{'en': 'Type 1 diabetes and work', 'es': 'Diabetes tipo 1 y trabajo'} Image

Type 1 diabetes and work

iVnMen's profile photo   10/17/2018 4:06 p.m.

Good, currently I work in an office and I have never had any problem.

Some time ago I did an interview to work in a warehouse since even if it is very different to work in an office I have a friend who works there and the conditions and the salary is much more interesting.

The issue is that in the end they have told me that they liked them a lot and that when I could start.

Now the issue is, that at no time have I told him that I have diabetes, and being a job in a ship like `` Mozo '' and that requires physical effort I do not know if I shut up until I sign the contract and once I am there that youEnter, or directly try to do everything possible so that anyone knows, I have also thought about being there working without saying anything until they see that they are worth and then say it, although your boss and your classmates find out for example 1 month and a halfAfter you have diabetes I see something strange ...

The contract would be first of 3 months and then they would extend it to me until it became fixed, so I am also afraid that after 3 months they do not renew me in case I find out that I have diabetes and think that better someone without '' diabetes '' for asimple '' just in case ''.Or say it now before signing the contract and they turn back, since I read for the forums someone that happened that, and the truth is interested.

I look forward to your advice, since I may be making a mountain of a grain of sand, although many times you see things that leave you in pictures since there is a lot of ignorance about it.

Greetings,

iVnMen's profile photo
iVnMen
10/17/2018 4:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!
The decision to say is yours, if you want you say it and if not.Actually in your work nobody has to know that you have diabetes, it is something of your intimacy and you decide whether you want to share it or not.Another thing is that you have asymptomatic hypoglycemia or bad control and have to comment on what could happen.

In my work there are closer partners who know it and others not, before I always said it but I have tired the truth, I will say it if it arises and if I feel like it and if not ... I find out after 3 years thatA companion of mine has x chronic disease either does it seem so strange ... each one tells what he wants, always being consistent.I advise you if you think you will harm you that you don't say it.

All the best!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
10/17/2018 10:10 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

maritxu22 said:
hello!
The decision to say is yours, if you want you say it and if not.Actually in your work nobody has to know that you have diabetes, it is something of your intimacy and you decide whether you want to share it or not.Another thing is that you have asymptomatic hypoglycemia or bad control and have to comment on what could happen.

In my work there are closer partners who know it and others not, before I always said it but I have tired the truth, I will say it if it arises and if I feel like it and if not ... I find out after 3 years thatA companion of mine has x chronic disease either does it seem so strange ... each one tells what he wants, always being consistent.I advise you if you think you will harm you that you don't say it.

All the best!

Thanks for answering ^^

In theory you would have 30min to eat and you go to a `` Rest `` in the company, so when eating complicated that they do not see me putting insulin unless it does not eat.Where I am now they leave us 1h to eat and you could go to the bar and if anyone wanted it, but being an office I didn't care because I knew they would not tell me anything.In your work do not find out why not, that is, because you are in eating time.or how do you do?

Well, maybe my question is how Cando you have a '' problem '' but after a while you realize that it was really a huge and problem silly had nothing, but hey, how I read for forums people who have reached himTo put fight at work, and many people or say it first because I have `` scared '', just like there are also people who say it and there are no problems.

Greetings and to see if there are more people with experiences or advice they can share.

iVnMen's profile photo
iVnMen
10/18/2018 1:50 a.m.

In my opinion it is not a problem of counting it or not, I believe that the problem is the control that you can or want to carry in your workday of diabetes and more considering how you say that it is a fairly physical work because ifThe work has a lotto be every 2 per 3 stopping at work to overcome;All this ignoring if you have a continuous glucose or freestyle meter with which to be able to control the glycemia.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/18/2018 8:43 a.m.

I have been in a company for many years and absolutely no one had learned.To eat I went to the bathroom I click me and nothing has happened here.Candy bag in your pocket and solved.
How they tell you will depend on the control you carry and what you know your body to react.
It is wrong that we hide it because, but between no one is interested in your life and that we are considered patients who cannot do anything because going with the truth ahead does not help much, sad but it is reality.
I have had to say for my complication of sight to perform a specific service and have relocated me without any problem and my sister who also has diabetes works in a cafeteria and told bosses and colleagues and without problem, but everythingIt will depend on the company, bosses and others.
Good luck, greetings

Jess's profile photo
Jess
10/18/2018 9:09 a.m.

They will make you a medical examination before entering, in it by law you have to say it, and they should not say it to the company although I do not think they do not.

If you do not say, be sure to bring a good level of blood glucose for the analytics if you see that you have it high or low do not go that day you say that you are wrong and point.Glycemia analysis You have insurance glylohemoglobin sure that they do not.

I spent 8 years spending all the medical recognitions of El Corte Inglés without saying it, they knew trusted colleagues just in case something happened, there was always one at least I knew, if you had diabetes you could not enter promotion and management, I wasn'tIn writing that on but it was known about several cases that chance of life had not passed the interview.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/18/2018 12:03 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

First of all, thank you all for the comments, the truth is that it helps a lot.

In the end I believe that when I enter the company I will see the atmosphere a bit and I will decide whether to say it, or always go to the bathHe says that it is to be fixed in the company I would be strange to disappear during what I last in the company to prick, although I have read it is not so much either.

Fear is what '' '' ''Although I don't know, I've always been fixed on the same job and I don't really know how the patio is.

