Valentina Avetta is a native of San Nicolás de los Arroyos, province of Buenos Aires and with type 1 diabetes since the age of 12.Third year student of Bioengineering of the National University of Entre Ríos.

He won a regional and national science fair with a project of a undercarocromic sensor based on microencapsulated liquid crystals.From childhood he showed fondness for science and research.And we could say that diabetes inspired their work.On November 10, Valentina Avetta will be one of the speakers of Diabetes Experience Day, Argentina.

In the words of Valentina Avetta “it occurred to me because I am a diabetic and it happened to me that being on vacation the insulin lost the cold chain and did not realize.Several times the doubt came in.This uncertainty led me to solve it and I started looking for myself.And there I thought I could look for solutions to the problem. ”

Since then he began working on the independent project to manufacture a sensor that could warn if insulin lost its cold chain.

Inspired by a souvenir that brought from Mar del Plata, she began studying at 16, thermochromatic compounds, until choosing one with which to work, once identified, with Bethlehem a schoolmate and a teacher, presented the project inA first school science fair, then provincial and finally national and international.Obtaining in the last bronze medal.

The story of Valentina Avetta with diabetes will be told in the first person on November 10 at the Auditorium of the National University of San Luis, where together with her, other people with diabetes can share experiences.Everything will take place in the shelter of the first edition of Diabetes Experience Day that is celebrated in Argentina and of which there are already few entries.If you don't have yours yet, you are still on time.

Enter this link and reserve your entry Link