{'en': 'Fatigue when running', 'es': 'Fatiga al correr'} Image

Fatigue when running

dvd80's profile photo   08/29/2018 11:38 a.m.

Hello,

I was diagnosed with DM1 a few months ago.I've always run a lot, marathons and stockings.I carry Toujeo 24 at 9:00 p.m. and Novorapid 6-4-5.(9, 14 and 21 h.)

I go running around 20 hours, 60 minutes or so and I almost always find myself without strength shortly after 30 km.

The glucose levels are over 100 200. I am a rookie but I suspect that I am just insulin since the slow one almost 24 h that I took it and the rapid more than 4;And I can't use glycogen.

The feeling is bird.My endocrine does not pay much attention to the subject.

What do you think, should I modify the pattern, put a bolus and eat?

I'm still lost.
Thanks and a hug!

dvd80's profile photo
dvd80
08/29/2018 11:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.
The first thing telling you that it is very difficult to give you some patterns for sport because each one reacts in different ways.
I recommend that when you practice it, you take controls very often to see how you react throughout your practice.
So you can learn what you have to do.
The most normal thing is that throughout the exercise glucose levels lower, so it is always advisable that you take carbohydrates before doing so, a fruit is usually very advisable, but you must do that according to the glucose levels you have.It is advisable that your diabetes educators are giving you guidelines.Diabetes requires a lot of training and more when you practice sports.
Not finding strength during exercise may be due to different causes, in my case when I have that feeling is because I am at low glucose levels.I recommend that when you have that feeling you make a blood glucose, since it may be low, high and it may even be due to other factors that have nothing to do with diabetes.
Having glucose levels between 100-200, do you mean all day or while doing sports?
You also talk about fixed dose of fast insulin.I would request training in your hospital to teach you to change the doses according to the rations of hydrates that you are going to eat and the level of blood glucose you have.
I imagine, or at least I hope, that if you have been given very little time, they will still give you.
Many spirits and do not overwhelm.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
08/29/2018 5:24 p.m.

Maybe that bird feeling appears because it is going down quick
As @MJSM tells you you have to meet and learn little by little.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/29/2018 6:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Sport with diabetes is complicated and it is necessary to know how your body reacts to the different activities.If you can afford a continuous monitor like the Free or the Dexcom will help you see the graphs of what is happening to see how to act.And it also helps to be calmer when you do sports because you can look at you every little and avoid hypos without having to be high just in case.When I am somewhat high I usually be tired, if you say you are in 200 sometimes it can be that.Also when it goes down quickly, certain symptoms are usually noticed as of hiccups even if you are not in hiccups as Regina tells you, but your body warns you when you notice that it goes down very fast.That can also be what happens to you.With a continuous monitor you could easily see it.
Capillary measurements only give you a value at that time but in sport the thing changes a lot and quickly so it is not usually enough information to see what happens and how to try to correct it.

I also use toujeo and it covers me well 24 hours but not at all hours the same basal is needed and that with bolis cannot be adjusted.If you do sports at the level of running marathons, the pump would come well because it allows many more adjustments, you can comment with the endocrine to see what it tells you.It is not usually easy for you to put it on you but you are still in the cases where you meet the conditions and you can ask if you see that you can adjust well to your life.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/29/2018 6:58 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thanks to everyone,

mjsm said:
to have glucose levels between 100-200, do you mean all day or while doing sports?
You also talk about fixed dose of fast insulin.I would request training in your hospital to teach you to change the doses according to the rations of hydrates that you are going to eat and the level of blood glucose you have.
I imagine, or at least I hope, that if you have been given very little time, they will still give you.
Many spirits and do not overwhelm.

If I refer to the levels during the exercise, I do 1 or 2 controls in half.
I quickly go up or under the level of glucose.

I will try to see how such.

Greetings

dvd80's profile photo
dvd80
08/29/2018 8:29 p.m.

Do you give us data but there is a main one that you lack, how do you carry the food?How many days do you train?How long?
The food is very important and many times we do not pay enough attention.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/29/2018 11:53 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Now I try to leave 4 days a week, 2 or less than an hour at low-media intensity, another series and the weekend on the hour and a half, here I take a gel before starting and another at 45 m of 25HC.
On food: 200 grams of HC more meat or fish and some vegetables in lunch and dinner, at the 50gr bread and sausage or cheese.
Greetings

dvd80's profile photo
dvd80
08/30/2018 6:14 p.m.

