{'en': 'Ten -month -old baby dad presentation with type I diabetes', 'es': 'Presentación papá de bebé de diez meses con diabetes tipo I'} Image

Ten -month -old baby dad presentation with type I diabetes

Kallaikoi's profile photo   10/08/2018 5:19 a.m.

Hello good,

I am the father of a girl with ten months who has debuted a few days ago with important ketoacidosis.The world has come to us and why they find no response, that is unjust is life.Exclusive breastfeeding until eight months, and that we were now complementing with varied and wage food (not a single potion bought, all made at home and natural).There is no history of type I diabetes in the family (two great -grandparents have type II today), I have crohn and the hypothyroidism mother.

The girl left the UCI yesterday and today we are in the plant continuing with her recovery and initiating our education about the management of the disease.

I wish there was no forum and hopefully one day I am necessary, meanwhile I hope to be part of this community for the good of my daughter and thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge.

A hug to all.

Kallaikoi's profile photo
Kallaikoi
10/08/2018 5:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome and a lot of encouragement to you and your wife, it is a task, I will not deceive you but you can live with diabetes and live well.Here you will find many people in your situation.All the best!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/08/2018 4:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

With good information and diabetological education, you will be able to take enough control so that everything goes well.The treatments continue to improve and will come on time to make life easier.
Much encouragement and little by little ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/08/2018 4:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello everyone!I am Adam's mother, a 4 -year -old boy who has just debuted with type 1 diabetes. 3 weeks ago we live with diabetes and the truth is that although I try to do everything perfect, or it is in the clouds or is in hiccup ..I feel very confused and very lost and that I have read a lot on the subject to be well informed.For example, when it is high, we start playing basket or football and then I find that it is even higher than at the beginning.I am following all the advice of the endocrine pediatrician and the educator but I think this does not work.

I would like to know if those who are already veterans on the subject The same thing happened to you or not.And if so, I thank you for your advice

MamidAdam's profile photo
MamidAdam
10/08/2018 6:01 p.m.

@"Mamidadam" is complicated at the beginning and more in children.Learning is slow and there are things that are tested and error because each one is different and not all of us works for us.I am now in a moment of very good controls thanks to a low diet in hydrates and to know my diabetes very well and my body but I have had times of quite uncontrolled and it has taken me a long time to observe and try to get here so patience.
What you say about sport is normal, when you are high is because you don't have enough insulin to control glucose and play sports in these conditions makes glucose rise instead of going down.Nor is it a good idea to put fast and play sports because then the effect of insulin is much greater and you end up in hiccups.As a general rule, sports should not be done when you are above 180-200 and neither with fast active.When you are high what you have to do is correct quickly and wait.The endocrine will tell you how much fast amount depending on the insulin sensitivity of the child, this in each person is different and the children are usually very sensitive to insulin so you have to know well how much a unit lowers it.
If you can get you to finance a continuous meter or pay it if they don't give it to you in Social Security will help you a lot.Having the full graph helps you understand how your body reacts to the different meals, exercise, stress, ... With that and time you will take it better.Also if the system carries alarms or use the free with an alarm system you can be quieter because it warns you when it has a hyper or hyper and you can correct quickly.That will give you more peace of mind.
You have been normal for very little time to still have a lot of lack of control, you have to be patient.This is a background race, although now a worst time passes the important thing is that you can find a way that in a time the thing stabilizes and takes it well.In the forum there is a lot of information that surely helps you.Much encouragement and ask the doubts you need.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/08/2018 6:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Kallaikoi" Much encouragement.It is very complicated at the beginning and more being so small, but little by little you will get used to handling the disease and you will get a happy life and can do the same as the rest of the children.Today there are enough technological advances and new insulins that help a lot.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/08/2018 6:34 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Thank you very much for your yesssic tips, I plan to get an MGC because right now I need all possible tranquility.I did not know about the sport between 180-200, I thank you ... I hope to be able to handle this and get my child to lead a good life.

MamidAdam's profile photo
MamidAdam
10/08/2018 8:36 p.m.

Thank you all for welcome and advice.We continue at the hospital, yesterday morning they put a sensor that is measuring glucose every five minutes and draws the graph;Analyze the interstitial fluid so it is not as reliable as blood but good is a help and I really like that alarms can be put (although on some occasion it already scared us for no reason but almost better than alarm more and not less).

For the rest the girl today and yesterday was in a roller glucose mountain with several hypoglycemia threats ... I think they planned to discharge us tomorrow and me, although I would love to be at home and not here, it seems precipitated to me.We will see tomorrow.

Greetings

Kallaikoi's profile photo
Kallaikoi
10/11/2018 12:42 a.m.

Hello! I understand totally because of what they are happening and living, my son did not get to be hospitalized but the moment of the diagnosis is terrible, very painful and added to the fact that I know about diabetes, but going eating me, I found an excellent nutritionist and a diabetologistWonderful, added to this forum that are always present when you write.
Today a year and a half ago of my son's diagnosis, and does everything he likes, as his 6 -year -old friends, with plus in care and has Dexcom, and that gives us a lot of peace of mind.It is not a simple path, it has comings and turns, but you can and more for a child. It will be the encouragement and what we can ... we are !!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/11/2018 5:24 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

