{'en': 'Buy me insulin pump or continuous glucose meter?', 'es': 'Comprarme bomba de insulina o medidor de glucosa continuo??'} Image

Buy me insulin pump or continuous glucose meter?

mario5s's profile photo   11/01/2017 3:50 p.m.

Good, as many with diabetes I have asked the insulin bomb to my endocrine and tell me that they give few and that I do not give the profile since I carry good control ...

A good control, desperate, since I do an intense exercise an hour of exercise about 3 or 4 times a week, in which diverse, day of sports, day after sport, and two days later, I will run in the morning and thisIt makes me variations up to two days later, within these days I can work or not (always) in the afternoon, on paper sounds very well explained then fails and a holiday like today if I do sports in the morning, in the afternoon I can haveA slightly strong downturn and then a stronger climb if I have done little activity ...

I carry it well, I think the sport is one of my best antidepressants although then my control is more complicated, and I can't stop doing it.

I had thought that perhaps the insulin bomb helps me, even if I don't know if I buy it at the public hospital, they would give me the training or I would have to go to a private endocrine, with all the expense that entails?

The other option in a continuous glucose meter (I discard the freestyle for comments read in this same forum) although I think it may not help me much in my case ...

The ideal would both be but my economy does not give so much .. how do you see it?

Thanks greetings!

mario5s's profile photo
mario5s
11/01/2017 3:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

mario5s said:
good, because as many with diabetes I have asked for insulin bomb to my endocrine and tells me that they give few and that I do not give the profile since I have a good control ...
A good control, desperate, since I do an intense exercise an hour of exercise about 3 or 4 times a week, in which you, sports day, day after sport, and two days later, I will run in the morning and thisIt makes me variations up to two days later, within these days I can work or not (always) in the afternoon, on paper sounds very well explained then fails and a holiday like today if I do sports in the morning, in the afternoon I can haveA slightly strong low and then a stronger climb if I have done little activity in the afternoon ...
I carry it well, I think the sport is of my best antidepressants although then my control is more complicated, and I can't stop doing so
I had thought that perhaps the insulin bomb helps me, even if I don't know if I buy it at the public hospital, they would give me the formation or would have to go to a private endocrine, with all the expense that entails?
The other occion in a continuous glucose meter (I discard the freestyle for comments read in the same forum) although I think it may not help me much in my case ...
The ideal would be ambós but my economy does not give so much .. how do you see it?
Thank you greetings

Why do you discard freestyle?

He is a great meter;In my case, nail the measures with respect to the capillary, there are rarely more than 5-6 mg/dl of difference in my case ...

It would help you a lot, of course ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
11/01/2017 4:12 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I have read comments that they give more error, or that when measuring it on the skin the result if it is a fast descent it takes more than in the blood ,,, although good that are specific cases and if I use it next to the normal junction there would be no problem andA more affordable price ... I hadn't thought about it very much!

mario5s's profile photo
mario5s
11/01/2017 4:35 p.m.

I am very happy with the freestyle.And the good thing is that the initial investment is only € 60 of the meter (if you have a mobile with NFC you save it because the mobile is served with the app) + another € 60 of the first sensor.You can try it and if you don't go well, don't buy any more sensors.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/01/2017 4:47 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

mario5s said:
good, because as many with diabetes I have asked for insulin bomb to my endocrine and tells me that they give few and that I do not give the profile since I have a good control ...
A good control, desperate, since I do an intense exercise an hour of exercise about 3 or 4 times a week, in which you, sports day, day after sport, and two days later, I will run in the morning and thisIt makes me variations up to two days later, within these days I can work or not (always) in the afternoon, on paper sounds very well explained then fails and a holiday like today if I do sports in the morning, in the afternoon I can haveA slightly strong low and then a stronger climb if I have done little activity in the afternoon ...
I carry it well, I think the sport is of my best antidepressants although then my control is more complicated, and I can't stop doing so
I had thought that perhaps the insulin bomb helps me, even if I don't know if I buy it at the public hospital, they would give me the formation or would have to go to a private endocrine, with all the expense that entails?
The other occion in a continuous glucose meter (I discard the freestyle for comments read in the same forum) although I think it may not help me much in my case ...
The ideal would be ambós but my economy does not give so much .. how do you see it?
Thank you greetings

