After 2 years my bomb died ..

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo   10/27/2017 9:22 p.m.

Hello!Well that, after the occasional problem with this apparel with the battery theme (it was Minimed 640g and the happy version of problematic software ...) has decided to leave me lying ... half an agonizing hour in which it does not detect battery, and anotherdesperate half an hour to the phone until they confirm that they do send me another ... but already that next week.And I crowded (forgiveness) now returns to the bolis, I who was from Lantus, my hated lantus ... I do not have a single basal pen, and "thanks" that my brother TBN has diabetes, because I planted an amount by eyeof threeiba .. and to see what happens.
Well, what are I going to, would you know how to say a little basal-pump equivalence with basal pen?I remember that when programming the basal in the pump it was done by 80-85% of what it had been putting with bolis, I imagine that it will now be the other way around and must put more than the total basal bomb.But I have never handled three, so no idea.It goes without saying that I have fallen very short, I have real panic to the hypos, before the bomb I had a hard time going back and now that I am made not to have declines ..
I thank you in advance, greetings!

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo
Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
10/27/2017 9:22 p.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010
Bomba insulina Minimed 640G - Uso Freestyle libre de forma discontinua

Indeed, you will have to inject 25% more basal insulin in the form of Lantus insulin.But as you are going to do it with insulin Tresiba, you will have to increase this last amount by 10%, that is, that starting from the amount of basal pump insulin, you have to calculate 35% more for threeiba.
For the theme of the hypos, sorry !!!
You have to keep in mind that your basal insulin needs can be variable throughout the day and with three -year insulin (or with any slow or mixed insulin) this behavior cannot be imitated, so hypos could be assured.But if you put less amount of three to avoid those hypos, then the hyper could be assured.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/28/2017 10:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you @"Mamarvazq" !!I am giving a little more on the nail every day, when I get a good day then the new bomb will arrive ... and again adjust.I will take into account what you tell me in the Tresiba for today, these days the truth is that I am very short.

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo
Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
10/29/2017 4:19 p.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010
Bomba insulina Minimed 640G - Uso Freestyle libre de forma discontinua

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.