Uncidivals not explained

luisnb34's profile photo   10/13/2018 10:05 a.m.

Greetings. I am the father of a diabetic child who has debuted a month ago.At first a mess but now it is worse.I comment to see if you help me.The fact is that we try to get to the meals in the range and get it but after eating sometimes we see that its glucose is over 80 with a descending tendency.That is why we give him a diabalance sugar cookie.With this and still with insulin effect suddenly everything changes and happens as yesterday to 350. I do not know what you can ... I appreciate any idea because we do not know what to do.In addition to top it does not start to lower it until the effect of the rapid disappears

luisnb34's profile photo
luisnb34
10/13/2018 10:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It seems that the insulin peak does it before the absorption of the food. And then it falls short of insulin.
You can try to put the insulin after eating .., so that a peak of food and nsulina match
If I remained high, I would need faster

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/13/2018 11:45 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Eat very slowly?
If you see that it tends to go down, better to give it juice.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/13/2018 11:47 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

No. This happens after eating.The food counteracts with the fast and when he went to bed was A80 with a descending tendency and that is why I gave him a miserable cookie without sugar.With her I spend in less than an hour at 360 ..... and going up.
We had to put 0.5 and this tomorrow ok.I think that if we put it faster at dinner we give us hypoglycemia because it already happened to us in a lunch.

luisnb34's profile photo
luisnb34
10/13/2018 11:57 a.m.

How slow uses?What time does the slow one get?
If you put it at night, it may be that the slow afternoon to start acting and there is an insulin sni hole ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/13/2018 12:41 p.m.

Lantus gets around 9 in the morning ...
But what I comment also happens to other hours exactly the same ...
When he eats and after a while he is about 80-85 descending and with effect still in the theory of rap
I don't see any sense ... like 5 gr d hydrates, more than 200 or 250 rise to him ...
Thanks for your interest ...

luisnb34's profile photo
luisnb34
10/13/2018 1:52 p.m.

hello @"luisnb34", if your child has dignified a month ago only, it is possible that his pancreas still secretes insulin at specific times and that is why those high ups and downs are produced, usually in a month or twoI should stabilize.A newly diagnosed friend also happened to him and passed from hypoglycemia to 300, several times a day.Also to people who have a slow digestion often happen that the fast begins to take effect before starting digestion and have a slight hypoglycemia as soon as they eat, in these cases it should be done quickly after eating as Regina says, although this ismore common in older people and not in children.You will have to assemble you of patience and wait a little for stabilizing, I would avoid giving it until then fast absorption hydrates such as pasta or rice and focus more on vegetables or legumes.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
10/13/2018 5:41 p.m.

Thank you so much

luisnb34's profile photo
luisnb34
10/13/2018 6:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.