Better combination of HW and SW for free freestyle?

siulgonzalez's profile photo   11/18/2017 5:26 p.m.

Hello everyone,
I ask you a question that I think we can have (and solve) many of us.

INTRODUCTION:
My daughter is diabetic a month ago.We are managing it in the traditional way (glucometer and feathers), but despite being rigorous, we still give us inexplicable surprises with their blood glucose.We measure it when we touch, we point everything in the notebook, and also in the Diabetes software: M, that I like for the quality of their reports (and because others were not compatible with the mobile that we have put it).So after looking and reading a lot we will put free freestyle in the next few days.

SITUATION:
The fact is that around the freestyle there are many hardware options (the official reader, use a smartphone, glucoangel) and software (various official and unofficial apps to measure, share and analyze data (Glimp, LibreLink, MySugar, Glucuard, etc.)And it is quite complex.
Criteria:
- I am sure that I want to use glucoangel (HW) and Glucuard (SW) to be able to sleep well at night and have more immediate information than is happening.
- I would like to be able to integrate registration, sharing and information analysis in the most comfortable way possible, without having to point the same several times.Now I use diabetes: m But I am open to other options, for example Glimp I think it's good.If I can have free options better than payment, which is already quite expensive is all this.
- I don't want my daughter to have to wear the traditional glucometer, the freestyle reader and the smartphone over all the time.The less we hit.
- I want to have a main option but without losing other options in case it is necessary, for example, point by hand or contrast data with a traditional glucometer before meals.

DOUBT:
So I would like to have your opinion about what is the best combination of hardware and software, especially to those who have already gone through this.I think it will help those who are starting with freestyle.

siulgonzalez's profile photo
siulgonzalez
11/18/2017 5:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The most comfortable option, if you only want a device, is the official Freestyle reader, which allows you to read the sensor, measure the capillary glucose and pass the information to the PC or Mac through the official software.Without a doubt, I would do that.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
11/18/2017 9:27 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Thanks for the advice, Jpr.
The smartphone always carries it to be able to call us and write down everything, including food and exercise.It will also be necessary for alerts and records of Glucoangel.That is why my idea was to centralize all the information on the smartphone, and leave the official glucometer such as Plan B and for capillary measurements.
But how complete Glucuard data with other information, how do I connect it with other apps, how do I share it and how do I analyze it?There are many options and I get lost.
I also think I read that there are better apps than the officers, but I don't know them as other much more expert people.
For all that I ask what combination is in the end more practical in this case, as a usual method.Maybe I'm lying but I want to consider the options well.

siulgonzalez
11/19/2017 12:04 a.m.

I still investigate.It seems that Glimp is better than the official app, especially since it allows to calibrate the raw data with others of capillary.Gluconightwatch and free also seem interesting.We will see.

siulgonzalez
11/20/2017 12:34 a.m.

And why not the FreeLink official app on its phone, to scan the sensor, and freeLink up on your phone?Every time she scanned you will receive the data in your mobile.Although it carries glucoangel, it is compatible with scanning the sensor.Anyway, I would leave Glucoangel to sleep, as it has alarms, and the rest of the day would work with LibreLink.I like the rest of the app very less than the officer since it is the best and most prepare reports and you can share them with the endocrine in a super comfortable way ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
11/20/2017 7:56 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Yes, it can be a good option.He had read that the official app sometimes gives enough problems ( Link id

siulgonzalez
11/20/2017 11:47 a.m.

siulgonzalez said:
yes, it can be a good option.He had read that the official app sometimes gives enough problems ( Link id = com.librelink.app ), and on the other hand diabetes: m makes very good reports, but I will try the official option and I will tell you if it convinces me.

You'll see how LibreLink goes wonderfully.I have not had any problem with this app.I have little to use it because I spend tomorrow to Pump Medtronic and continuous meter literate.The year and a half that I carry with Freestyle I can only speak wonders of this system, both sensors and app.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
11/21/2017 11:50 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

First day with freestyle.Luckily I didn't have many expectations.Suuuy values ​​below the capillary.Application of the official reader a bit rigid, if you put food it has to be at the time, do not point out what a while ago.We will see if we get used to or if tomorrow goes better.

siulgonzalez
11/22/2017 7:51 p.m.

Hello I use 2 apps: LibreLink and Glimp.The officer and then use Libreview on the mobile and see the most exhaustive and Glimp reports to add the corrections.