One thing, in medical tests if I say that I have diabetes and see that for some casual I have at that time 190 or 200 of sugar would something happen?Or would they give me the same the same?

iVnMen's profile photo
iVnMen
10/18/2018 4:21 p.m.

In my job health, I know it and I told my compis at the beginning but I think they have forgotten because I do not talk about it (except with those who are my friends), and many have changed, it does not seem to be remembered when I came when I came whenSomeone new, when it's my something, I don't have to emphasize it, and if I have to prick it when I go to the bathroom, but I take my food to keep stable, if I see that it goes down as something that is always something sweet there.I understand that it depends on the job, I think it is easier when it is easy to eat something or go to the bathroom.The physical effort even much can adapt it with insulin and intakes.For example, when I go to the mountain under the slow one.I think that with the insus now that they do not have peaks is much easier, with the lantus it was horrible and I had hypoglycemia almost always in the work, and without dexcom, when I noticed it I took a juice ... now with McG and insulinasSo flat I think you can adapt easier to any work and choose whether to count it or not.

You can also normalize it and click without saying anything, and if they ask you, you say it how one more thing, the less importance you give you less will give others.

Yes, I think that unfortunately there are people who have no idea and can reject you for having X (call it diabetes or other disease or characteristic color of skin, women, etc), discrimination for a thousand reasons is the order of the day unfortunately unfortunately.

Greetings

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
10/19/2018 1:39 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

ivnmen said:
first of all thanks to all for the comments, the truth is that it helps a lot.

In the end I believe that when I enter the company I will see the atmosphere a bit and I will decide whether to say it, or always go to the bathHe says that it is to be fixed in the company I would be strange to disappear during what I last in the company to prick, although I have read it is not so much either.

Fear is what '' '' ''Although I don't know, I've always been fixed on the same job and I don't really know how the patio is.

One thing, in medical tests if I say that I have diabetes and see that for some casual I have at that time 190 or 200 of sugar would something happen?Or would they give me the same the same?

It is difficult to find out that they think lis bosses but nothing is impossible.The solution for the analytics tell you if you have it badly not do it that day.Try to control very well that night and now that we have FIASP will be much simpler.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/20/2018 5:24 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

It is not relevant information for the realization of your work, so you do not make it important to them.They will not hesitate to wash their hands, the labor market is very wide, as well as its components.A advice.
;)

Javier Mesa's profile photo
Javier Mesa
10/21/2018 12:48 p.m.

ivnmen said:
good, currently I work in an office and I have never had any problem.

Some time ago I did an interview to work in a warehouse since even if it is very different to work in an office I have a friend who works there and the conditions and the salary is much more interesting.

The issue is that in the end they have told me that they liked them a lot and that when I could start.

Now the issue is, that at no time have I told him that I have diabetes, and being a job in a ship like `` Mozo '' and that requires physical effort I do not know if I shut up until I sign the contract and once I am there that youEnter, or directly try to do everything possible so that anyone knows, I have also thought about being there working without saying anything until they see that they are worth and then say it, although your boss and your classmates find out for example 1 month and a halfAfter you have diabetes I see something strange ...

The contract would be first of 3 months and then they would extend it to me until it became fixed, so I am also afraid that after 3 months they do not renew me in case I find out that I have diabetes and think that better someone without '' diabetes '' for asimple '' just in case ''.Or say it now before signing the contract and they turn back, since I read for the forums someone that happened that, and the truth is interested.

I look forward to your advice, since I may be making a mountain of a grain of sand, although many times you see things that leave you in pictures since there is a lot of ignorance about it.

Good, how are you?
I would not hide it, above all for yourself, I do not know how your hypoglycemia episodes are but if you say it before they will attend you and avoid a good scare. No one will throw you out of work for being diabetic and to which it occurslegal. They will value your daily work, your implication, your punctuality, motivation etc. which is not incompatible with diabetes.
When you say that you decide, but if they give you many hypoglycemia without loss of knowledge but imperceptible to you and others will seem dumb or clueless simply because it is under the effects of hypoglycemia.

In my work I said it once overcome the trial period and when I get late they already know that he has given me a bass. They have given me several mornings and working too.

begoirina7515's profile photo
begoirina7515
10/28/2018 6:42 p.m.

Hello,

I commented at the time of being in the company, about 6/7 months not so much for the fear of "losing work" but for intimacy and confidence with my colleagues.After that they renewed me several times and without any problem.In fact, when they give me "hypoglycemia" or "hyperglycemia" I can get a little later to work (work in an office) and I have the total confidence of my classmates and my responsible.Anyway, remember that they will do medical exams.Much encouragement!Diabetes is part of your life and you should not be afraid to say it.

lprogel's profile photo
lprogel
10/28/2018 6:51 p.m.

Hello!I also work with some physical effort, in addition to biological risk (so I have to carry all protection and gloves apparatus, etc ...).In my case I carry the "free" meter to see the trend before putting the whole team.When I did not carry it, until I had a little "hand" in how the body reacts I kept a high tad during the day (about 150-200) ... but come on, that in little you see how you are going and you can adjustWell again.
On the other hand, I always carry the glucose gels (there are in the Mercadona itself).For me they are the easiest and most discreet to take in case of a hip, and they solve it at the moment.
Ah ... and a few years ago I said that it was diabetic, but since I have seen morros wrinkle a couple of times and suspicious rejections in interviews, I no longer say it.Then, when they find out (I don't hide it either), I've been working for days and they know that it is no inconvenience.

Wave's profile photo
Wave
11/15/2018 1:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.