{'en': 'Free freeyle to travel by plane', 'es': 'Freestyle libre para viajar en avión'} Image

Free freeyle to travel by plane

david leon's profile photo   09/25/2017 11:09 a.m.

Hello,

I have an issue, can you fly with the freestyle device or have to be removed before passing through the control door?

Thank you

david leon's profile photo
david leon
09/25/2017 11:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I have a matter, can you fly with the freestyle device or have to be removed before passing through the control door?Thank you

Good I have flown, to national destinations and without problems.
Greetings

Fco_Javier_8888's profile photo
Fco_Javier_8888
09/25/2017 12:12 p.m.

Without problem @"David Leon" I have traveled since I have it to the United States and England, the only thing, I recommend taking the report of your doctor in which to put what things you have to take with you (insulin, strips, clicks, needles, needles, needles, needles,Freestyle, sensors, etc).

All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/25/2017 11:58 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hi David, when I use Frestyle as Nigiri said, he had the doctor's justification for all like this, you can pass glucagon strips traveling out of Spain but also at the national level.Eye I don't pass the arches.I ask for a policeman, because I proved that the arch and the Frestyle passed 2 times broke down.Now with the Dexcom with greater reason, it is more I could pass juices and coca-cola in the can x my hypoglycemic trend.

paula8890's profile photo
paula8890
11/22/2020 11:15 a.m.

I have spent arches with the freestyle and nothing has happened.Neither whistle, nor stop working.I also travel the letter from my endocrine saying that I am diabetic and what medication I have.But zero problems with the arches.

amiranda's profile photo
amiranda
11/23/2020 7:07 p.m.

DM 1 desde octubre 2008
Fiasp
A1c: 5,6% diciembre 2022
Bomba de insulina Minimed 780G y Guardian Connect 3 desde marzo 2021

amiranda said:
I have passed arcs with the freestyle and nothing has happened.Neither whistle, nor stop working.I also travel the letter from my endocrine saying that I am diabetic and what medication I have.But zero problems with arches.

The same without problems

josepd's profile photo
josepd
11/24/2020 8:02 a.m.

On page 80 of the Free Style II manual it is expressed that some entire body scanners include X -rays or millimeter radio waves to which the sensor should not be exposed.
This is also said by the manual of the previous device and I have made several trips in which I have not been scanned and they have cracked me manually.
However, Abbott's nurse and assistant who have given me the sensors in the FJD, have told me that there were no problems in passing the airport scanners.
What do we do?

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
11/29/2020 11:39 a.m.

Rubioares said:
On page 80 of the Free Style II manual it is expressed that some entire body scanners include X -rays or millimeter radio waves to which the sensor should not be exposed.
This is also said by the manual of the previous device and I have made several trips in which I have not been scanned and they have cracked me manually.
However, Abbott's nurse and assistant who have given me the sensors in the FJD, have told me that there were no problems in passing the airport scanners.
What do we do?

The question is: What can you do?

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
11/29/2020 12:28 p.m.

@Rubioares

I have passed in Frankfurt at the airport many times, when you could travel peacefully, for all kinds of scanners, old and modern full body and both with the Abbott sensor and with Dexcom, and the truth without problems.Of course, in the prospect they warn, I imagine that just in case, to cover themselves.But they have never affected me.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/29/2020 5:11 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have gone through the arc innumerable times, with Dexcom and now with Medtronic and nothing has never happened.You tell the gringos that you cannot go through the arch and give them absolutely the same.Of course, arc and then good cacheo.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/01/2020 12:04 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.