Hello.
I am practicing sports daily and I just participated in the race of Moutain Bike in which I had to retire after completing the first round.My situation was the following, and the glucose was high, because I was hydrating with energy drinks, but the temperature was in more than 110f, that took me out.I thought it was glucose, but they verified me and I was in 190. I had consumed glucose pills shortly before the sample.After hydrating strongly, I recovered enough energies to complete a three turn and retire.I did not take any medication before the race and even started with the high glucose to be able to burn without worrying about low, I did not have the temperature factor and competition stress that stifled me in a matter of minutes.What I say with this is that in reality if you are going to practice a sport that requires high caloric consumption, you can try not to inject the rapid.That will protect you from dangerous declines in glucose.That 190 that I had in the midst of the situation in 3 hours had dropped to 79. And I had not taken absolutely any medication.I still check every day that my glucose remains well controlled with a moderate exercise routine.Consistency is the key.This week he grabbed me a cold and I had it in the 130-140 when I got up and I am taking the metformin to help, but the exercise gives me the answer.Yesterday before dinner an hour before I was in 127, and I went to pedal for half an hour, and when I arrived before eating it already had it in 97. He continues to study how your body reacts, but personally I do not advise you with quick insulin, whileYou exercise

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
09/05/2018 2:21 p.m.

Thanks for the answers

dvd80's profile photo
dvd80
09/05/2018 8:32 p.m.

Hello, I have been in the world of running for 7 years, my advice is to get out, now, now 226ers Hydrazero are doing very well, avoid watercolor that is red water that nothing does.Regulates breathing since coconut is very important.The sugar levels are fine, look at them before leaving and if you feel straw miratelo, if in 30min you pass from 200 to 100 casualtGo drinking some HC to avoid declines.

I hope to help.

sergibcn's profile photo
sergibcn
09/07/2018 1:01 p.m.

Hi DVD80.ç

Duransantiago87r's profile photo
Duransantiago87r
09/13/2018 12:26 p.m.

Endodiabesidad.Clinica Duran & Asociados (Sevilla)
Unidad de Investigación en Diabetes, Obesidad, Hipertensión y Colesterol

Hello DVD80.

I have a degree in C.C of physical and sports activiad, responsible for the area of ​​physical activity and sport of Durán Clinic.It is an endocrinology and nutrition clinic in Seville (Spain) and we are all specialized in diabetes, from our different areas (in my case physical activity).I tell you how a debut in diabetes and well -programmed physical activity is going.

On the one hand you have to have well -based basic concepts such as:

1st) Glycemia control 2 hours before physical activity (so that you will do insulin glycemia corrections, if necessary), why is it important to do this first step?, Because you can't start doing activityRegulated Physics (I do not talk about doing the homework or a small walk, but a training session of moderate intensity) if you have the glucose in values ​​greater than 180 mg/dl, because in that case the physical activity will make theGlycemia rises instead of lowering it.Therefore if you control 2 hours before and 1.5 hours before and see that you have an ascending trend, I advise you to click some fast insulin (1-2 IU) to get to the time of the physical activity sessionWith value less than 180 as I tell you.

2nd) Divide the time of the session into three parts:

(1st control) 33% of the time (2nd control) 33% of the time (3rd control) 33% of the time (4th control).

You get a blood glucose control, always at the beginning of the session, to know where parts and at the end of the first period, at the end of the second period and at the end of the third period (end of the session), in this way you can observe theGlycemia trend and make corrections at the level of food intrasion and after it.
I leave you an algorism that we use to avoid unpleasant situations during exercise:

*1st control (before the fair session): -If glucose between 70-90 ...........
-Yes glucose between 90-120 ............ Eat 20-25gr of rapid absorption HC
-If glucose between 120-180 ........... nothing and you can start the session
-If glucose above 180 .... cancel the session, inject 1-2 IU of
fast insulin and wait to enter more appropriate ranges.

3rd) There is an aspect that people do not usually know, and after the exercise session, it continues to lower the glucose up to 2 hours post session, I mean, if you finish doing a physical activity session, in which in whichThe trend of glucose has been descending, but without risk at a low, and you have finished with a very good glucose of 95 mg/dl per ejmoplo, it will continue to fall until 2 hours after the session is finished, giving cases of people who havesuffered hypoglycemia at 1.5 hours after the session of physical activity has finished.Keep in mind and you will avoid more than an unpleasant surprise.Hence the importance of the last contour, because it marks you whether or not you have to ingest HC of rapid absorption, imagine that you end with 75mg/dl and you feel perfectly, well, well you would have to take 25gr of HC, because you can fall intohypoglycemia in a short time.I put the post exercise algorism.

*4th Control (after the fair session): -I
-Yes glucose between 90-120 .... Eat 5-10gr of rapid absorption HC
- If glucose greater than 120 ..... nothing4th) Avoid performing the session in the central hours of the day (in heat or cold situations too high), since it does not help the glucose curve stabilize.Better to do it when you enjoy a soft weather, not very cold or very hot.