With mcg closed eyes with alarms.
The insulin bomb helps you is true but the MCG with alarms much earlier especially if you do sports.
The alarms are essential, because even if we notice or not the hypos it is better not to have them and if you do sports, you may have any low, you will have.
Regarding the continuous meters I clearly opt for one and it is Dexcom, I do not say that the one of the 640 works badly but it is not that an MCG does not give you the values ​​if it is time to calibrate H at that time you cannot, the alarmsHere are no longer.On the other hand to calibrate the one of the 640 you must be in specific values ​​but it will have to wait to be in them these two points for me are vital for both the people who lead a busy life and for those who do not.

On the other hand, the insulin pump is not only to buy it, the fungible material must be purchased every month and the guarantee is for a while if you buy it, think it is an electronic product.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/01/2017 4:48 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Yesssica_a said:
I am very happy with the freestyle.And the good thing is that the initial investment is only € 60 of the meter (if you have a mobile with NFC you save it because the mobile is served with the app) + another € 60 of the first sensor.You can try it and if you don't go well, don't buy any more sensors.
All mobile phones do not work with the application, in fact, for the entire variety of mobiles in the market, they work with very few ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/01/2017 9:13 p.m.

sigsauer said:
Yesssica_a said:
All mobile phones do not work with the application, in fact, for the entire variety of mobiles in the market, they work with very few ...

I tried it with one that had NFC months ago and it worked well, I didn't know that I didn't work with everyone.The one I have now does not have NFC so I use the meter and I have not tried more with mobiles.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/02/2017 9:14 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

For example I only use it with Freestyle reader, I don't use any app

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/02/2017 3:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Hello, I think if you do sports "you need" the bomb, I do not know if Jconegar uses a bomb, but it gives you tremendous autonomy ... it has different basal profiles according to your activity and you do not have to plan it in advance.You can go to run, then programs a temporary basal dose and run, if instead you have put in the morning slowly taking into account your normal daily rhythm, it is most likely that you have a descent, and then a climb ifYou have passed when correcting that descent ... The MCG is great but its function can be supplied by many punctures even if it is a roll ... I do not know if someone else will think like me.All the best

mprado's profile photo
mprado
11/02/2017 4:50 p.m.

mprado said:
hello, I think if you do sports "you need" the bomb, I do not know if jconegar uses bomb, but it gives you a tremendous autonomy ... it has different basal profiles according to youractivity and you don't have to plan it in advance.You can go to run, then programs a temporary basal dose and run, if instead you have put in the morning slowly taking into account your normal daily rhythm, it is most likely that you have a descent, and then a climb ifYou have passed when correcting that descent ... The MCG is great but its function can be supplied by many punctures even if it is a roll ... I do not know if someone else will think like me.GREETING

If I have a bomb, I do some sport and I am very clear that MCG first with alarms and then bomb.The bomb gives you a lot of life is true and if you look at my writings I am a firm defender of it, but always first an MCG with alarms.
I do not completely agree with what you comment on basal reductions, when you decide to run if you have to have planned it for an hour or an hour and a half if you carry a bomb and want to reduce basal, because it makes no sense to reduce theBasal just before running because the basal insulin you carry in the body is that I enter between one and two hours before it.
With an MCG you can prevent declines and with its trends have great help.Having a descent with an MCG with alarms should never happen, of course you have gels and you are aware of gels and others.
The best MCG with alarms and bomb, but first always an MCG.
Regarding what you say that an MCG can be supplied with punctures, I think that when you do sports to be capillaryinsured if you see trends.Uffff or tell me to make hair during a race or riding a bike, and swimming or commenting you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/02/2017 5:23 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

If you have to choose between pump or MCG, the MCG wins by fact in fact I do not carry a bomb because with the MCG I control the values, I anticipate the hypoglycemia so I do not have them and I can correct them when I see that it triggers.
Before the MCG and making me very capillaries my hem did not go down 7 or shots and up what he wants to put, I had inadvertent drops with the risk that supposes and then what I caught with the glucometer were the 300 rebound.
Now with the MCG my hemo moves between 5.7-6.2 without hypoglycemia (the occasional if it goes down super fast if they are not strong since you put a quick remedy).
Regarding mcg, as @jconegar dexcom has said without hesitation and if you have accounts, calculator in hand with what the sensors can be extended and using the mobile as a receiver, the same is the same as the freestyle so at the same price I am left with Dexcom

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/03/2017 9:18 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Mcg .... It is a before and after in diabetes.But McG (alarms, continuous, etc ... the other are substitutes if you want to call it that).

