{'en': 'ANYME AND DO YOUR EXERCISE', 'es': 'Anímense y hagan su ejercicio'} Image

ANYME AND DO YOUR EXERCISE

DiegoA's profile photo   11/10/2018 2:42 a.m.

Last Wednesday, I went to a mountain cycling route along the south coast of Puerto Rico.Since I am riding on the bicycle there is not a single day that I do not see how the exercise directly influences the control of my diabetes.I encourage the forists to eliminate a physical activity that forces him to at least a moderate to intense effort.Recognizing that not everyone practices sports, I can think of recreational activities that can help without having to think they are doing a forced exercise.You don't like to walk as an exercise, but you like nature, what a walk through the field?If you have controlled glucose, you can possibly handle the doses of medications and especially ingestion.Obesity is one of the most significant factors to have high glucose due to the inability of insulin to reach the entire body, due to the amount of fats.Exercise will give them more energies, they will feel better both physical and mental and emotional.Do not intimidate, the most important step is the first.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
11/10/2018 2:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Very good what you indicate, as you say the long walks is a great sport, but really no half an hour alone.
Sport is everything not only the sport that some can do.The important thing is that the sofas do not have the brand of our butt never, use it just to be with a family talking and watch some movie (we go like the sofas manufacturers see this they attract my attention hahaha)

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/10/2018 11:11 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Right now sport, that is, practice some sport (not walking), I see it impossible.Just to walk an hour I have to take more than 3 rations of HC and without injecting quickly.I don't want to imagine what I must need for a sport.I understand that I should reduce my slow insulin, but for daily life it is good for me.I don't know what to do.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
11/15/2018 5:59 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

jota said:
right now sport, that is, practice some sport (not walking), I see it impossible.Just to walk an hour I have to take more than 3 rations of HC and without injecting quickly.I don't want to imagine what I must need for a sport.I understand that I should reduce my slow insulin, but for daily life it is good for me.I don't know what to do.

Hello.I do not understand your argument well.What you say makes me think that glucose goes down too much, and without injected you quickly.So? What is the problem of ingesting carbohydrates if you are burning them?
I do not tell you that you try without insulin but what you share is contradicted.If what I want is to be able to eat HC without worrying because the sugar goes up to exercise it.So if your sugar lowers you too much without injecting quickly, you can need less basal insulin.I eliminated them completely and I only have them for emergency cases, I get too much.It seems to me that there is some incongruity in your approach.It doesn't fit what you say.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
11/25/2018 2:07 p.m.

diegoa said:
jota said:
right now sport, that is, practice some sport (not walking), I see it impossible.Just to walk an hour I have to take more than 3 rations of HC and without injecting quickly.I don't want to imagine what I must need for a sport.I understand that I should reduce my slow insulin, but for daily life it is good for me.I don't know what to do.

Hello.I do not understand your argument well.What you say makes me think that glucose goes down too much, and without injected you quickly.So? What is the problem of ingesting carbohydrates if you are burning them?
I do not tell you that you try without insulin but what you share is contradicted.If what I want is to be able to eat HC without worrying because the sugar goes up to exercise it.So if your sugar lowers you too much without injecting quickly, you can need less basal insulin.I eliminated them completely and I only have them for emergency cases, I get too much.It seems to me that there is some incongruity in your approach.It doesn't fit what you say.

I understand that what the partner says is that by walking he has to eat 3 rations and the real energy expenditure is not that for what he ingests.I had never heard anyone who had to eat three servings but each one is a world.It is also necessary to be very clear that if we carry an active food bolus insulin, it will make more effect even if we start walking, and especially if we take it on the legs.The truth is that three portions on a walk is nonsense.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/26/2018 8:21 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

If I understand the explanation well, what it says is that sugar goes down too much walking, and that it needs three portions to contrast the effect of insulin, which induces me to think that it can be on dosage.Since he comments would have to lower the basal dose.The control is achieved consistently.It would be interesting to document an activity with its initial levels and then at the end of its routine.Definitely something does not block

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
11/26/2018 9:20 a.m.

jota said:

The sport that least affects glucose levels is anaerobic, force exercises with weights or with your own body weight flexions, dominated, etc.The glucose usually raises you while you do it, although later it usually goes down again.This depends on the person anyway.I normally remain stable during exercise and then I have a certain downward trend, but as just after I dwell more hydrate to compensate or get me quickly insulin.Someday it gives me a peak of 160-180 while I do weights, which under cardio just after.But I associate that to hormonal theme because it only happens to me certain days of the month that is when I need more insulin for hormones so in boys I do not think this is noticed.It is to try and observe how you react, you are pointing everything and analyzing and in the end you find a guideline.The benefits of exercise will compensate for the effort of the adjustments.
Also if you exercise daily you can lower slowly and that you need to eat less to do it because the effects of the exercise are noticeable many hours later.I encourage you to try even if at first it costs you.Maintaining a good physical form is what makes us grow old we continue to maintain our autonomy.And that I think the effort compensates.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/26/2018 9:55 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

diegoa said:
if I understand the explanation well, what he says is that sugar goes off too walking, and that he needs three portions to contrast the effect of insulin, which induces me to thinkthat can be on dossified.Since he comments would have to lower the basal dose.The control is achieved consistently.It would be interesting to document an activity with its initial levels and then at the end of its routine.Definitely something does not block

