On November 6 we told Luca's story, a 4 -year -old boy who saved his mother's life.He did something as apparently simple as unexpected for a child of his age: calling 112 by phone warning that his mother needed help.Just 3 weeks later, its action has had a reward: a medal.

Luca is a child from a town in León whose mother suffers from diabetes.That day his insulin bomb failed and was on the ground in a state of semi -consciousness.The boy noticed the problems and, as his teacher had taught him at school, called 1-1-2 and asked for help.He did it with such intensity that in the minutes that the ambulance took to arrive, up to 20 calls to the emergency number were recorded.

Interior Minister Fernando Grande-Marlaska (C), next to the child who called the 112 Emergency Department of Castilla y León to warn of his mother's indisposition, Lucas Álvarez Toribo (C-D), and the other people awarded with medalsCivil Protection Merit 2018.

The story had a happy ending: the emergency doctors arrived at Luca's home, who had already opened the door, and saved their mother.The little boy also took care of his newborn sister, who cried in an adjoining room, comforting her.The Interior Minister has recognized his merits: "He is a brave four years and a student awake and attentive."

"We have a solidarity society full of values, of those values ​​that made our constitution possible," added Fernando Grande-Marlaska, referring to the 53 awarded with the Civil Protection merit medals, including Luca.

His teacher, the other great protagonist
Much part of Luca's merit belongs to his teacher.It is called Elisa and has also received a medal, in its case of silver with a blue badge.His testimony is collected by Diario de León: "I do all students to call 112, how to do it when something happens."

And with Luca he worked perfectly, so much that he saved his mother's life: "She is very hustled," acknowledges his teacher, who is convinced that other students would have reacted in the same way because they are "sponges."

Luca proudly showed his medal and the pin with a tricorn given by the general director of the Civil Guard, Féliz Azón.I was happy for all the congratulations and attention he received, but deep down I didn't understand very well why: ‘only’ had called on the phone because his mother was sick.