{'en': 'Uploaded at the beginning of sleep in children', 'es': 'Subidas al comienzo del sueño en niños'} Image

Uploaded at the beginning of sleep in children

Pepeluis77's profile photo   11/14/2018 11:27 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask you something that I have observing in my 4 -year -old son that is increasingly repeated more often and I can't find answers, to see if the same thing happens to someone or know what it can be.

It turns out that about 2 hours after the food or 3 hours after dinner, which sleeps or at night, the glucose begins to rise in an exaggerated way reaching more than 300 very fast, and I do not understand theWhat, since it spends a lot of time since he ate and before bedtime he was rather low.It has basal insulin during the 24 hours.

Greetings,

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
11/14/2018 11:27 a.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

@Pepeluis7 my son happened to that and I billed it to slow digestions, that is, blood glucose is released after 3 or 4 hours, when there is no active fast insulin anymore.The solution in my case was to raise the slow units, so that although there is no quickly there is slow.The counterpart is that being slow 24h is going to walk much more under the rest of the day with a higher risk of hypos.So if you do not want to be worried about hypos the rest of the day, the solution is to leave the slow one as it is and correct with X fast units those peaks that give it at 3 or 4 hours of eating or dinner.Greetings and luck.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
11/14/2018 7:08 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

pepeluis77 said:
hello everyone,

I wanted to ask you something that I have observing in my 4 -year -old son that is increasingly repeated more often and I can't find answers, to see if the same thing happens to someone or know what it can be.

It turns out that about 2 hours after the food or 3 hours after dinner, which sleeps or at night, the glucose begins to rise in an exaggerated way reaching more than 300 very fast, and I do not understand theWhat, since it spends a lot of time since he ate and before bedtime he was rather low.It has basal insulin during the 24 hours.

Greetings,

Not all day we have the same insulin needs.I imagine that it does not happen in meals with paella -like fats or similar or fried meals.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/14/2018 7:24 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Pepeluis77 You can also try to change the slow time.In theory the effect is plain 24h but it seems that in practice it is not so and there are sections that make more effect than in others.My son before put on the three -time at eating and now puts it on breakfast and we have proven that it is better.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
11/14/2018 7:42 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

I appreciate the answers,

I always had a tendency to climb him after the effect of the rapSleep, if one day he lies later, that day he is shooting later ... and what he doesn't understand either is that he correct with fast insulin and does not download anything ... so we are bewildered, thinking that the dream has somethingWhat to see.

Pepeluis77
11/15/2018 9:40 a.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

It will need more insulin.I do not know if you have tried to climb the fast, or, if you wake up high, you will have to climb the slow one.
Try that meals do not carry fat, with few fried.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/16/2018 12:57 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I will try to reduce the fat, but it is not that I abuse them, it is more, I always understood that if I had some fat better to digest slower and do not hit him up ...

Indisty today I speak with the endocrine and I told me that I could only correct it by putting bomb ... and it gives me panic ... I would prefer to continue with injections but I do the slow at night spoil the antialba effect even more, since even while while while while while beingAt 300 at 1 in the morning, at 6 is 70, in short, everything too complicated.

Pepeluis77
11/16/2018 4:10 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

If you go down so much at night, it will better put the slow morning.
And you can put a little more slow to cover 24 hours.
How slow uses?What time?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/16/2018 5:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Pepeluis77 As well they tell you @regina and @"pgarcía" an option is the change of time, I put toujeo at night I also had that high at bedtime (and I am not a child: p), now I put it onBetween the eating time and mid-afternoon and the truth is that much better, I have some climb but they are few.- Put it on breakfast or food are 2 good options to try.-Consult it to your endocrine to see what he tells you.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/16/2018 7 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Use Levemir, and we put it at 20:30 with dinner and at 8:30 before going to school, thinking they are the best hours to cover the entire day ...

Pepeluis77
11/18/2018 12:56 a.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

I don't know if you have tried to put the fast after meals, ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/18/2018 11:33 a.m.

We have not tried because his employer so far was to wait about 10 min before food and dinner, and 20 min before breakfast, and as soon as he did not respect this time (because of the hunger that the poor had) he went up to more than 200Before insulin began to work, but it is true that we have tried to prick him just before eating (except at breakfast that remains the same) and it seems that he has improved something, after the rapid he goes up when he is sleeping over 200 and notHe shoots so much ... so we will continue testing.

Pepeluis77
11/22/2018 5:52 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.