{'en': 'How does diabetes affect our patience?', 'es': '¿Como afecta la diabetes a nuestra paciencia?'} Image

How does diabetes affect our patience?

fer's profile photo   12/09/2017 6:05 p.m.

Historically, the virtue of patience has been popularly represented in the figure of Job, a biblical saint specially equipped with this convenient faculty.

Apparently, the Job - according to the Bible - underwent a series of tasks by an angel of God leaving all of them, thus demonstrating his faithfulness to the Creator.Fidelity ... and endures, which has deserved to become a paradigm of patience and becoming part of the popular sayings: "You have more patience than the Holy Job."

Patience is undoubtedly a great virtue that we all wanted for us.I personally recognize that in the distribution of this gift to me it must have to catch me in the service.Or distracted, as usual in me.The fact is that it is a great quality necessary to deal with all the adversities that arise in this life.And adversities can be of all kinds.In diabetes too.

God submitted Job to all kinds of evidence to measure his faithfulness.Diabetes also submits us to tests every day to measure our patience.

patience in the X files

It may not be necessary to have as much patience as Job, but at least try to imitate him as much as possible.Without a doubt, with the diabetes debut, a significant increase in the level of patience should come.Because it is highly necessary.

Since I have it 31 years ago (diabetes, not patience; I have never had it) I am clear that Job's famous patience is overrated.I would like to see him with diabetes.

I am convinced that he would lose his fame in less than a year.Because this disease tests one of the greatest human virtues, it is generally scarce and even more in these times that run, accelerated and uncompromising.

And it is that there is no patience that is worth when after applying all your preparation and your knowledge, you discover that they do not serve you at all before many of the burns that diabetes poses to each moment.Or more than ardes, perhaps better call them files x, in a clear euphemism to avoid calling them by their authentic name, quite badly.

Every day you have the same breakfast, your morning routine is the same, you feel at your work and do exactly the same.Well, one day, your figures are horrible.

For some desperate reason, the post of that breakfast (equal to that of the previous days) is frightening.Another day you have an important meeting and precisely there you would not mind being a little higher to spend the quiet meeting without additional worries.Well no.

That day you will be low throughout the morning and you will also have to leave in the middle of the meeting to go to the soft drink machine for a Coca Cola.Idem idem for example, a movie day.Or simply, that day you want it to be perfect and nothing clouds you.

But there she is to remind you that it exists.And test your patience once again.One more day.And then another.And another ... and your knowledge of nothing serves to avoid all these situations in which you can only pull a faculty: patience.

over the years only wines are improved

Although I had very hopeful in it, over the years neither my patience nor my temperance have increased in the least.Forget it.

Over the years only the big wines improve.I must even recognize - although I know that this is not exemplary - that my patience looks broken as the first day every time she torpedo something.That is, it is very difficult for me to maintain temperance to the continuous teasing of my diabetes.

And it is that one of the most frequent situations and that most alter my mental control Jedi is that of the absence of patterns already commented on lines.That ten days do the same and that the ten are different is something thatHe would surely get Job himself out of what would resurrect tomorrow.

When a good day after your perfect HC calculations (which you already have under control and learned to be left over) you see that post-prondial blood glucose is frightening, you can only do one thing: breathe deeply, count to ten (I recommend better or even a thousand) and try to fix the mess based on applying the knowledge acquired.And in those moments your character is avinograd and notes that the blood begins to boil, in a similar way to when Dr. Bruce Banner begins to become Hulk.

And you go because you simply, you have done everything you should do.You haven't failed anything, but things don't go well.Moreover, they leave fatal.

And this is probably one of the most frustrating things (if not the one that most) of this disease.Because we only control ... I correct: we monitor ... one of the many variables that influence this pantagao;glucoseBut we don't know how our glycogen body, cortisol, adrenaline ...

We do not know how the action of that previously administered insulin and its pharmacokinetics is being ... We do not know if the stomach is with a slower digestion than usual ... neither if the fats are excessively slowing down the absorption of nutrients by the body ...

In short, a multitude of unknown data that influence every moment that blood glucose is one or the other.And we, who only guide ourselves for the figure that marks a speech, we trust in noise that our 1+1 will always add 2 because they taught us in the school, without knowing that in that formulation there are many unknowns that we do not know between.

In many American comedies we have seen the protagonist how he hides at a given time when he wants to release his anger contained in a frustrating situation and that he could not solve.

This in diabetes is usual and each one reacts in a different way, but the most common goes through anger and frustration.I, that I am a Jedi, I recognize that I have moments on the dark side in these situations.

And I have tried to reflect in a Audovisual way the feeling that comes to us when you face one of the situations that generate the most angry: to be high despite having done things well.This would be the usual feeling in these situations ...

Does the same thing happen to you in these situations?Has your patience improved with the years of diabetes?

Have you learned to relativize?Have you needed yoga or any other technique to learn to dominate the frustration of these situations?

Have you ever done something you don't feel proud of at any time of this type of anger?

Tell me in a comment if you live these moments just like me.And share the entrance if it has been entertaining.

Source: www.jediazucarado.com/diabetes-y-paciencia/

fer's profile photo
fer
12/09/2017 6:05 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

A lot of reason in what he says.Although I recognize that I have not had the patience of leer me whole.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/09/2017 9:07 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Before I had a lot of patience, now nothing.Will it be age or will this disease be ???: -S

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/12/2017 6:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is not a matter of patience .... for me it has evolved to "acceptance";It doesn't matter, do whatever I am I will not stop being diabetic .... to regret more or have patience in what.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/13/2017 12:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I will never know if patience has vanished for being diabetic.So much calculation, so much frustration I could have gotten lost, I will never know.Before it was very very patient, not now.It has not been from one day to another, but it is so, now I am not a patient in almost anything when I am I am controlling a lot.
I know that nothing will be diabetic, I have it very very assumed., But our way of being is changing over the years to a non -diabetic and a diabetic.

