My daughter has diabetes

caro275's profile photo   11/30/2017 1:55 a.m.

Hello friends, I need help, my girl is 6 years old and always has been somewhat delicate and sentimental, a month ago we had a few exams and gave positive in diabetes, that depressed her very much and she does not want to eat or sleep (that split my heart) my partner and I have shown him Movies of personan who have lived with diabetes and lead a normal life, we have taken it to the psychologist andEverything but she is still somewhat depressed and that depresses me too what can I do?I don't want my beautiful girl to continue like this.:(

caro275's profile photo
caro275
11/30/2017 1:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Caro, I'm MSMA of a 5 -year -old boy with DT1.And when they confirmed the diagnosis we felt as parents that the world had come.And my son was very angry, he resisted that we measure his glucose, and not to mention insulin punctures.As we as popes we were getting up too.We all need time to elaborate the new life.I believe, from my experience, that it is very important to put in words what we are doing, that they know the reason, and that the treating team be a container.As Mama I started the psychologist and when I went educating in diabetes and feeling safer, in my case, it seems that I was also transmitting to him tranquility and continue with his life as a child.We always told him and we said that we want it very much, that this does not feel this happens because he did something wrong or that he is not afraid of losing the love of his potatoes.Having a space with a psychologist, I find it positive and I see it reflected in my son.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
11/30/2017 4:40 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

A depressed 6 year old girl?Children absorb what they see at home, as they tell you if you are positive and cheerful the child TB will be, my son has been diabetic for a long time and is 4 years old, he was never depressed, he is the happiest child in the world,But because we are, we never transmit that diabetes is bad or negative, we try in certain limits that do the same as their classmates.

You have to take a positive attitude because we see a problem will see a problem, they are our mirror.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/01/2017 10:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.