DOSE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN APIDRA AND HUMALOG

Yessica_A's profile photo   10/18/2017 1:30 p.m.

Let's see if anyone has happened to you because I don't just understand what happens to me.Until a few months ago I used Apidra and they changed Humalog to look for pregnancy because it is more proven.The endocrine told me they were similar and would need the same units as Apidra.But in the 4 months I have been using it, I have seen that I need more units than before.I keep eating the same and I do more or less the same exercise so I don't understand what happens.For example before I used to put 4 units for breakfast, food over 5 and dinner between 1-3.Now breakfast I need 6 and as exactly the same as before and I am sitting all morning as before.To eat I get between 6-8 and for dinner 4-5.It seems a lot of difference with respect to the Apidra.I think something weird happens with the bolis.I have tried different bowling and different boxes but it is the same.
I have the feeling that the Humalog Boli does not release all the load I put.I have tried to discard a unit after putting the dose and it seems that a lot of liquid comes out to be just one unit.
Has anyone had the same problem?I have not tried any other quick so I don't know if this is normal.Since I stopped using mixtures I have always had a quick apidra so I don't know if the dose difference from one brand to another is very normal.I have no endocrine until December to ask him and I worry that it may be that he is having more insulin resistance.The slow one I have not varied, I continue with the same dose as before, it is only the rapid.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/18/2017 1:30 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

In principle, you should need the same units more or less, but you have to keep in mind that in this disease the degree of variability is very high for many factors that escape our control.It may be that this Humalog climb with respect to Apidra is simply due to an increase in insulin needs by your body and has nothing to do with insulin change.It often happens to me, I have to go up and lower the rapid ratios every so often to readjust it when I see that the postprandials of the meals are being higher or lower.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
10/18/2017 4:06 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

You are not getting much, it can be insulin change, but resistance, you don't have.My daughter gets more than you in food. And there are seasons that need less and others.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/18/2017 4:15 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for answering.It coincided just with insulin change the increase in the dose and did not know if it would be for that or for something else.

Yessica_A
10/18/2017 5:56 p.m.

Humalog, is Lispro?My son uses that, we always rule out 1 u before applying, if you need more or x there it coincides with hormonal, and/or emotional changes, the search for an amarazón although a quiet is always anxiety. Do you apply in the same place?X there to see if the same thing happens ..

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/18/2017 11:52 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Yes, the Humalog is Lispro and also discarded one or two units before putting it on, until it comes out liquid so that the needle is full.I put it in the same places as before.I know that in the gut it makes me a little more effect than in my legs and in the arm it is where it makes me less effect.That is the same as with the apidra.I guess I am something nervous even if I do not realize.The first months of searching if I noticed, especially the days I didn't know if I was or did not notice nervous and needed more insulin.I wanted to have perfect control and every time I saw a value of more than 140 I was already worried.But now I feel calm, although I am unconsciously I am nervous.I am already very nervous so it is difficult to notice the difference.

Yessica_A
10/19/2017 9:24 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.