First of all as I always say a big hug and I am one of the people who sometimes speak very clearly but always carefully and with love.
Diabetes always accompanies us and I hope that if I no longer the next generation see some important advance and that I have always doubted it so that lying, for now I only believe in the research line of the encapsulated cells, it is notThe cure but if you forget about it, even if you have to change them every so often, this is one of sand for having a little encouragement, now those of lime.
We always have to try to get it well controlled to have continuous training that never ends because something new is learned every day.
I have diabetes over 33 years old without any complication to date, Tuesday I went to the background where it also touched the contrast proof, all great included the verification of the optical nerves, and 12 voltage that I do not know if it will be good orThey didn't tell me yes.
Yesterday he touched the endo and thyroid, kidney, glycus, cholesterol and others very well.
It is not easy to control diabetes to say something else but it can always be done by putting a lot of our effort and with the intention of continuing to fight.
Can we do everything?If one proposes it if it is much more complicated.
Especially for parents the most important thing is to be very patient, that is little, you will suffer more than us because you never really know how we feel and as a general norm some I include we are somewhat big heads and when they tell us I take something that you have glycemiaLower many times is enough not to do it.There may be times of rebellion where they do not want to put insulin, where they hide it and others but it must be seen that it is necessary.
And especially if you can economically carry a continuous glucose meter with alarms, there are several models and each person will prefer one or the other, but yes, always with alarms and be trustworthy.Perhaps this will also be a problem in adolescence in summer because they do not want them to be seen but they can all get under swimsuit and bikini in the back, it is true that it shows in the bikinis so everything is complicated more.
Insulin microinfusters?I am totally in favor of them because insulin needs are never the same throughout the day and what it does is supply (after having studied it well) the amount of insulin that is needed in the body, and it can be played by decreasing and increasingBasal, there are children of all ages that carry them but you have to be prepared to take it either the child or the potatoes, and be very very formed.
In relation to the theme of sport whenever he never left at 180/200 levels I disagree something, each one is a very different world and we are not all the same.I always try to go below 150, they are always hard training and training 5 or 6 days a week duplicating some days sometimes, when I reach 120 in MCG and I know that there is training time I start with carbohydrates depending on the sportand type of exercise I take one or the other.But it is also true that I once let it go up to 180 although this is complicated and I can go to 200 I do only when the training is intense level series and for quite some time and I do not speak of half an hour.Exit with high glucose has another problem that may be uploaded by adrenaline, we have to be prepared for everything and try to go ahead of glucose.

And well to continue forward and learn, learn and learn and form, training is a great trick that we have, sometimes a great forgotten and is more than important as much or more than insulin.

Necessary sport?because I would particularly say that it is essential for many issues that I already shut up because to be the first contactWhat a sermon I am releasing, but it is true that diabetes and sport is not easy.

Come a big hug and fight !!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/11/2018 8:18 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Many encouragement with your little one!Children's parents with great are you!My mother touched me with 13 years so you have more merit.

I have been with her for 22 years and until recently Diet low in HC and the improvement is spectacular.

If you are interested in informing you on Facebook, there are low hydrates diet groups and there are children who follow it, there are parents and share the feeding of their children.It is true that yours is very tiny with 10 months they are starting with solid food but if you want to see it maybe it helps you.

Many hugs and kisses that you are on the right track that is to inform you!

Isaserana's profile photo
Isaserana
10/12/2018 10:21 a.m.

Much encouragement to the new popes that unfortunately we are more and more with younger children ...

After 4 months living this new life with my little girl I have to say that I already see it in another way, I have lost the fear a bit (although I have not lowered my guard at any time) and we are normalizing our lives as much as we can, adjusting to usTo the food schedules that is what costs us the most varying for fear of greater lack of control, but planning it before we are quite well.

The continuous meter I see it essential in children, because more than the number what matters is the trend, and it also serves to see how the different types of HC are digested.

Many hugs and kisses for our little sweet warriors.

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
10/16/2018 2:04 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Good afternoon Kallaikoi.
I am Hortensia with my son 12 years with diabetes already 3 years ago, your story is my experience, it is a very large pain, and there is no setback, there is no magical cure and if many hopes.
After the debut we spent many confusion, ignorance of the disease, be sure that you will get guts to get ahead, she will be a warrior like all of this chat, you do not impatient this is a day by day ... days that the shields arePerfect and not so good days, my son uses insulin bomb and as he is already an almost teenager, he is becoming independent, in this case I think that as parents you have to teach them to take care of themselves and be responsible with what they know how to decide, I at the beginningHe bought everything zero sugar and substitute, change his mind and I am trying to make the coma according to his environment and according to his needs be responsible with what he eats.
Your girl is quite small and I think it's more difficult, because she doesn't express what she feels.
Do not be discouraged, we have many in your situation and this forum will help you a lot.

Welcome

Angel Andres 's profile photo
Angel Andres
10/23/2018 10:02 p.m.

I am dad of a child who debuted with 21 months, that has already happened more than 1 year, the diagnosis is devastating, you do not want to accept it, but it is so, we have to fight for our little ones, if youIt serves as comfort, our son is another child, he does everything that other children of his age do, yes, all knowing how each activity affects him and what he eats, it is something that will eventually introduce him to your day today and you will end up doing it routinely.My son has started the school, he is signed up for free sport a couple of days a week and eats his ice cream, hamburgers, pizzas, etc.Yes, he eats everything, obviously not all days and controlling everything but although now those things see it unimaginable, over time, knowing how things affect him, he can do everything and with good levels of sugar.My son in the last review had 6.4% Hemo.Glycosilada.How do you see, do everything and with good control.And sometimes it will have up and down, that is inevitable, there are times that are inexplicable and other times you will find the reason and you can solve it.A very strong hug and a lot of encouragement

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
10/30/2018 10:46 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.