My second result on glycosylated hemoglobin and cholesterol.This generates several doubts.

RCTP78's profile photo   09/28/2017 3:18 a.m.

very good with everyone !!

As I told you 3 months or a little more they diagnosed me diabetes, before diagnosing myself at that time I did a test by means of a glucometer which threw, I do not remember well but it was between 300 to 400 mg/dl.This led me to the endocrinologist and he told me to perform some analysis to see if he really had this evil.

I did the analyzes and throw a glycosylated hemoglobin of 11.6% that is very high, other values
LDL cholesterol (cholesterol what is known badly) 142.8 mg/dl which the doctor told me that although it was not high for a diabetic person like me should be kept below 100 mg/dl

Well I consult with other endocrinologists and they said that I have diabetes.I took metformin 850 mg after lunch and after dinner and then prescribed atorvastatin 20 mg for cholesterol.

In the period of these 3 months, I felt very cold, I thought it could be for a hypoglycemia picture, for this I also followed the letter on the diet but after a month it was no longer so strict, I ate more cereals that ifEntero and more fruit, that is, I never ate fat or sugar, but if I ate much more than I was allowed to eat, for work reasons I could not exercise as do the doctors have cut or walk quickly 6 days in the period3 months.

After a month and a half I bought an accu check-performed glucometer which I measured and showed low results 67-70 of that did not happen so I stopped consuming the metformin, I believe that the cold I felt was for that, then no longerI took metformin and mediated and the results were between 85-110 in the length of the day.This caught my attention I measured with other glucometer I still got those results.2 weeks ago I left atorvastin because I think that pill makes me lose my hair, since I will find out about my illness so far I have lost enough hair and I still lose it, I must mention that I am a little tense person.

Yesterday 3 months passed and the analysis of glycosylated hemoglobin and cholesterol.

Today I picked it up and it comes out:

glycosylated hemoglobin: 5. 3 % had 3 months ago 11. 6 %
Bad cholesterol 79 mg/dl had before, as I mentioned 142.8 mg/dl

This week I will go to two endocrinologists to tell me the interpretation of the results.

But seeing all this, do I have diabetes?Or it is only pre-diabetes (although I have read that the term does not exist)

Thanks for your time to read my post.

RCTP78's profile photo
RCTP78
09/28/2017 3:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No idea
Did you have any eating disorder and about weight?If you are well, suddenly, it could be type 2 diabetes. At the moment you eat properly, low weight and take care of yourself if you are young.
You tell us that they tell you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/28/2017 7:40 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

They told me like type 2 diabetes 3 months after the results of the first analysis, well before the diagnosis I had gone down weight like 20 kilos approx.But I was doing diet I was over weight but when diagnosing myself they told me that the weight loss was produced by diabetes, which I don't know ... since when I diet because I am uploading low weight with relative ease and speed.

I am 38 years old.So can you reverse?I hope it is.

I tell you what endocrinologists tell me.

RCTP78's profile photo
RCTP78
09/28/2017 8:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, it can be reversed in many cases.You are still young so it is surely what has happened.Most likely, changes in the diet have managed to get your body to control the bloodless glucose without medication.You are already in non -diabetic values, if you continue like this you will surely never need medication.But you don't confuse reverse with cure.If you return to bad eating habits, you will have high glucose again.You are prone to be diabetic and if you do not take care of yourself, you are most likely to be in values ​​like the ones you had 3 months ago.

Bad cholesterol is closely related to the consumption of sugars, by reducing them, you have gotten down.Statins have many side effects and in many cases do more bad than good.Whenever it can be better to reduce cholesterol making changes in the diet.In some cases it is necessary to take them but I think that should be a cardiologist who decides it and not the endocrine.You have to value many more things than the result of cholesterol to prescribe a medicine like that.My grandmother was prescribed by the primary doctor because she was a little high in an analytics and when she saw her the cardiologist told her that she did not even think of them, that in her case she did not need them.He told him to make some changes in the diet and in the following analyzes he was already fine.

Let's see what the endocrine tells you, you'll tell us.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/28/2017 9:43 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

As Yesssica tells you it is reversed but you have to take care of your whole life.
Diabetes 2 came out for the overweight.Your body could not metabolize hydrates well.
Now eat healthy and exercise frequent.So you will not have to medicate or put insulin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/28/2017 7:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.