5th) Use proper footwear and clothing for the A.F.If you are not physically comfortable, the glucose trend will be altered, due to the stress that can cause you for example, that you hurt your shoes.

This is the basics to start doing physical activity safely for diabetics.You have to keep in mind that at first you will have to do how your body reacts to the different sessions, depending on the objective you are looking for: aerobic - interval -anaerobic, and all its training subsystems, and you will have to adjust the taking of HC before and afterof exercise.
My recommendation, and I tell you because I decide to this, is that for a year you invest a little money in a personal coach specializing in diabetes, will teach you, guide and take care of you.From the year, with the training that this one gives you and the knowledge of how your body reacts to the different sessions that you will have developed with the personal coach, you can continue on your own with the risks of sports practice in minimized diabetic people.
Keep in mind that physical activity is the best pill for diabetes control, so invest your time and money in this field, the complement to insulin and pills you already have it there but with a good diet and the activityAdequate physics, surely you will reduce pharmacological treatment.
To finish I tell you that it is very important that your endocrine, your dietitian and your personal coach are well coordinated, so it is best to look for a multidisciplinary team that helps you combine these three aspects, which together with the scope of psychology, make upThe 4 legs of the chair on which you will sit to control diabetes the rest of your life.

Endocrine - Dietitian - Personal Coach- Psychologist

This is the team that you must trust for the proper control of your diabetes.A cordial greeting of the entire Durán & Associates team: D

Duransantiago87r
09/13/2018 1:28 p.m.

From the last I forgot the hydration, which of course is very important to exercise and for day to day.2-4 liters daily of water, neither very cold nor very hot.Although in the eastern world the taking of a glass of hot water is practiced in the morning, for digestive problems and as a general rule.The Chinese know a lot huh: DD Greetings to all

Duransantiago87r
09/13/2018 1:31 p.m.

@"Duransantiago87R" Do you have experience in training with diabetics that make low hydrates diet (less than 70gr per day)?Because the amounts that you put from hydrates to take according to the exercise you are going to do seem exaggerated for which we carry low hydrates diet.If I do that I end in 300 even if it is 2 hours of intense exercise.I begin my training in normal glucose rank (70-120) and I finish in the same range without taking anything before or during training.Normally my training are 1.5 hours.1 hour of weights (calisthenics and free peso exercises) and half an hour of cardio (running, bike, elliptical or rowing as I feel like) that some days change for about 20 minutes of hitt on tape.After the training if I get off a little and sometimes when I leave if I am on the lower limit I have to eat something but with 5 gr of hydrate I get.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/13/2018 2:49 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Good morning Yesics.

First, ask you forgiveness for taking so long to answer.In Seville we have had the Guadalquivir night marathon, a sports-lúdic test and we have been very aware of our diabetic patients who ran it: d.
Well, entering matter, the first thing I have to tell you is that the amount of HC necessary for diabetic people is not an exact science, it depends on many factors such as sex, age, physical activity that is done, etc ... asStandard measures, it is known that to maintain its vital functions the body needs 120-130gr of HC/day, and on the other hand, that the HCs are spent at a rate of 30-60gr/hour with moderate/high intensity exercises.These ranges are orientative, from them we have to work individually with each person.
Regarding your particular case, with the little information that I have, I can intuit that you are a trained person, who plays in your favor to be able to adjust the HC and handle yourself well in a low diet in HC, with the precautions that must be taken inThese types of diet at the level of hypoglycemia, although of course they have much less insulin requirements and hypoglycemic pills, which is good.
Keep in mind that the physical activity that predominates in your case is anaerobic (the least expense of HC) since 1.5h training, you invest 1h in muscles and 1/2 in cardio (which will depend on the intensity,that is more aerobic than anaerobic), so it is basically a.f anaerobic.It is because of this type of activity for what you stay with the same glycemia ranges more or less before and after the session.
Being a trained person, you also have the advantage of "sports memory", which is nothing otherexercises to your body.
Regarding GRS of carbohydrates to raise blood glucose, it is not an exact science, but we can say that more weight, more carbohydrates needs to raise blood glucose.A general scheme that give us guidance correlations is this:
This following scheme suggests the glycemia increase caused by each gram of carbohydrate, although they are indicative and each person responds differently depending on many factors.

The table indicates the rise in mg/dl of blood glucose weight glycemia
By 1gr of HC
& lt;28 kg 6 mg/dl
29 - 47 kg 5 mg/dl
48 - 76 kg 4 mg/dl
77 - 105 kg 3mg/dl
& GT;105 kg 2mg/dl

Finally, tell you to keep in mind that glucometers give a glycemia value of +/- 20-30 mg/dl, so you don't have to go crazy if there are no changes in blood glucose after ingesting HC, or by theOtherwise, if the value that the glucometer gives you is higher than expected, we always have to take that margin into account.As doctors would say, the important thing is the clinic, above the data.
I hope I have clarified some points, and on our website you will have more information and news about diabetes.
Link

Duransantiago87r
10/09/2018 1:41 p.m.

