It seems that there are many open fronts lately to combat or make life easier for diabetics, I hope someone ends.This smartwatch would be ready in 2019, another thing is that it serves something.We will see.

I hit the news that I just read in Engadget:

Fitbit could monitor glucose with its future smartwatch
He has invested in a company that works in an extremely compact meter.

Fitbit has released no less than 6 million dollars at the Sano table, a company that is working on a blood sugar monitor the size of a coin.Although it is not the first time that Fitbit experiences with glucose meters (currently its IONIC smartwatch is compatible with an additional Dexcom module), this operation could give birth to a new device with the integrated monitor."This fits our strategy to look beyond the device and think more about solutions (health)," said CEO James Park to CNBC."I think the complete solution comes in the way of having some monitoring solutions combined with a screen and a portable device that can give it adequate interventions at the right time."

This interest in glucose control is nothing new in the world of the wearables, since previous rumors also pointed to Apple, a company that many expect that they also include their own solution with a new Apple Watch.The difference is that while the healthy solution is based on tiny needles to take the measures, Apple's supposedly would be completely passive, without being invasive and with the ability to continually measure.If so, everything indicates that it will be better, but Fitbit rewards the speed of launching a device with this quality, since it would differentiate itself from the rest and serve to resume some positions since Apple and Xiaomi took away thedomain in the wearable market.

Although the CEO has not confirmed the arrival of this technology to its wearables, it is clear that the investment cannot mean anything else.Of course, the healthy monitor will not be ready for a year, so forget about seeing such a solution with the Fitbit seal for this 2018.