Toujeo insulin and belly pain

AvEMaiSTeR's profile photo   12/15/2017 1:34 a.m.

Hello good,

I have been with stomach pain and SINCOMER or inject Insulina Novorapid with sugar levels 110 at 2:00 p.m., 140 at 6:00 p.m. and 155 at 22:00 and right now I have it at 210 and it is time to put the insulinToujeo, every day I put 25 units, but in the emergency room I have been told the doctor that as today I have not eaten anything and paints that tomorrow either (or very little) that my usual dose lowered me in half what they would come being 12.How do you see it, I put 12 or something else?I would not like to have tomorrow the sugar at 300 all day plus the body discomfort ☹️

AvEMaiSTeR's profile photo
AvEMaiSTeR
12/15/2017 1:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think that if you were well today, without eating and without fast, you can be the same tomorrow ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/15/2017 2:33 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

When I have had gastroenteritis the toujeo I have not touched her.I have removed the fast and if I see that I rise from 160 I correct with a fast unit.Anyway if you have glucose pills and see that you get off a little you can eat them.In my case although vomiting the pills they take effect before getting to vomit them.
Of course, try to drink some pharmacy serum to small sips so as not to dehydrate you.To me the first day often cost me until I drink but when I calm down my stomach I can drink serum and how it carries some glucose even I have to correct quickly.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
12/15/2017 7:58 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I think you must keep the toujeo and put on the 25 units ... I have not lowered the slow either before episodes like that, simply you are controlling the levels a bit and that's it ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/15/2017 8:24 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

The truth is that it was quite well already two days later I have recovered my 25 and with maximum levels of 150 these days behind.

AvEMaiSTeR's profile photo
AvEMaiSTeR
12/17/2017 2:44 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.