As a specific advice (it happens to me) before you get a mess, as they say above it could be for bad control or for a bit high figures, but in my case I feel worse if I am with good values ​​but I have too much insulinIn blood.Sometimes I am a little higher and I feel perfect doing sports, however before knowing this sometimes I gathered the meals with training and had these sensations.The answer that I appear is that insulin is an anabolic hormone and therefore hinders catabolism (processes such as oxidizing fats that are so necessary in aerobic exercise).It is not that the body only saves or only spends, but in my case I always try to make insulin clean before training, waiting 1h 30 or 2 from the last dose and perhaps with some brief walk.Greetings and encourage!

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
10/13/2018 12:34 a.m.

dvd80 said:
hello,

I was diagnosed with DM1 a few months ago.I've always run a lot, marathons and stockings.I carry Toujeo 24 at 9:00 p.m. and Novorapid 6-4-5.(9, 14 and 21 h.)

I go running around 20 hours, 60 minutes or so and I almost always find myself without strength shortly after 30 km.

The glucose levels are over 100 200. I am a rookie but I suspect that I am just insulin since the slow one almost 24 h that I took it and the rapid more than 4;And I can't use glycogen.

The feeling is bird.My endocrine does not pay much attention to the subject.

What do you think, should I modify the pattern, put a bolus and eat?

I'm still lost.
Thanks and a hug!

GranGaspy's profile photo
GranGaspy
10/14/2018 1:30 p.m.

Hello, I am DM1 and I also do athletics.Do you say the sensations are as if you had a bird?It would be convenient for you to carry a continuous sensor during training and also in competitions.The sensations while running do not look like those you have when you don't.You can believe that you have a bird and at least it is hyperglycemia.The best?A sensor.Or you stop in the middle of the training and click your finger.Never for sensations.Also with so little time after the debut it is normal for one to be something lost.The sensor marks the trends and gives you time to anticipate to prevent hypoglycemia leave you lying or something worse.I have only run a marathon, after making a few socks and carried a freestyle, that if reinforced with hydrofugo tape and a bracelet so that I did not fall, they use the same glue as the post-it.During the marathon I did not skip any supplies.I took a bottle of water every 5km, a salt capsule every 10-15 km and a gel every time I need.Always controlling the trends that the sensor marked.I didn't run into the famous wall at any time.In summary: no sensations!It is necessary to act on real data.All the best.

GranGaspy's profile photo
GranGaspy
10/14/2018 1:48 p.m.

Be very careful please with those data that have been put above because I think they are not very successful.

"Glycemia above 180 you start sports and go up" that does not happen at all, it mayIt is long and depending on the intensity will go down before or later.

It is also commented that if the blood glucose is between 120 and 180 you can start, this is not the case, to see if it is a walking training yes, of course, but I think we do not talk about walking.In 135, for example, if you take a running training with warm -up and then series for example the glycemia downturn is insured, depending on the training, it is better to do before you do an HC take, depending on more or less HC duration and intensityor less sugars.I reduce a total of 80% insulin an hour before and take HC Bars Slow absorption and a bit fast, but blood glucose falls.We talk about running or running not to go for a walk.

I have no university degree but this point is totally counterproductive if I have understood it well, you want to decur that if the blood glucose is between 120 and 180 you can start?

As the partner comments, each one is a world but those advice is very careful when following them.

That gluconters can give a blood difference of 20/30 mg with respect to blood will also depend on the gluconeter because I assure you that the contour Next do not give those differences.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/21/2018 1:22 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@"Jconegar" I in my case at least, as it works for me, is always comparing glucose with insulin on board, which is an issue that in this forum I have not seen much and is crucial.An example if you are going to run, and you look and you are 160 many doctors would tell you that great, but if you do less than 2h that you ate and you injected, that insulin has not yet been fully absorbed and you run the risk of having the risk of havingA decrease.If, on the contrary, you are 120 but more than 3/4 hours ago you put on the last dose and your basal is not very high, you may train and everything or even rise due to segregated catabolic hormones during training.

On what I commented above, keep in mind that while there is a lot of insulin in the body, lipolysis is inhibited to a large extent, so obtaining energy will be much lower and we are probably more tired.We must think that insulin is a highly anabolic hormone (the one that most of our body) and its presence inhibits the oxidation of fatty acids.When there is more insulin aboard than we should feel fatigued even with correct blood glucose values.

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
10/23/2018 2:45 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.