LIVE ONLY DIAGNOSTICED

Franco0399's profile photo   01/18/2018 6:10 a.m.

Hello, I believe this topic because he is eating my head and I want to read opinions of people who already have experience.It turns out that less than a month ago I was diagnosed with this disease, and in less than a month I would have to go to live alone to study a city that is more than 200km.I was totally determined to leave but now I am very afraid of being alone, I feel very sad all day since I don't know how to talk to my dad who already made the contract for an apartment, I think that if I now tell him that I don't love myselfIR is going to disappoint.I feel that my illness is not taken seriously, he came to tell me that surely in a while I will not have to inject more insulin but it is obvious that it is not.What do you think?Should I face and tell him what I feel or leave and expect anything wrong to happen to me being alone?

Franco0399's profile photo
Franco0399
01/18/2018 6:10 a.m.

Basaglar 9 unidades mañana, 8 noche. Apidra a demanda.

I think that everything goes through something and they are signs ... two months before my diagnosis I had to be in Spain for a scholarship that they gave me for a mastery, but I did not leave because first my health was and stabilize.Here is my doctor, my clinic, my family, and so on.Thus, I consider that you should wait for diabetes
You have to understand, it's about your health and if he does not take seriousness if, face it and go for your health and tranquility
Kisses!

SweetMajo's profile photo
SweetMajo
01/18/2018 7:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The first is you and what you want to do.Diabetes should not stop your future.
If you need to stay in your home because you feel safer, do it.The following year you can move to continue with your studies.If you feel brave and decide.Before any unforeseen cause by diabetes you are the one who has to manage it.Notify your apartment or friends at your destination in relation to how they should help you (dissolved sugar, call emergencies ...) and you will be calm.
I lived alone when I debut and I have not had any problem or scare.Of course, control the doses of insulin and what you eat.
Cheer up!What you decide will always be correct.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/18/2018 8:23 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I was diagnosed as soon as I started the university and lived in a apartment shared to 80km from my family.I never had any problem but I already knew the disease.
The first one thinks about you and what do you want to do, if you want to leave, do not let the diabetes stop you but if you feel safer postponing it then stay with your family until you look able to leave.The first thing is your health and your father has to understand it.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/18/2018 8:31 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hello everyone, thanks for answering.Unfortunately, where I go I have no one and I don't know anyone, in case something happens to me, the worst could be a serious nocturnal hypoglycemia) I could spend up to anyone without anyone noticing, and that the truthI scare me.

Franco0399
01/19/2018 8:21 p.m.

Hi Franco, I feel that diabetes can't stop your wishes.But I also understand that with less than a month of diagnosis there is a lot to discover and learn, you can do it in this new place where you planned to go or you can do it where you are, with less than a month of the diagnosis, I think we have all crossed a pain tranDeep that seemed impossible to overcome and with time and knowledge, and acceptance we changed.From what I read of your comments you want to stay, to go through this accompanied moment, but I think that your maximum fear is your dad, what I would do, it does not mean that it is like that, I would talk to him, it would contribute to him that it is to "have diabetes"And for now, he has no cure.For your father it must also be very difficult to accept it, but speak it, and listen to you!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
01/20/2018 3:39 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hi @"Franco0399" You don't tell us that insulin guidelines are followed, because depending on that you can be more or less likely to hypos at night.And you should also evaluate the possibilities and risks you have in the city where you are going to live, do you have availability of doctors and endocrine?Easy and fast access to health centers?Emergency services?If you do periodic analysis?Availability of insulins, medicines?Availability of glucose measurement strips? ... and meals?Do you have ease of following the regime?Keep in mind that especially at the beginning it is important to be very methodical with meals, because it is the only way of knowing how your body reacts to different foods.If most of the answers are negative discard it immediately.How old are you?18?Keep in mind that although you delay your studies a year, it will not be catastrophic because you have a lot of life ahead, and someone who always thrown forward with everything is always telling you.Anyway you make the decision you make you will always have us here for any problem you have.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
01/20/2018 10:26 a.m.

And I forgot, it is also very convenient for you to live on a shared floor, first because you will not feel only and second because in case of ungencia you always have someone who can help you

runing50's profile photo
runing50
01/20/2018 10:34 a.m.

@"Franco0399" Good morning.If you were my son, I would advise you to stay at your home for a year, there is much to learn about diabetes and better do it in the family environment.As for your father, I assure you that he is very scared and maybe in a state of denial, give him time and information to assimilate it.I still remember when my diagnosis, (early diagnosis, I did not debut), my whole family entered Schock, I had to encourage them, imagine!Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/20/2018 11:26 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hello everyone, I was busy trying to have a moderately normal life again, in addition to my internet was very bad.I appreciate your comments, in the end my dad understood and canceled all the plans to go, although that does not mean that I will not do anything, I will study a career in my town and also work: D The truth I feel much safer, if I was going to study I was completely alone and in case of something serious, nobody was going to be able to help me :(

Franco0399
01/26/2018 2:15 a.m.

Well, if you want and feel like it, congratulations!
Life is long and gives time for everything.You will see it.The next year you go to the city to study and enjoy life, that diabetes never stops you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/26/2018 8:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Franco I'm very happy what you tell, since you heard what you want, and I hope you always follow your wishes!Surely you will have a plus, but never stop listening to you !!!!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
01/26/2018 3:49 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

You have done very well.Being uneasiness you were not going to study, and this is not a cold, controlling it takes time and much attention.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/26/2018 4:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.