Transfer for 1 or 2 years to the US (with type 1 diabetes)

Andrea88's profile photo   10/17/2018 8:13 p.m.

Hello everyone!:)

I have type 1 diabetes and I am quite worried thinking how to manage the issue of insulin in other countries in long stays.You may be going to make a reader in the US (duration of 1 to 2 years), but I don't know how the issue of insulin, needles, etc. works there.Would any kind of private insurance necessary?I say it because generals do not usually contemplate those things.Does anyone know how the topic in the US works?I am totally lost, and when I ask in health centers and endocrine do not know how to answer me (or refer to any other side, actually).

All the best!

Andrea88's profile photo
Andrea88
10/17/2018 8:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would not say anything except that I did not have well controlled glycemia.
It may also be that you mention it and nothing happens because of the great general ignorance that people have regarding diabetes.
It depends on your control of the disease and the physical exercise of this job

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/18/2018 12:15 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I would not say anything except I did not have well -controlled blood glucose.
It may also be that you mention it and nothing happens because of the great general ignorance that people have regarding diabetes.
It depends on your disease control and the physical exercise of this job

Thanks for answering!I was not referring to the fact of informing in the job of my illness, but to the question of how to get insulin in a country like the US, which has no social security, and where it would remain quite a while, so that I could not be travelingEvery two for three to Spain for insulin or strips and needles.If it is necessary to become private insurance, how health works in the foreigner (and diabetic), etc.I know that, for example, in the United Kingdom, you make the card from there according to the center that corresponds to you and give you the material and recipes like here (at least as long as it is still part of the European Union), but in the USLet it be like that.

Andrea88's profile photo
Andrea88
10/18/2018 12:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.