Anaisabel
12/13/2017 1:33 p.m.

Patience?If we run out we would have an impressive lack of control !!!!Impossible for a person with diabetes not to have hahaha.
They say that patience is the science of knowledge, I say that patience is the science of diabetic !!!!!
It is also true that I usually jump soon, but that is me.I have had the pleasure of meeting other people and a lot with diabetes that have much more patience than me in similar situations, but it is also true that depending on the situation, each one has a patience.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/13/2017 8:06 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Patience comes with age.We stop being less impulsive.Diabetics and non -diabetic.
But to live with diabetes, the situation must be "accept" but it is unvoyable.Patience will come over the years.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/13/2017 11:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, for me it is the opposite, as the years go by, it is less patient.

Anaisabel
12/14/2017 3:43 p.m.

They say that with age it becomes a more cascarrabias, but each one should affect differently because they must influence many factors.What Ruthbia personally happens to me, I am more patient over the years, but I know people who happen the opposite.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
12/14/2017 4:54 p.m.

I do not have any patience tmpoco any and if it is hipp I hit me alone tmb ando 30 years already withy and every day one thing and x very good k do it always this bad and live podworse k I body me

paquimacias's profile photo
paquimacias
01/25/2020 7:25 a.m.

Patience?I need tons ... to understand how my body reacts I have already withdrawn, but I am rarely in rank (only with the pill is not enough, my glycosilada rises and rises).I have half assumed that (3 and 4 I have consultation, to see ...).My problem comes that when I am high (more than 150) I have hardly any patience with people ... much less with the kids, especially because above 180-200 my head usually hurts ... and there and yes and yesI don't know how to do, I don't want to have to depend in addition to painkillers ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
01/25/2020 12:34 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

@CGS, they will have to change the treatment.If you have those headaches with high values, they have to regulate you better.
Patience relaxes with a good treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/25/2020 3:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@cgs, they will have to change the treatment.If you have those headaches with high values, they have to regulate you better.
Patience relaxes with a good treatment.

Let's see what they tell me at the beginning of February ... if not, to remove whatever ...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
01/25/2020 8:38 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Good morning everyone
I have not entered this forum for a long time, but casually today I met an article, it is said? Fer and sincerely I liked it a lot.A one personal experience, day to day and after many years of diabetes, with such a precise as rigorous reflection, as attractive as scientific.
Now I am going to leave you here my thoughts.I also have a good season with this.I have come to the conclusion, reaffirming in everything said by Fer, that perhaps what does most damage to all of us who feel motivated by the care of this disease, is the continuous and even obsessive concern, maintained in time, for humanly unattainable figures and objectives, under a medical approach, for the simple reason that here, more than any other place: two plus two are not always four.Fer has expressed it in an impeccable and inimitable way.
I must definitely go through this forum.Articles like this deserve to be read, designed and even commented.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
01/26/2020 10:59 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Hi Fer, I have laughed a lot with your article.I tell you that yes, it has happened to me and I am going to tell you in my experience that those lack of controls have been due to spontaneous and authentic that they are and maybe some of my findings can serve you.

It is not the same a bread from one place to one bread of another the size is very similar.The components are different and some definitely have more sugar and carbohydrates than others.I discarded a very rich, soft, soft and etc. rich bread from my list because every time I ate that bread my sugar rose.I tried reducing the amount of bread until it almost turned like even a slice gave, bone, the thin or little that served me and still, I was still altered, and I said ... no, this is already an amount that seems like aPegote, there is no right.Then I said: First, my stability, my quiet, my peace and my health.Chao Pan Care Subidor!

On another occasion, I noticed that when the insulins took a lot when I went out to eat on the outside, so it took them with ice, the insulin was damaging, it was reducing its ability to regulate my sugar levels.I could check it because when I changed insulin to a new one it regularly regulated.

Again, the EPS here gave us insulin pencils in the medication formula, and in the face of those pens were failing because when the glycemiah began to rise.Months later those pens changed in the EPS and gave us others.

Another factor may be an insulin change.I applied several years Lantus and it went very well with her, but almost two years ago I started having high and low, high and low glycemiah and despite the fact that hemoglobin gave me within the normal limits for diabetics, the endocrine doctor meHe said: At the expense that, with these high glycemia that you are having a hemoglobin so good?I mean, in hemoglobin, sugar climbs are being compensated with descent and that is not ideal.Ideally, be homogeneous, is that it is always regulated (ideal).The fact is that changing insulin was homogenized by the results of glycemia, they became more couples, I notice that when I get rid of it is for something that I did not calculate the carbohydrates well, as I told you, sometimes a different sauce, a little moreof sugar that he makes to that cookie or that bread that knows salty, there are the mg more glycemia.

And finally and maybe it may be happening: emotions greatly influence blood sugar levels.The stress uploads the sugar and I personally began to notice that when I had emotion events, that is, events that gave me some nerves but at the same time I liked, I felt that sugar was lowered, by axis.meet the boy I liked.

So conclusion that I took out: do the best you can, relax, take care of yourself and since it is what it has to be

DianaLo's profile photo
DianaLo
01/27/2020 4:34 p.m.

@Dianalo What basal insulin do you use now?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/27/2020 4:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.