{'en': 'Be a diabetic mother/mother', 'es': 'Ser padre/madre diabética'} Image

Be a diabetic mother/mother

Jota's profile photo   10/18/2018 3:34 p.m.

I open this thread to share experiences and know yours about the problems that may arise, above all, in the first years of having a child to control diabetes.

I am going to be a father shortly and I am worried about the schedules and the possible hypoglycemia for disasters and things like that.

Anyway, I will tell you.Of course, any advice will be welcome.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
10/18/2018 3:34 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

Do you worry about the schedules and possible hypoglycemia of yours or your child?If they are from your child, how do you know what will be diabetic?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/18/2018 7:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@"Nigiri" I think @Jota refers to yours, being in the care of children ...

@Jota, if I tell you in my experience, it is more than overwhelms me with diabetes, but that's it, I think it's less complicated than making them understand when they grow a little, which sometimes you need sugar through a tube ... and othersNo!

: D: D: D: D: D

fer's profile photo
fer
10/19/2018 4:39 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi @Jota!
Congratulations on your fatherhood !!! It is an experience !!
Well, it has been a mother 1 month ago and I have to say that it has been quite complicated to follow a routine.Breakfast at 11 in the morning, meals at 17 .... but that is only al.Until 15 you are eating more the gases more sleep it because you eat when you can.
Nor could I get the. Insulina with 20 min in advance, since many times we prepare the food and once at the Zas table!To cry, everything is delayed half an hour more.In my case many times while one eats the other, he takes it in arms and vice versa ... also in my case I have started eating more products processed due to the speed of preparation, many days I know that we have the same 15 or 20 min for dinner and we throwfor the fast.
But I already tell you that they will be the first months, I imagine that Cuamdo the girl begins to have a routine I will have another adjusted to yours and it will be something else (that will have to count on someone with older children).
The theme of hypoglycemia has not yet a problem, it is true that I am taking many juices because after childbirth I have not yet managed to regulate the new basal patterns, which without food routine is also becoming more complicated ...
I recognize that if it were not for the free+miao I would not have been easy, I think it is essential, in the end, when you see your glucose. In the 24h al clock. Dia it is difficult that you do not detect a decrease or increase of glucose in a wayearly ..
You will tell us.A hug!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
10/21/2018 5:27 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

The 22 was born my son and I am taking it, from the point of view of diabetes, quite well.I was concerned not to be able to follow the schedules, and although it has been so, I have adapted, and with the help of my partner, I have been able to maintain good levels and continue eating healthy.The nights are interrupted, of course, but I also take the opportunity to measure myself and get well in the morning.

Maybe the only thing is that I can't do all the exercise I want.But I will get it :)

Thanks for the comments.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
10/31/2018 5:38 p.m.

Congratulations on your future fatherhood!

What you should do and I tell you from experience is to always have glycose by hand because at the beginning between fatigue, not sleeping (I hope that does not happen to you) and stress sugar gets out of control because your life becomes a chaos thatYes wonderful.

If you do not have a continuous glucose meter, try to get one because you are going to need it and you will be safer.When they start walking and you will see what madness!Ha ha ha

Isaserana's profile photo
Isaserana
11/02/2018 10:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks for the answers.

Now I consider if my son can have diabetes too.It's not a matter of obsessing, I know.How to know in babies if they have it?

Jota's profile photo
Jota
11/16/2018 11:30 p.m.

Well, I asked myself and I don't know ... weight loss is what would sing the most?As we weigh every week as soon as I lost, the pediatrician.I also suppose that I would cry for thirst and hunger all the time or sleep in excess .... better not to think about it, if it happens we are going to realize.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
11/18/2018 7:38 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Almost a month and a half of father.I have noticed a change in my glycemia.I don't know if it will be a certain stress or anything else but my glycemia are being quite bad.I carry, as you can imagine, a routine life in terms of schedules but the same amount of insulin that did well now use.I have been in 200 weeks for more than two weeks, and when I do it, it is for hypoglycemia.I am restructuring all my meals right now and I still don't see good results.It is desperate.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
12/08/2018 7:53 a.m.

You will have to climb slowly, at least.Adapt insulin to glycemia.It may have diminished exercise or need more insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/08/2018 10:30 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

10 months and peak as a father.

I have managed to control more or less glycems.I have uploaded insulin levels to quantities that I had never put and routine, routine and routine before.However, stress, the problems derived from paternity and relatives have made me get out of control.It is a matter of mental strength.

Also that fatigue for sleeping little makes it more difficult to be strict in meals.Now, as I have to adapt to the child's schedules, I do less controls, which I do not know if it will eventually be harmful.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
09/18/2019 6:38 p.m.

Consult it with the endocrine, not sleep and stress affect more factors than a priori seems

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/18/2019 9:28 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Jota I don't know if you use a sensor.I carry the Free with Miao and motherhood is not going on so much.My girl is going to turn 1 year now and I am the same, without sleep, working, without being able to fulfill my schedules .... But my hemoglobin has remained at 6 (it has risen with respect to pregnancy, of course).I think in our case any help of that style is basic .... Good luck and encourage!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
09/19/2019 10:47 a.m.

Hi Jota, I am the mother of an already 4 -year -old girl and I have not had any problem and at that time I had no continuous glucose meter.It is true that when the girl was born my life changed completely but it is simply knowing how to listen to your body.The issue of schedules I recognize that I have never followed very stable schedules but that has not affected me in my diabetes (respecting the times of insulin and putting the slow when they correspond to that).It is simply to be a bit attentive of the descents and control a little more at the beginning in case the insulin must be adjusted.

Regarding the baby, if I am not mistaken, they have told me that they are not usually born with diabetes, which are discussed later around 3 years.Being diabetic you are sure to realize the symptoms.However, I do not know whether to cheer up or because it is so, it always tells me that the probability that the girl inherited diabetes is very low.

So I recommend that you enjoy your baby and do not obsess.If at the beginning the descent scares you, keep a little for a while that will not harm you and you will be quieter.

Greetings and congratulations

Vir's profile photo
Vir
09/22/2019 10:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.