{'en': 'Airplanes and insulin pump, safety control.', 'es': 'Aviones y bomba de insulina, el control de seguridad.'} Image

Airplanes and insulin pump, safety control.

Jess's profile photo   11/04/2018 4:57 p.m.

Hello,

It is the first time that I am going to travel with insulin pump by plane and I would like to know what you usually do, we cannot have it in contact with great power electromagnetic waves as in the case of a resonance, CT, X -rays.

How do you do to go through the arch?

I don't know very well how much intensity it is and if it could affect the insulin pump.Anyone who knows about this subject?

Thanks in advance.

All the best.

Jess's profile photo
Jess
11/04/2018 4:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have no idea.But you can always ask for manual control.They pass the hand scanner through the body and voila

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/04/2018 5:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have traveled several times in Europe and Asia and I have never stopped or taken the bomb or the dexcom, and all good.Because they have no problems, nor the security arches have not been pidered and in any case carried the doctor's certificate in I Gles.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
11/04/2018 6:39 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

Hello, in case someone serves for future trips.When I went to destiny I did not say anything and it happened and it is true as Jaume says that neither he whistled nor anything at all, when I returned back I said that I could not go through the arch because I was carrying insulin microinfusora a woman cache me, the strip passed meOf explosives and ready, I told him that if I wanted he had the report and told me it was not necessary.
Now that I carry sensor that is also sensitive to electromagnetic fields because I will say it.
All the best

Jess's profile photo
Jess
12/09/2018 10:52 p.m.

Hello, I do not carry a bomb but if dexcom.From Novalab they confirmed that there is no risk of going through the arc with the sensor.I always pass, I have passed with the same sensor by 5-6 arches on more than two occasions and they have always worked as well, and same duration.
Keep in mind that airport electric arches emit less radiation than a mobile phone or a microwave, a computer ... the mobile we take it all day on top.So not alarming yourself, it is not necessary to ask for the manual detector.

Greetings

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
12/11/2018 3:38 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

He has only been pidered once (to move on to TVE studies) explain, they passed the manual scanner and ready.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
12/16/2018 3:28 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.