Breakfasts

ciezanica's profile photo   12/20/2017 9:40 a.m.

The following happens to me .... If you just raised breakfast, I spend the whole morning hungry until noon, so I usually endure until lunchtime and there I punctuate the fast and take a toast and a coffee .... now I am considering if I do it well or this insulin is soaked with the food ???:(

ciezanica's profile photo
ciezanica
12/20/2017 9:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Ciezanica" depends on the hours between lunch and food can overlap a little or not, but there is not much problem, in any case.Think that each rapid insulin bolus is for a concrete amount of carbohydrates.If you get, let's put for example, 2U.For 4 rations at 11.00 and 1:00 p.m.You will eat 4 rations again, you must get again 2U.(or those that correspond, according to your ratio at that time).The anterior bolus, which is still active, is for the previous rations;But if it is true that if you have a glycemia of 140 mg/dl when you are going to put on the second bolus, you may not correct that blood glucose because the anterior bolus will already be responsible for lowering it a little more (overlapping a little with the new one)... For my work schedules I do not usually overlap bows, but once I have needed to do it, I have done so, as I am telling you and it has done well ... It is true that having freestyle or a continuous meter you see the trendof blood glucose and it is easierWhen I need to make two meals a little stuck in time.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/20/2017 11:08 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

You can try to eat something low in HC and not put insulin.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/22/2017 2:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello if Siezanica.So I understand breakfast at 8 in the next meal is food.In the morning I make three meals breakfast at 5, lunch at 10 at 10 at 2. Breakfast Coffee with milk decaffeinated Semi -skim milk 4 toasted or five of roasted bread and an orange.Lunch Small 30 g of bread and breast and fruit breast.The food never exceeds 8 rations and a half.Fast insulin lasts between 4 and 5 hours.If lunch 2 hours before eating, you must take into account what is the first two hours to go down to half of what is lunch and if you are going to eat, you will have to discount adding depending on what you eat when and how you do it.For me it is simple because I have been 40 years diabetic.Consult your nurse or nurse, or the doctor.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
01/26/2021 11:10 a.m.

K5288pn25.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.