{'en': 'Doubt District Slow and fast insulin units.', 'es': 'Duda reparto unidades insulina lenta y rápida.'} Image

Doubt District Slow and fast insulin units.

BanHop's profile photo   11/14/2018 9:22 a.m.

Hello good,

It turns out that the other days I talked to an endocrine and asked me how many units I put on, I put 24 of Tresiba and the rapid according to what I eat, but normally about 4-4-4.

He told me that it is disproportionate, which is usually 50% each.That if for example I am a whole day without eating and without clicking quick insulin, I should not lower sugar levels, they should be stable.It is true that that does not happen to me.

If I shed Tresiba, and nothing fast and not ate any hydrates throughout the day, they would give me down.So I would like to know if what he says is correct, since many times the diabetics themselves know more.

Thank you.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
11/14/2018 9:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

With the Lantus there was always talk of that proportion.Maybe with threeiba is different.I do not fulfill that I am more or less like you: 24 threeiba, 4 ~ 5 ~ 0 varying according to HC.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/14/2018 11:23 a.m.

@Banhop If with the threeiba without eating or clicking quickly, you mayallowed to be stable or very slightly up or down without eating anything.

I always tell the same thing, when I started with Lantus, I put 34u and constant hypos and ended up verifying that with stable and balanced 18u, that is, almost half.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/14/2018 12:04 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@banhop If with the threeiba without eating or quick to click you, they may have you whatever the basal, the ideal and very difficult to get because every day it is different is different is differentGet to find the units of Tresiba, Lantus or Toujeo that would allow you to be stable or very slightly up or down without eating anything.-

I always tell the same thing, when I started with Lantus I put me 34u and constant hypos and ended up verifying that with stable and balanced, that is, almost half .-

So is it correct?That is, with the basal, if I didn't eat anything, I shouldn't barely get off.It is that I do not finish quadrar, because in principle we click quickly on morning, afternoon and night.If the rapid is only for the peaks of the food, then in the mid -morning and the snack would have a problem, since there I do not punish me, and if the basal should only keep me ... I do not get the accounts.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
11/14/2018 2:06 p.m.

The mid -morning and the snack, do not make them with the new basal.In theory, with these flat basal ones, I would have to get fast every time it eats

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/14/2018 4:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
mid -morning and snack, you don't have to do them with the new basal.In theory, with these flat basal ones, I would have to get quickly every time it eats

I referred to that, then I prick 3 times quickly to 5, because I do not know if I see the grace to the matter.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
11/14/2018 5:32 p.m.

Well, I take something halfway tomorrow if I work in the morning and mid -afternoon too and I don't get fast.And if I have a few hydrates either.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/14/2018 7:29 p.m.

That is the theory of flat basal ones, but in practice everyone knows what is best, the perfect adjustment is very difficult

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/14/2018 9:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Basal insulin is for what it is, cover basal metabolism, if you eat carbohydrates you have to get bolus.If you do not eat, you should not have decreases, it seems to me a recklessness that if one day it does not give you time to do the mid -morning of hypoglycemia, it is a lack of absolute freedom?And the night?will go down going ... to click less, or not eat between hours, or eat something without hydrates right?

erpla's profile photo
erpla
11/15/2018 9:38 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

erpla said:
basal insulin is for what it is, cover basal metabolism, if you eat carbohydrates you have to put bolus.If you do not eat, you should not have decreases, it seems to me a recklessness that if one day it does not give you time to do the mid -morning of hypoglycemia, it is a lack of absolute freedom?And the night?will go down going down .... to click less, or not eat between hours, or eat something without hydrates?

I am resetting the dose of Tresiba right now, as every two or three days you have to make the changes, it is a little more can than to change the lantus.For now I have dropped from 24 to 20, but at 6-7 in the morning I am in 60 sugar.I looked at the graph and after clicking the quick at dinner, I correct the peak, but last night from 2 in the morning to 7 in the morning he dropped from 180 to 60 approximately.

I guess that indicates that the basal is still wrong, because something should come down, but not so much.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
11/15/2018 11:07 a.m.

Man, this is not an exact science and will also depend a little on your height, your weight and many factors, stress, sport etc. But if you continue to lower those values ​​in normal conditions, you are a bit above threeiba;In the end it is to test dose and as they have told you at the top of the schedule, not always the best time of the basal is dinner as 95 % of the endocrin@s.- Of course, all the changes with advice of advice fromthe endocrin@ or educator@ .-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/15/2018 12:51 p.m.

What will make you see the adjustment better is the stability you get at night.That little down.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/16/2018 12:06 a.m.

Of course @banhop, as @regina says it would be ideal to keep the flat night or lowering little, although I think that is very difficult, but that you get down so much is dangerous and also does not allow you to sleep well.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
11/16/2018 4:20 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Last night, for example, it was at 9:00 p.m. at about 130, I took a sandwich, which looking at the units are about three servings.I usually raise the ration about 35. So I should have uploaded about 100.

I did not click to correct, and I got up with 150. So if I had punctured I would have woke up with descent.I have to regulate, but the Tresiba is a can.With the Lantus from day to day I had almost fixed it.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
11/16/2018 9:21 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.