{'en': 'Brais Dacal Álvarez, professional cyclist with diabetes since the age of 7', 'es': 'Brais Dacal Álvarez, ciclista profesional con diabetes desde los 7 años'} Image

Brais Dacal Álvarez, professional cyclist with diabetes since the age of 7

fer's profile photo   10/10/2018 9:57 a.m.

With discipline, dedication and sufficient support you can achieve things that seem impossible.

"Do not give up," says Brais Dacal Álvarez, a professional cyclist diagnosed with diabetes at age seven.

Brais knows that it is not an easy path, but at the same time, it is evidence that obstacles can be overcome: “The most difficult thing has been to overcome all those ideas that said that it could not be a professional cyclist, that we should lead a simple lifeAnd boring because we had a disease. ”

Now it is part of the first world team of professional cyclists with diabetes.His mission, he says, is to empower others.

That is why he sends a message to those who suffer from diabetes.

"Do not give up, you have to persist and surround yourself with people who encourage you, in the end you can succeed," he says.

Remember that staying physically is decisive to have a better state of health.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/10/2018 9:57 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

TOTALLY AGREE.
I have been saying and writing on the enormous impact of the exercise on the control of diabetes.Today I received my second result from the monitoring laboratory.When I started I had glucose in almost 400. After my beginning in treatment I began to exercise consistently and maintain a healthy diet.I have achieved what nobody expected in my family given my hereditary card.Today's report, which anxiously expected confirms it.When I started the glyc was at 13.5, in my second laboratory, I was already in 6.6, and today it is in a magnificent 5.40! I eliminated the use of insulin and I am taking metformin, twice a day and even once beforeGo to bed.I have been dedicated to cycling of
Mountain and swimming.Exercise has been my immediate response to fighting the disease.Totally agree with this professional who is type I and I so far as I have been able to see
Type 2. Today I orient me more with my Dr. about the doubts present.
I'm glad to read this article that strengthens what I have been sharing.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
10/11/2018 2:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

An excellent model!
When I resumed the bike I needed to ingest HC every half hour of bike.My organism now got used to it and I need less HC to make road bike and at greater intensity/average speed.The important thing: information-information.As I carry sensor and bluon, I carry a smartwatch in the handlebar that sings me as I go every 5 minutes and act accordingly.There are no reasons to stay on the couch!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/14/2018 10:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.