{'en': 'Crash diet dangers?', 'es': 'Peligros de la dieta crash?'} Image

Crash diet dangers?

Yuyette's profile photo   11/14/2017 7:31 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I tell you my question ... for a week I have begun to make a diet, in principle it is a miracle diet so I know that it cannot be good and will have rebound effect, but desperate situations require desperate measures.

My blood glucose has remained phenomenal during these days but I wanted to know if there may be any risk for my diabetes that is not observed in my blood glucose ... If you think of something or opinions it would be great!

I put what you eat:

1. Just lifted a cup of pineapple, melon, watermelon or papaya +1 walnut / 2 almonds
2. Breakfast: half a cup of whole grains+ 200 ml of milk
3. 2 hours later: 1 pear/apple/banana/mango + 4 almonds/2 nuts
4. 2 hours later: a cup of pineapple, melon, watermelon or papaya +1 nut / 2 almonds
5. Food: 2 vegetable cups+ 60gr chicken or tuna+ 4 teaspoons of olive oil or half avocado
6. 2 hours later: 1 pear/apple/banana/mango + 4 almonds/2 nuts
7. 2 hours later: a cup of pineapple, melon, watermelon or papaya +1 nut / 2 almonds
8. Dinner: 2 Bread toast with 1/4 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup of whole cereals
9. 2 hours later: a cup of pineapple, melon, watermelon or papaya +1 nut / 2 almonds

For my liking it is quite good since it has not uploaded to me glycemia or I have had any hypoglycemia at the moment but I also do not want to leave anything to chance and shit it ... hahaha

Yuyette's profile photo
Yuyette
11/14/2017 7:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @"yuyette" in principle I see it a healthy diet (although for many surely monotonous), although the problem you can have is the rise in blood glucose since you eat every 2 hours that is typical of the Crash diet (you do not indicateIf you put insulin, take pills, you are of type 1 or 2 etc), keep in mind that these diets are not adapted for diabetic people, but you can adapt it a bit to your diabetes and your needs, for example if you ever you areSomething high, try to take fruits that contain little sugar like the melon, watermelon (although the latter has a high glycemic index) or even take a smaller piece of fruit, and leave the pineapple and banana for when you are with the lowest glucose, and you can also control the cereals, of the much existing variety there are less hydrates and with more hydrates, so it is important that you have frequent control of your glucose.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
11/15/2017 4:50 p.m.

As for glucose what @"runing50" tells you, it seems correct.But I would not make a diet of this type more than 2 weeks in a row.It is very low in calories and if you keep it for a longer time, the metabolism is slowed and when you let it recover what you have lost and some extra kg of gift.It is not one of the worst diets that you can do to lose weight but I think it is very poor in protein and very low in calories (so I have seen online are 1000 kcal that is very little for an adult) so be carefulNot to follow her long.When you are in strong heat restriction from 2 weeks leptin levels fall a lot and fat loss stagnates because your body adapts and lowers metabolism.This when you leave the diet means that you will gain much more easily as soon as you raise calories.

If searching in Google "Hypocaloric diets leptin" and you read the first 3 results that come out (vitonica, realfitness and fitnessrevolutionary) explains it very well.

My advice is that instead of doing this type of diets you learn to eat correctly because that way you can harm your health and you will always be up and getting weight.What will generate a lot of frustration and never feel good with your body and have a bad relationship with food.If you need help, go to a good nutritionist that teaches you to eat well for the rest of your life and don't do follies.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/16/2017 1:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you very much for answering !!I have type 1 diabetes for thirteen years (I have 23) I use the freestyle so I have observed that the glucose is doing quite well.The difficult thing is to lower slowly because I get frustrated, I have taken 13 kg in the last 4 years and I am desperate!The option to go to a nutritionist had raised it but I have always thought they would not have diets for type 1:/

Yuyette's profile photo
Yuyette
11/17/2017 2:09 a.m.

I believe that diabetic diets do not have to be very different from those of the rest whenever they are done with a professional.Many times we make the mistake of adjusting what we eat to insulin and I think it would be necessary to do it.Insulin is the one that should adjust to what we eat.
You can always look for a diabetes experienced nutritionist, it will be more difficult to find but it has surely experience that helps you learn to eat healthy and keep glucose controlled.And with that you will lose weight little by little but forever, which is much better than being thinning and fattening every little.Try to see it as something for the long term that also improves your health.
From my point of view (without being a nutritionist or anything related) I think the best thing to lose weight is to always eat healthy.No prosecuted, without refined flours and with a majority of fresh foods, especially vegetables.And under my personal experience, low hydrates diets work very well to maintain controlled glucose in normal limits and to lose weight.And the insulin needs that are something that helps not to gain weight off.Then each person is different and not to everyone the same thing works so it is a matter of trying but always advised by a good nutrition professional so that you do not have shortcomings or problems with glucose.The miracle diets that circulate online can help you lose a few kilos very fast but it serves you if in a short time you recover and enclose your metabolism touched and fattening more easily.It is always better to take small steps but always forward than all the time taking a big step towards Delate and two backwards.I understand that you want to see quick results because we all happen when we start something new but in the end the wait and effort compensates when you get your goal.I encourage and you'll see as if you propose it seriously.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/17/2017 9:57 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.