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
11/03/2017 10:19 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

mario5s said:

A good control, desperate, since I do an intense exercise an hour of exercise about 3 or 4 times a week, in which diverse, day of sports, day after sport, and two days later, I will run in the morning and thisIt makes me variations up to two days later, within these days I can work or not (always) in the afternoon, on paper sounds very well explained then fails and a holiday like today if I do sports in the morning, in the afternoon I can haveA slightly strong downturn and then a stronger climb if I have done little activity ...

I carry it well, I think the sport is one of my best antidepressants although then my control is more complicated, and I can't stop doing it.

I had thought that perhaps the insulin bomb helps me, even if I don't know if I buy it at the public hospital, they would give me the training or I would have to go to a private endocrine, with all the expense that entails?

The other option in a continuous glucose meter (I discard the freestyle for comments read in this same forum) although I think it may not help me much in my case ...

The ideal would both be but my economy does not give so much .. how do you see it?

Thanks greetings!

Hello, I do sports like you and I have taken a bomb, continuous meter together with the pump and separately and I have taken tb free style and according to my experience everything has its advantages and disadvantages the bomb was going well for me to put dose with decimals but tb I tell youWhen I ran it, I took it away because it is uncomfortable to carry it, the continuous meter is fine però tb occupies and is very expensive and the free style is cheaper and it is already going well.The glucèmia with bomb that without it was unburned to me.I advise you to spend the rooms on a continuous meter although the free style is going very well and it is cheaper you put it in a kidney it was and you escape glycemia and ready.I have the same gyzed with bomb as without it and downspouts give me the same at least with the continuous meter you can advance to them però the free style is very well and it is affordable.The continuous meter creates you depending on you and is very consistent and is not reliable 100 percent and the Dexcom if you are very thin as it is my case sometimes not right.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
11/06/2017 9:42 a.m.

yaizaj said:
mario5s said:
good/phyload/56/3b68524e5926382311d962819a5845.jp "/& gt;

Hello, I do sports like you and ..... style is very good and is affordable.The continuous meter creates you depending on you and is very consistent and is not reliable 100 percent and the Dexcom if you are very thin as it is my case sometimes not right.

Well, regarding the information that you provide, it is not always the case, we are many to which we get cheaper dexcom than free, it depends on the duration of the sensor, which everything is in trying different areas and not being alone in one, and trying many timesDuration increases considerably.
Regarding Free is an issue that has often entered the forum debate and it is not a plan to start another debate, but I see absurd to notice a hypo if it can be avoided, there are many users who have started with Free and then haveChanged to Dexcom and have already given their opinions.
Have you used Dexcom?how long?Where did you wear it?I know people who are very thin and it works very well.
Reliable 100 % are not the glucometers if we repeat the capillaries we would always see why many hits and hyper misunderstood, it is more I assure you that many times when wearing a dexcom and calibrating you realize the errors of the glucometers because when seeing differencesabysmal and capillary repeats, and in the end Dexcom was right.
Dependence?If you know how to use it well do not believe it because the alarms are for that, you have to know how to use it but really dependence.Simply if you help you not have those hypos anymore where sweats and cold enter you I think it's another life.
The important thing is that each one uses the one who best comes to him but it is clear that he always with alarms because we always notice the hypos supposedly until we have an inadvertent hypo and the fat scare arrives.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/06/2017 11:03 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Thank you very much for all the answers, they have helped me a lot, I think I will end up putting me in a few months, the Dexcom G4 or G5 ,,, (I am looking for information)
Ultimately I am carrying a very good control of sugar ,,, well entarestano well but the weekend I am getting some surprise, the other night 43 of sugar with clear symptoms, but it has been my lowest measure that I have ever had ..And the situation depends to find 64 of sugar and not have symptoms of hypoglycemia or very slight ,, a greeting!

mario5s's profile photo
mario5s
11/12/2017 2:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.