{'en': "I am less and my son's g5 sensors for my son ... Desperate !!", 'es': 'Cada vez me duran menos los sensores el G5 a mi hijo...DESESPERADA!!'} Image

I am less and my son's g5 sensors for my son ... Desperate !!

Dani Se's profile photo   09/21/2018 12:44 a.m.

Hello,

My son has been on the Dexcom G5 arm for a year, with XDrip and Nigthscouth.

Most have lasted me 20-25 days, for 4 sensors that hopefully arrive at 8 days ... I have no idea what happens ... on some occasion a droplet of blood that did not expand and other times it does not come outNo blood, we change the battery of the transmitters for the first time mid -June, and I am desperate because if they start so little I do not know if I will be able to continue paying it.

I hope you can help me with your experiences!

Thank you!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/21/2018 12:44 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@"Dani76".I already said it a while ago.For a few months now, it is difficult for us to reach two weeks, except with some isolated sensor (in summer, with daily bathrooms in the beach and pool, we take three long weeks to a sensor. The world upside down!).
For example, the one who has now put it on three days ago and interrogations are starting to leave as soon as he sleeps on his back (that did not happen to us well in the second week).
I can only suggest that you try somewhere else, for example in the upper part of the culete, to see if you get better results.And look at it as best as possible.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/21/2018 11:01 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Hello, my son has been using it for 4 months and the time it lasted more were 14 days and hardly because the last 2 days left ??Every 2 by 3, so we practically change it every week.

As it is small, it has always taken it at the top of the gluteo, and what happens to us in the last sensors when they expire for the first time and the restarts, is that the questions do not come out at 2 days, but the measurements cease to be reliable, the other day after eating, I went down 60, 50 ... I giving juice and juice, until the word low with alarms appeared ... and when clicking on the finger it was in 198 but the scare did not take away.

That is why I am looking forward to the G6 because it also does not last more than 10 days.

Greetings,

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
09/21/2018 11:54 a.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

The truth is that I do not know what it will be ... the sensors are G4 and I buy them in Chile, since I live in Argentina, and the transmitters have brought them from Spain. The sensors bought 7 boxes last year in Sepirmbre, which are theI still use, but the last ones fly. In Nigthscout's face they can help us?X there with their experience some clue give us
Thanks for answering!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/21/2018 2:28 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@"Dani76" I am unable to advise you, since my son uses Freestyle+Blucon and the truth is very happy, but I understand that in your case perhaps going from Dexcom to Freestyle would be to step back.
In the Face of Nightscout Spain there are many issues related to Dexcom, so it is likely that you can find good advice.Luck.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
09/21/2018 4:08 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

Change zone to see if you are doing better.It is independent from where they are compressed.I have used expired sensors for a long time and have worked well.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/22/2018 1:02 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thanks for your answers!Yesterday we changed the sensor, no blood came out, we put the insertion in the same arm.The next sensor will change it to the other arm, if we always put it on the arm, will it have to see if it placed it up, or far behind or something ???

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/22/2018 1:07 a.m.

Argentina

Well, I don't know, if the 4 sensors are of the same box may be because of storage, where heat does not feel well.Here in Spain in summer they do not take orders on Fridays so that they are not stored in the agencies over the weekend and may suffer heat damage.

Always try to put the sensor where you see that there is more fat (where you can take a pinch).

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
09/24/2018 4:59 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Most likely, the transmitter is under stack (despite marrying it as ok or being in the margin of 3 months in G5, or 8-9 in a G4 ... and much more if the G5 you are resetting it).One of the symptoms of a transmitter at the end of his life is that the sensors last less ... a "dead" sensor with that transmitter, you put another transmitter, and surely take you the days that you lack your habituality.There are also "inexplicable" cases, which do not have to do or with sensors (different remittances), either due to "season" (cold heat or vice versa), or by the full moon (it is a say, so that it is seenthat has nothing to do).A couple of months ago I found 2 sensors that did not reach 10 days, of different boxes, and now with a sensor of each box, it returns to normal.In any case, the transmitters influence a lot, even if they seem that they are "new" or correct voltages, they assure you that they fluctuate (either by exterior temperature, bathrooms in hot water, etc ...).

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/13/2018 3:15 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

@"Pabloj2000" Thank you!The last sensor lasted 6 days ... a new sensor coincided with a new transmitter, recent... and to complete I stop working the phone that my son carries ..... we are configuring another!Many times when putting a sensor a droplet of blood that does not expand, when it bathes it leaves .... I do not know that it can be, but the sensors no longer last me as before.And also what happens to me, sometimes, in a followed way that it stops measuring and I have to restart the phone!With the official transmitter I did not happen to me, since we make the change of battery!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/13/2018 11:11 p.m.

Argentina

The transmitter with changed batteries can be a source of problems (if not well done), the welds give a lot of can (if you have used tin, the ideal is welding by point), because you can brush a new battery, or2 (Heat destroys and loses load).You should check voltages in the application (it is not very reliable either).There are many more aspects to review in a transmitter with changed batteries, but if you say that with a new transmitter it does not happen to you, the problem I think will be there.Good luck and greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/14/2018 1:35 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.