{'en': 'Swollen eyelids', 'es': 'Párpados hinchados'} Image

Swollen eyelids

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/13/2017 1:43 p.m.

Hello everyone,

With the change of time a few days ago I wake up with the most swollen eyelids than normal.

They are almost always a little swollen in the morning but now more.

I have the problem in the right eye.It bites me a little and there are a couple of liquid sachets on the eyelid, just below the eyebrow.

Has something like this happened to you?

Should I worry?

I am 50 years old and type 1 diabetes for two.

I punish me three at night and apidra before meals.I usually get up with good levels (over 100).

So it is not by hyperglycemia.Can anyone help me?

Thanks and hugs.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/13/2017 1:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I speak from the most total ignorance, but can it be a problem, a bit punctuous, of fluid retention?

Erty's profile photo
Erty
11/13/2017 2:15 p.m.

I think so, Erty, which is about fluid retention but, like the eye problems must be taken seriously, so I ask the forum.Let's see if there is someone who has happened to the same, someone who has given some kind of advice to reduce the swelling of the eyes.
Also know if it shouldn't give importance.If they are things that happen when you have diabetes and it is already or, on the contrary, there is something that I can do to improve.

DiabetesForo
11/13/2017 2:29 p.m.

The truth is that it is not necessary to be very ready to say what I have said, but you can try one day to take infusion of the horsetail grass, which is diuretic, rather than any medication.But better expect the opinion of someone more specific and sophisticated.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
11/13/2017 2:40 p.m.

Thanks for your comments.
I took infusion of horsetail grass in the past but in my case it did not do very well.

DiabetesForo
11/13/2017 2:53 p.m.

It can also be for some allergy .., Consult it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/13/2017 3:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I'm afraid I am going to say something evidente but you should go to ophthalmologist.What I can assure you with the time you have been with the disease and the good control you have, is that it is not at all related to diabetes

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
11/13/2017 3:48 p.m.

Thanks Regina, I will consult it.
I stay a little quieter ophthalmologist after reading your conclusion.I will let a few days pass and if the thing worsens I will go to the header.Greetings and go ahead with diabetes.

DiabetesForo
11/13/2017 10:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.