Lantus at night

sharky92's profile photo   09/30/2017 10:57 a.m.

Good, this happens to me by streaks, I put the lantus (a single injection just before sleep) and at the time stuck I wake up because it goes down abruptly, not necessarily hicctime and wake up with voracious hunger, and it happens to me almost every night, I don't know what to do.I am tantling with my endo to change to the toujeo, who is supposed to have no peaks and is more flat, but he tells me that at the moment I have the perfect hem (6,1) and I do not know what to do ...

sharky92's profile photo
sharky92
09/30/2017 10:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Tell your endo to change the lantus in the morning, at night while we sleep the body tends alone to lower the glucose.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/30/2017 12:12 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

If the lantus gives hypos at night, the solution is to spend it in the morning, but you can tend to wake up high.That is why Toujeo is better, which lasts more than 24 hours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/30/2017 6:18 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In the morning I tried and all afternoon I walk with hypos, and I have nervous all day.The fact is that it goes for stream

sharky92's profile photo
sharky92
09/30/2017 7:20 p.m.

Then you will have to lower the dose.
Or snack.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/01/2017 5:49 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Lantus although theoretically they say that it is flat, almost all of us who have tried we know that it has a peak of descent action, in my case it was between the 2nd and the 4th hour of having put it, as @"regina" has told you you will havethat lowering the dose until you see that this peak of action is very slight or very small and obviously then the rest of the day are not very high.In my case I put it on the 18 hours but of course, that already depends on schedules, work, studies, sports and lifestyle of each one.-

Yes, hemo is perfect 6.1 but with how many weekly hypoglycemia ... ??I get out of that endocrin@ unless you tell him half of the hypos that you really have as I ever did when I started ...: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/01/2017 10:55 a.m.

Weekly hypos I will have minimum 5 ... the problem if the dose is very low is that I am all day/night high, depending on if I put it in the night or in the morning, even some real night a hypo of 55 take only 15 grams ofsugar and get up in more than 200 ...

sharky92's profile photo
sharky92
10/01/2017 10:58 a.m.

@"Shaky92" for my endocrine a 6.1 hemo with a "minimum" of 5 weekly hypos that surely are some more (we are talking about 1 hypoglycemia a day) is not a good glycosylated hemoglobin because it is not worth being.Day "In the tightrope" or "on the wire" as she says to get to that figure because any day you can fall.Every endocrine I imagine that it is a world.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/01/2017 12:57 p.m.

As I have for streaks, I don't value it as something continuous.On the next visit I will propose to use another basal or adjust the slow in another way, because right now it is unvoyable at night ...

sharky92's profile photo
sharky92
10/01/2017 3:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.