I have to drink corticosteroids

Emezu's profile photo   10/06/2017 6:34 p.m.

Hi, I'm new participating in the forum
Since I have read a lot in this forum and the truth is that it has helped me a lot.
I spent a few years with the feathers and fixed me fatal and thanks to everything I read here I managed to put an ACCU-Chek Spirit Combo bomb.And I can assure that my quality of life changed completely, of course to much better.
Now I have a problem and I hope you can give me a hand.
The issue is that I have to start taking corticosteroids for 20 days and I wanted to know if you have taken them and how it has affected you.
The blood glucose has uploaded a lot and as you corrected it.
My endocrine has already given me some guidelines but well I wanted to know some experiences, I am a little nervous.

I hope to participate a bit now that I have started.
Thanks for everything,

Emezu's profile photo
Emezu
10/06/2017 6:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A few weeks ago I took corticosteroids for four days.The blood glucose shot.In meals he did it as always put more insulin more units to correct.I was more pending and I did more controls.To more than 300 did not go up.
I spent a few days with another treatment, but since inflammation went down very slowly, it was best to take corticosteroids.
Get more controls and don't worry that nothing happens to be a few days with high blood glucose.The important thing is that the ailment disappears.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/06/2017 9:51 p.m.

Each one is a world, I have had to take several times and I have never followed the same guidelines.
Always try if Class to eat have the levels well because there will be where you can have more problems.
It will depend on the dose that will put what will affect you, and it will not be the same as in the end of taking the pills, and you will stop taking them and possibly continue with the climbs.
Come see how you do great, you will have to play a lot with the basal.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/06/2017 11:54 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you guys, my endocrine has given me some guidelines to raise the basal of the whole day.I start tomorrow at breakfast, we'll see how it is going, I hope I haven't uploaded the basal.I'll tell you.

Emezu's profile photo
Emezu
10/07/2017 12:14 a.m.

Can always download them ...;)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/07/2017 4:50 p.m.

The truth is that today the glycemias has not uploaded practically anything, I have had to lower the basal.
We will see tomorrow.

Emezu's profile photo
Emezu
10/07/2017 10:17 p.m.

I spent almost 2 years taking Dacortín and you want me to tell you almost when I have had the best hemoglobins, the highest of 6.2.
I do not wear a bomb with bolis and what I did was up the lantus a for units no more.
With what I had more problems was with hypoglycemia because when taking it so long the adrenal glands atrophy and you have no symptoms of hypoglycemia and your body does not release glucagon, it is difficult for you to overcome life, and the glucagon punctured does not respond very well.
In 25 years I had never needed glucagon or lost consciousness, in those 2 years the Samur had to come 3 times due to hypoglycemia with loss of knowledge and with 2 glucagones my parents did not go back, samur with glucose serum.
So if it is going to be for a lot, I find it

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/08/2017 11:47 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I have to take 20 days, the first 5 the highest dose, the other 5 a little less, thus lowering 5 days in 5 days.Glycemiah quite well, just a high beak in the afternoon today 230 but I correct it and that's it.
I hope to continue like this and not complicate.
Thanks for your comment.

Emezu's profile photo
Emezu
10/10/2017 6:10 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.