{'en': 'Dexcom transmitter batteries can be changed?', 'es': 'Baterías del transmisor Dexcom, ¿se pueden cambiar?'} Image

Dexcom transmitter batteries can be changed?

algela's profile photo   10/08/2017 9:50 p.m.

Hello,

Just tell you that there are videos on the Internet of how to change the batteries of the Dexcom transmitter.

I have asked a friend who is electronic to change them and have done it.

It seems that it works perfectly, I have been three weeks now and it does not fail.

It seems incredible that they charge more than 300 euros for something that carries two button batteries.

All the best.

algela's profile photo
algela
10/08/2017 9:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In the G5?Will there be any link of how to do it?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/08/2017 10:30 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

I think that G4 and G5 must be the same, but I have not seen the transmitter of the G5 more than in photo.

algela's profile photo
algela
10/22/2017 7:05 p.m.

Will there be any link of how to do it?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/22/2017 7:08 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@"Angela", send link or instructions!Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
10/23/2017 11:04 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Link
Link

Come kids that youtube for the moment is Grátis.-;)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/23/2017 2:48 p.m.

Great, I'll tell you if my husband could do it !!!!!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/23/2017 5:32 p.m.

Argentina

I change them (from the first seven plus).
But beware of the G5, once you change the batteries does not work with the official app, or with the official receiver.You have to use it with XDRIP.In the same way as at the 3 months that the G5 dies in the official app and the official receiver, if you install the XDRIP you can get another 3 months working more (without changing anything).
Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/24/2017 1:43 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hi @Pabloj2000.I tried on one occasion but I failed because once the coating and put the new batteries, the pins did not make contact.How do you fight or wet the pins to the upper part of the new batteries (before coating with epoxy)?I tried they are Superglu but the Superglu did not hit my pin with the upper part of the battery and did not make contact well.It must be that this glue is not intended to paste metals.Thank you

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/25/2017 7:38 a.m.

Albertot ... Patillas are the biggest source of problems.Before, they were welded with welder and tin, but it is risky and complicated: if you give it excessive heat (necessary for good welding) you load your stack if it does not explode directly (it has already happened to me), and if you fall short as a precaution,You get a cold welding that makes good contact ... Over time these transmitters were very likely to fail, lose connection ... just because of that.I do it with a knitting machine (faces and specific), which I use for other topics of mine.This machine does is give 2 points that melt the nickel of the tab with that of the battery, come on, you have the original (these machines are used to make the batteries packs).The epoxy is not that it does not stick, paste, but a little that moves stops making contact (you need a weld).Another option that you can try (I use it to do the tests before closing the transmitters) is with a micro magnets of 0.5mm thick ... both surfaces are magnetic.But what was said, the good method is with the corresponding machine.Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/25/2017 9:21 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Let's see if I understood well, in order to extend the duration of the G5 transmitter, do you have to have xDrip, can you not?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/25/2017 6:55 p.m.

Argentina

Pabloj2000 said:
I change them (from the first Seven Plus). The 391 G4 Slim, and 389 g5.
But beware of the G5, once you change the batteries does not work with the official app, or with the official receiver.You have to use it with XDRIP.In the same way as at the 3 months that the G5 dies in the official app and the official receiver, if you install the XDRIP you can get another 3 months working more (without changing anything).
Greetings

So when the transmitter install xDrip dies and can I continue with the same transmitter?Does it attach again or simply work without more?Should I uninstall the Dexcom G5 application of the mobile or do not interfere with each other?Very interested, thanks.

Diana's profile photo
Diana
11/25/2017 2:41 p.m.

I return to the thread.When changing the battery if it happens moments that do not measure as for example half an hour and then measure again is it normal?Or what after bathing stop working for a long time?What will be happening?I hope you can help me.Thank you

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
06/25/2018 3:41 a.m.

Argentina

My mother!I just watched the first video and they have put my hair like scarpias!
Please, if you use that method (I think the second is easier), hold the issuer with any tool.I predict little future to the fingers of the kid of the video.The dremmel and similar are loaded by the devil.Eye, and with protective glasses better than better.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
06/25/2018 7:46 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Any other method for pins to make better contact?
And do you use the same type of G4 battery in the G5?

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
06/29/2018 10:09 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

dani76 said:
return the thread.When changing the battery if it happens moments that do not measure as for example half an hour and then measure again is it normal?Or what after bathing stop working for a long time?What will be happening?I hope you can help me.Thanks

After the pool it usually happens that does not work for a long time, why?Well, no idea, but if that happens to me, I also do not carry the changed batteries.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/14/2018 2:01 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

With the original dexcom transpider it works well in the water but since my son has a transmitter with the changed battery every time he bathes in chaos!And it takes about an hour to accommodate ... I wanted to know if someone happens to someone.Thank you

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
07/16/2018 2:17 a.m.

Argentina

dani76 said:
with the original dexcom transpider works well in the water but since my son has a transmitter with the changed battery every time he bathes in chaos!And it takes about an hour to accommodate ... I wanted to know if someone happens to someone.Thanks

If it happens to more people with changed batteries, you are not the only one, many people have asked me.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/16/2018 9:06 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.