but because of the lack of levem in the room they changed me to Lantus.At this time I am in transition, yesterday I put on the last dose of Levemir and today at 19 I will start with the Lantus (26 units).

The truth is that with Levemir I felt quite well, which makes me angry to have to change for reasons that have nothing to do with my health.Today I was only with Apidra all day and the values ​​did not come out of 200, I wanted them to tell me if they have had similar experiences and how they come with the Lantus that use it, thank you very much, the forum has helped me a lot!

Estefa's profile photo
Estefa
09/22/2017 10:06 p.m.

Diabetes descubierta desde agosto 2017
Lantus 26
Apidra según cantidad de carbohidratos

The lantus is longer than less and will make you better.The toujeo is even better.
You will have to adjust the dose to wake up with good values.If no night hypoglycemia causes you, it will be better to put it in the morning.
Toujeo is a new insulin that is replacing Lantus.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/23/2017 12:07 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
The lantus is of longer duration than to let it be less and will do better.The toujeo is even better.
You will have to adjust the dose to wake up with good values.If no night hypoglycemia causes you, it will be better to put it in the morning.
Toujeo is a new insulin that is replacing Lantus.

First of all, thanks for the help!

So far it came with 18 U of Levemir at 7:00 p.m.And 8 U in the morning, what happened to me is that I was very tall, around 180, when I had slept in 140 last night.
Now the doctor told me to apply 26 U from Lantus at night, I apply it at 7:00 p.m.time to measure myself several times at night?
I am 30 years of weight 60 kg and I am a rather active person

Estefa's profile photo
Estefa
09/23/2017 12:12 a.m.

Lantus 26

Lantus's problem is that it does not last 24 hours and you can be high in the late afternoon
And if you increase the dose, you can be low at night.
See regulating.If that happens, it will be better to put it in the morning.
The dose of Lantus will be similar to the total levemir dose.
Mint at dawn the first days, to avoid hypos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/23/2017 12:17 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@"Estefa" I have made the change 2 times.When I debuted, I used a minute at two months, they changed me to Lantus because it covers more hours and at 8 months I changed endocrine and Friday to Levemir.
You recently had a little time to stabilize.If you put it at 19, do the beak at 3 hours, that is, you will have a drop by the lesson at 10 pm.Check blood glucose at 22:30.
They told me that since it lasts about 16 hours I put the other dose 12 hours later, of reinforcement;In your case it would be about 7:30.

If with 26UD you get up above 140 more than three days in a row you should upload 2 units or 28 the next 3 days to see if you wake up below 140 and thus continuously.And vice versa if you get up with hiccups.
The 8UD reinforcement will check if it is adequate when your values ​​between meals are between 80 and 140. If before eating or dinner these high might need more than 8 ud of reinforcement.

I put it at 22:00 and the next at 12:00.I don't like the weekend getting up early.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/23/2017 12:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ruthbia" actually leave and start with 26 U of Lantus in 1 Toma, today is the first day, so we will see how I walk.With the issue of counting hydrates as they walk?

Estefa's profile photo
Estefa
09/23/2017 12:35 a.m.

Lantus 26

Hello, I tell you that the change of leveming to Lantus has been very good for me, although I doubt that the doses and the lesson of the less have been adequate.As I told you, at this moment I am putting 26 units of Lantus at 7:00 p.m. and correcting with Apidra at each meal.Yesterday I had very good glycemia, I woke up with 116 and throughout the day they did not go from 150. During the night I woke up several sees to measure myself to know what was happening and all barbarism, the blood glucose was going down, but little by little.I will tell you how the thing continues, thanks for the comments :):-*

Estefa's profile photo
Estefa
09/24/2017 1:10 p.m.

Lantus 26

Very good @"Estefa" to the best one is the one who has to try.If you were getting with 116, the amount of Lantus is appropriate.
As for the rations there are many links in the forum.
The most important thing is that you know how many carbohydrates or metabolized rations with 'x' aspidra units.
If you eat 40 grams of HC and with 6 units you have a postprandial blood glucose (2 hours after eating) below 140mg/dl, your sensitivity is 1ud/0.5 portions.Knowing this you can eat more quietly and hit the units

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/25/2017 9:50 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I tell you that today I had consultation with the diabetology, we already have my first glycosilada and it is 11 % x_x, but well, they are the result of the last 3 months, in which I still had no treatment or knew that I had diabetes.In fact, I must thank that you do not end up or with anything serious, now I started with the aim of lowering it.
On the other hand also weighs me, and fattening 5 kg in 1 month of starting insulin.So another goal that adds is to wear a healthy diet, but lower in calories.

Estefa's profile photo
Estefa
09/26/2017 2:15 a.m.

Lantus 26

Estefa, in three months you will see how your glycosilada goes down!When learning and u of insulin and knowing how you react to foods, ordering you, allow you to give you a recommendation, there is no 2+2 = 4, at certain times you can find justifications to a rise or a descent, but in others not.!!!Check what you need to be a very supportive forum, they help me a lot.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/26/2017 3:22 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

dani76 said:
stefa, in three months you will see how your glycosilada goes down!When learning and u of insulin and knowing how you react to foods, ordering you, allow you to give you a recommendation, there is no 2+2 = 4, at certain times you can find justifications to a rise or a descent, but in others not.!!!Check what you need to be a very supportive forum, they help me a lot.
Yes :) Thank you very much, I have been reading the conversations of the forum, they helped me a lot because the doc.He doesn't explain anything to me.What I am going to try to achieve, at least the time I can pay is the freestyle, so that I am information about how food and exercise affect me, which is what most usually worries me, about the hypos.

Estefa's profile photo
Estefa
09/26/2017 3:25 a.m.

Lantus 26

Yes, they say it helps a lot.While Tanti when exercising meditates before, if you are more than an hour, meditate in half, and the type of exercise depends and as reactions do not scare yourself if at the end you mediate and have a peak, sometimes it happens and it is good to wait for atime and not apply to that high measurement.Little by little you will know you.You read calmly.Greetings

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/26/2017 3:35 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Thanks to you "Estefa", I love reading comments like this!

stefa said:
... thank you very much, the forum has helped me a lot

fer's profile photo
fer
09/27/2017 5:17 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Good, I tell you that after two very good days with Lantus to the third I started with hypoglycemia at night, in fact I had to suppress almost complete the rapid day, because it had a very strong effect and ended very low.Little by little I went down the Lantus, from 26 units to inject myself 16.
It has been testing.The good thing about the Lantus is that I no longer have as many palpitations as I had with Levemir, I hope to find the fair units.

Estefa's profile photo
Estefa
09/30/2017 3:11 a.m.

Lantus 26

You may be passing the honeymoon, where insulin needs go down.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/30/2017 6:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.