{'en': 'Walk Spain by bike to protest discrimination to be a policeman for diabetes', 'es': 'Recorre España en bici para protestar por discriminación para ser policía por diabetes'} Image

Walk Spain by bike to protest discrimination to be a policeman for diabetes

fer's profile photo   09/28/2018 3:31 p.m.

The young Huelva José Manuel García has arrived in Extremaduran lands on his bicycle pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela to protest against what he considers discrimination, being excluded from the access evidence to the National Police Corps for having diabetes.

Garcia, who started this trip last weekend, has left today in a new stage that has taken him to Mérida to continue his way to the Galician capital.

In Almendralejo, where he has stopped at the stage on Tuesday, José Manuel García has been accompanied by members of a local diabetics association that has supported him in this protest campaign that will take him to tour Spain.

"I am claiming the exclusion that we suffer from the diabetic collective in public positions," said this 26 -year -old, who discovered that he suffered this disease only three years ago, when he was already immersed in the preparation of the oppositions to policeNational.

"I will make the way from El Rocío to Compostela to make everyone say that people with diabetes can do any type of work," he said.

After approving the first two tests, José Manuel was excluded from the process in the medical examination, when he was diagnosed with diabetes.

As a result, he resorted to the Ombudsman, but so far he has not obtained any response, hence he has decided to initiate that pilgrimage by bicycle alone.

"I totally controlled myself and I feel trained to do any work," defends this young man, who has been received today in Almendralejo by a local police patrol on the journey through the Extremadura town.

After having left on September 22, El Rocío, José Manuel plans to reach the Galician capital between October 6 and 8.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/28/2018 3:31 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

All my support and encouragement.He is right, because I have also suffered the same problem.
A strong hug José

chamus1978's profile photo
chamus1978
04/04/2021 11:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.