I don't think so if it will always have hypoglycemia at that time.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/26/2018 11 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@Jota, if you don't get fast, you may be slow. To compensate for it, but ,,,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/26/2018 4:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

jconegar said:
diegoa said:
if I understand the explanation well, what he says is that sugar goes down too much walking, and that he needs three portions forCounterting the effect of insulin, which induces me to think that it can be dosed.Since he comments would have to lower the basal dose.The control is achieved consistently.It would be interesting to document an activity with its initial levels and then at the end of its routine.Definitely something does not block

I don't think so if it will always have hypoglycemia at that time.

But if you are ingesting CH and still goes down, then or is not ingesting enough carbohydrates or insulin has it very high.And because of the type of activity, it is not intense of high calorie burning.It would be interesting to have a complete picture of the routine and the
Intakes in addition to the levels in fasting, during and after the activity.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
11/26/2018 7:26 p.m.

Thanks for the answers.

I think it is because of the dose of Lantus (25).I have generally used 20 units and I have not needed so many rations to do the same exercise, but I have not had another one to upload the lantus because the results were not good.

I also have the doubt: if I need 3 rations of HC, will I gain weight despite exercising?That is, it will not help me much.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
12/08/2018 7:59 a.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

Hello.Although the logic is not necessarily absolute, if you do light exercises, you would not burn enough to significantly reduce without combining it with a good diet.Taking 3 portions and that glucose is low, in my opinion is as you mention, that you have high dose of basal insulin.You must verify the sucking in a fast.That will give you the basis of how to start the day.If you have the glucose at normal levels then eat well and go to do your exercise, it is not supposed to get so much.You can get an intermediate test before lunch to see how your body reacts.You must practice until you find your balance.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
12/08/2018 5:10 p.m.

Hello, I've been with basal insulin (I release) for 2 weeks.Until that time towards exercise, walk 1 hour very intense or gym, without problems.
Since they have given me insulin if I practice exercise I have drops and I am already reducing the practice exercise because I cannot control.Moreover, so much lack of control is making me make weight 2 kg in 15 days.
I measure 1.75 and weight 64 kg.
I get up with 90, breakfast and 2 h 200 ... I exercise and about 10 or 11 in the morning I already have declines .... If in the afternoon I give 150 I will walk and at two hours another descent ....
This morning at 13 hours I give 90 and I eat a piece fruit apple and at 14 hours I had lowered ...
What do you advise me ???
About 6 in the morning I go 12 u.Basal insulin.
Thank you

susal's profile photo
susal
12/23/2018 8:31 p.m.

@Susal If you do sports and you are constant throughout the week you will have to lower the basal you use until you see that you are in Normaglycemia or with the possible hypoglyceme minors.The endocrin@ gives you a basal insulin guideline but it is you who has to adjust it to its more or less active lifestyle.-

But it also seems to me that it is they who should explain all this, I do not think it is very difficult to explain to a patient, look you start with 12u of Lantus, Tresiba, Toujeo or whatever and if you do sports daily and you have manyHypos Well, you get off until you are well, in fine !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/23/2018 10:42 p.m.

Hello.If your glucose lowers you too much it means that you can be needing less for the same exercise.My advice is that you monitor yourself before going to exercise and before putting the basal.He
Doctor can advise you better but my experience with exercise has been overwhelmingly positive.Even controlling the metformin medication.I have had high, in the face of HC ingestion and dislikes from time to time but the consistent exercise routine holds me very well.It is better to have the
Sugar a little high, to expose you to dowers.I would not replace exercise with medicine.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
12/23/2018 11:21 p.m.

On the other hand the basal that you get is almost minimal.Another thing.Verify the glucometer.Sometimes the little machines give you very disparate readings.It is proven that the machines fail.I do tests and counterprise when I see readings that do not make sense to me

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
12/23/2018 11:32 p.m.

A suggestion.Lower the basal dose a little to see how dawns.That will give you an idea of ​​how your body behaves, but you don't eliminate exercise.
Diagnosed 11 months ago with glycosilized 13.4
Today in 5.8
And average glucose in A fast in 109

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
12/23/2018 11:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.