{'en': 'Portugal will finance the free glucose monitoring freestyle system', 'es': 'Portugal financiará el sistema FreeStyle Libre de monitorización de glucosa'} Image

Portugal will finance the free glucose monitoring freestyle system

fer's profile photo   11/24/2017 10:30 a.m.

Infarmed has reached an agreement for the financing of the free freestyle medical device in Portugal, a glucose level monitoring system for diabetes patients.This agreement guarantees 85% financing for the group of patients with type1 diabetes, an autoimmune disease that forces an intensive insulin treatment.

The agreement established with the ABBOTT company will benefit about 15 thousand patients with type 1 diabetes during the first year.All children over four years will benefit from this device.The free freeyle medical device is a new monitoring system that automatically measures glucose levels and is indicated to replace the usual glucose measurements in the self -management of the disease.It is especially important for children and for patients who administer multiple doses of insulin daily and are subject to successive punctures in the finger throughout the day.

The system guarantees greater control of hypoglycemia (blood glucose drops) and can provide an image of the patient's blood glucose corresponding to the 24 -hour period.The free freestyle system sensor is applied on the back of the arm and lasts up to 14 days.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/24/2017 10:30 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I'm about to move to Portugal !!!, by when in Spain?!X (x (x (x (

fer's profile photo
fer
11/24/2017 10:30 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
am I about to move to Portugal !!!, for when in Spain?!X (x (x (x (

I'm about to move to Portugal!

Precisely today, I have been talking to the mother of a 10 -year -old diabetic child, and I sincerely have come a bit "angry"
Go ahead say that I am very glad that finally, in Spain you begin to finance the system, and I'm glad that children (many times so small) are the first beneficiaries.
But I also have to say that I have "outraged" enough.
This mother told me that she is going to give 24 sensors, financed, for the whole year logically, 2 per month.And as I told me, I wondered, couldn't they distribute the cake for everyone?That is, finance all diabetics, at least 1 sensor per month?Instead of giving them 2?
I understand that children are more unpredictable when controlling glucose, but women also have ours: that if the week of ovulation, that if the week that drops the rule ... and all in general, man or woman, we have problems that can prevent us from keeping glucose.
So far I can afford the sensors, but surely there are people who unfortunately have a bad control of their diabetes and I can not afford € 120 per month.I think that financing all diabetics with a sensor per month would be ideal.
I feel the click but needed to vent.

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
11/26/2017 7:31 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

I guess it will end up arriving at all. Portugal has already advanced us.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/26/2017 8:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I hope it will soon be done in all autonomous communities.In Euskadi, for example, it is financed by children under 18, hopefully the thing is gradually expanding both in the age range and in territory.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/27/2017 1:07 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

What happens is that if they finance the free and stop giving strips, we will be worse ..., without strips it is not reliable.
The Dexcom may do ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/27/2017 3:04 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It seems good to me to start by children, to see if they are soon expanding and finance everyone.And if they do not also give you, we will have to buy them and we will be similar.Although I throw with the free spending very few, I would get much better even if I had to buy them.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/27/2017 10:07 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

The Free strips are given at the health center @"Yesssica_A" and @"Regina"

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/27/2017 1:35 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@"Nigiri" here they no longer give those now.They give me another glucometer.They have recently changed it to all those who had another of Abbott that were the same strips.But I mean that if they finance the free, I don't think they give you strips and sensors and even if you use any strip you need when you doubt or the first day that is going wrong.Let's see how they do it but as I don't think they give both things.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/27/2017 3:16 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I just read that the Cantabrian Health System will begin to finance children and adults :)
Hopefully the communities will be extended soon

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
11/27/2017 3:45 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

In Andalusia the Board said it would be the first community, but Valencia, Castilla La Mancha and I see here that Basque Country and Cantabria ... Does anyone know how the issue is going in Andalusia?

rosanriv's profile photo
rosanriv
12/04/2017 10:07 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Rosanriv I am from Castilla La Mancha, and they have started financing them to children, up to 1 years, adults, not yet!
In Andalusia, maybe they have also started with children ..

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
12/06/2017 12:35 p.m.

Freestyle Libre

Does anyone know how much cost in Portugal pharmacies?

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/06/2017 8:24 p.m.

Nothing, it seems that it will cost 60 euros too: (

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/06/2017 8:25 p.m.

nigiri said:
The free strips of me give them at the health center @"Yesssica_a" and @"regina"

I did not know that they gave the strips! If I have seen that there is of that brand (when I ask for needles) but I are currently prescribed (Acu-Chek Aviva) that it cost me to prescribe me to make me 8 daily controls.How to give me so many if I do to ask

091975's profile photo
12/06/2017 10:04 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

amélie said:
Does anyone know how much it will cost in Portugal pharmacies?
@"Amélie" I don't understand the question.If public health will be financed by the percentage of financing but I understand that it will be free as are the reactive strips in Spanish public health and will give them the sensors in their hospitals or health centers.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/06/2017 10:31 p.m.

sigsauer said:
amélie said:
@"Amélie" I don't understand the question.If public health will be financed by the percentage of financing but I understand that it will be free as are the reactive strips in Spanish public health and will give them the sensors in their hospitals or health centers.

I asked why I thought I might acquire it cheaper there.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/06/2017 10:51 p.m.

sigsauer said:
amélie said:
A question.Do you give you free strips or do you pay a percentage?

091975's profile photo
12/06/2017 11:13 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

091975 said:
sigsauer said:
amélie said:
amélie said:

A question.Do you give you free strips or do you pay a percentage?

I use another brand, not the freestyle, and pay a percentage.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/06/2017 11:51 p.m.

@"091975" The strips are given to me when I have to visit the endocrin@, the nurse asses me how many glycemia I make up and calculate daily controls x months until the next visit and those boxes give me..sean freestyle orThose of the glucometer that have provided you in the hospital, ACCU check, Freestyle, Bayern or those who have 4 or 5 different brands.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/07/2017 3:24 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.