I don't know how old your daughter is, but the hair glucometer should always carry it because the meters are not reliable as you are seeing.
They are going well for trend arrows but values ​​can lead you to some wrong decision.
Regarding loading.... It is what it touches, I carry two glucometers, sugar, cookies and the usual.... 1kg more than before being diabetic

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/23/2017 8:03 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, I use Social Diabetes + LibreLink and I'm great !!The Social Diabetes is very complete and it shows that lately they are improving it a lot !!Apart from your support department is very good !!

mrastra's profile photo
mrastra
11/23/2017 12:25 p.m.

Well, let's go step by step.With difficulties but advancing.
UPDATE
Freestyle already gives me quite decent values.Thanks for the board to place it 24h before activating it.
I am still surprising that the capillary measure by the official Freestyle reader does not match that of the previous glucometer, but hey, it is not worrying.
In usability, those of Abott go fair.The official strips to read the capillary with the freestyle reader are cumbersome to open and require more blood than others.In the reader you cannot correct past data, the screen is quite little tactil, and in general it is noted that they have not asked users a lot.
To the point, after trying several phones, in the end I got a Samsung S3 with NFC and Glimp to be able to make the freestyle readings directly.Bravo!
The next step is to get sleep at night , for which I need a bearable device on the arm that reads the sensor data and wakes me up if it is above or below the limits.
As Glucoangel lords do not give signs of life after a month of attempts by all media, step to Plan B.
After reading the Debee.it website is to use a Sony 3 smartwatch next to the sensor so that every 5 minutes it communicates with the smartphone glymp and alarms us if necessary.
So far everything ok.Now my request for ...
AID
Once the Sony 3 is bought, and matched with the smartphone, I see that it does not activate the NFC.Apparently Sony's lords do not deign to update the Android Wear to version 2.
There is appropriate a way to get it to work, but it seems extremely complex (the computer scientist who wrote it will seem evident).I have to install and uninstall things on my computer and the smartwatch, do android down, block subsequent updates, etc.And with the risk of annoying anything.
Can anyone who has done it give me clues?Thank you

siulgonzalez
12/20/2017 8:47 p.m.

@"Siulgonzalez" Unfortunately the only way to make your Sony Smartwatch 3 read the Glimp is how you have read in the English forums, rooting the clock and return to the 1st version of software that is the one that allows you to use the NFC of the clock.

If you do not want to get in so much jaleo with the risk of breaking the clock in the attempt and having alarms with the free I advise you the blucon.I also bought the Sony with that idea but I do not risk doing it without a tutorial totally in Spanish.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/20/2017 8:59 p.m.

Here This girl has achieved it but it seems that it went through the same situation.
Apparently there is a group on Facebook, free Geek.I'm going to sign up and if I find the solution I will share it.

siulgonzalez
12/20/2017 9:33 p.m.

Thanks for the information SIGSAUER.
In the Facebook group Geeks there is enough information and I am starting to explore it.I share advances:
I have seen an Englishman who sells the Sony 3 already modified for NFC by 75 pounds, but I don't know whether to trust.
At the moment I have downloaded the stl file to print the housing that allows to superimpose the Sony 3 above the sensor, which I did not find on the Debee.it website (and apparently they charge you 60 € €for printing and sending it).As I have a 3D printer I can do it on my own.Or maybe a textile solution is easier, we'll see.
I have also downloaded more detailed and better documented instructions of the Downgrade process and modification of Sony 3 than those I had seen on the Internet.My problem is not with the English language, but to find detailed instructions and do not give things for supposed.
I attach some tutorials with screenshots and comments, in case someone serves.Next week I will look at them and value if I dare to try.I would be angry to have gone so far and that I miss two hours of potting.

siulgonzalez
12/21/2017 12:52 p.m.

Yesterday I threw myself all the afternoon.It is not for beginners or impatient.
After much pull and loosen with the computer, the rejoj and the phone I have managed to download the LCA43 version.
The problem is that now it does not let me install the NFC, it stays as blocked.In CMD ready the clock but in the device administrator it says it is not connected.
Any track?

siulgonzalez
12/25/2017 6:50 p.m.

Ok, I give up.After much trying and consulting forums, the free GEEKs group and everything, I can't get the device administrator to recognize Sony3, so I can't install the NFC.
It is incredible that things have to be so complicated.:(

siulgonzalez
12/26/2017 1:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.