In children's birthdays I don't know how to drive me with the overflow of sugar and unhealthy food !!

Dani Se's profile photo   11/29/2017 6:51 p.m.

Hello, I tell you that my son is 5 years old and as recently of the diagnosis of diabetes I accompany him to the birthdays!But I can't find how to drive me.I do not like the idea that he freely eats what he wants, because I never agreed on the birthday binge, on some opportunities if the schedule coincides, he takes his snack before going and only asks for the cake, on other occasions before goingI tell you that you can choose what you like and eat that.But it is around all the time to do!And I feel the echo "you can eat everything, you have to handle it with insulin" although I think it is part, it depends on each body there are things that there is no way to control with insulin and sometimes it is preferable to leave them a little aside andBut if they are not healthy .... I hope your comments and help ... I am very distressed and I hope to find a balance.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
11/29/2017 6:51 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

On a birthday, calculate the rations and stay a little below with insulin.Then you run when you get home.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2017 6:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I would not let him eat everything, he doesn't need to swell to have a good time.That eats in a reasonable way depending on your illness and calculating the correct units.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/29/2017 11:20 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I try to convey that, and not now but since before the diagnosis, but it is difficult for me to find the midpoint.Tomi sometimes gets angry on birthdays and sometimes not, and that still makes me bad.What does that cost me.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
11/30/2017 12:29 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.