{'en': 'My boyfriend is diabetic', 'es': 'Mi novio es diabetico'} Image

My boyfriend is diabetic

Colorea60's profile photo   01/18/2018 4:34 p.m.

Hello!

My boyfriend has just been diagnosed as a diabetic.I had been having symptoms for some time.

I want to introduce myself because the truth that I need help.

She was diagnosed just before Christmas, so doctors really have not paid much attention, no pattern or anything.

He for his part, is not taking it very seriously, since no measurements are made, he only takes 26 units at the night of slow insulin.

I am a little tired of arguing with him to be measured, and take it seriously, and he ignores me ...

In short, I don't know what to do ... Any suggestion?

Thank you!

Colorea60's profile photo
Colorea60
01/18/2018 4:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @colora60.The doctors only indicated slow insulin?And before each meal?Surely it is shokeo by the diagnosis, but it is the one who must incorporate many things in your new life with diabetes, your accompaniment is very important but it is the one who must assume the treatment.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
01/18/2018 4:48 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

It is complicated to assimilate but you have to accept it and take care of your maximum, it is important to carry good control to avoid complications.In addition, doctors should meet with educators to explain everything well.Have you told you if it is type 1 or 2?
Tell him to pass through the forum, here you can find help.We have all gone through the diagnosis and change of life that supposes and here we are.It is difficult to get used to living with this disease but can be done.You have to get little by little learning and improving control.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/18/2018 4:56 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

colora60 said:
hello!My boyfriend has just been diagnosed as a diabetic.I had been having symptoms for some time.
I want to introduce myself because the truth that I need help.She was diagnosed just before Christmas, so doctors really have not paid much attention, no pattern or anything.
For its part, it is not taking it very seriously, since no measurements are made, it only takes 26 units at the night of slow insulin.
I am a little tired of arguing with him to be measured, and take it seriously, and he ignores me ...
In short, I don't know what to do ... Any suggestion?
Thanks

I do not know where you will be but the truth of the doctors here in Spain is strange.If he is the family doctor, it is that his knowledge is usually basic but a hospital endocrine sounds weird who only sends slow insulin to live.If you want to be cruel and will hate you, but you will realize teach the complications of diabetes over time you will see whether it takes it seriously or not.
It is impossible for him to be slowly from Christmas, you talk about a boyfriend and I suppose he is a young boy.I find it very strange that it can be kept alone because I would have it in the clouds and it would have already gone to the hospital with ketone bodies almost certainly have it many days high.Unless your pancreas still works for something, that is known with the c peptide, it is not logical that only carries slowly, to see if you are putting it and you don't even tell you, many people do not want them to see them clicking, at first everythingIt is logical, be patient, but that is really taken care of.Forgive if I am hard speaking but I never hide anything and I say things as they are, diabetes is a slow death of the body organs but you take care of yourself, being very beast speaking, but of course I am.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/19/2018 12:03 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Well, just at night ... well, I'll talk to him.At least this of food if it takes it well.When we go to the doctor I will ask and if I am from Spain, from Madrid .... no insulin is put for the day.And if he feels bad or tells me, Jconegar ... I think it will be the best I prefer to hate me and find it wrong to love me and see him bad

Colorea60's profile photo
Colorea60
01/19/2018 10:46 a.m.

You have to go to the Urgent Doctor and have an analysis.Good luck, support and demand him.It seems not, but after insisting a lot, they end up giving up.My partner has type 1 diabetes ...

Azul Arellano's profile photo
Azul Arellano
01/19/2018 6:32 p.m.

colora60 said:
Well only at night ... well, I'll talk to him.At least this of food if it takes it well.When we go to the doctor I will ask and if I am from Spain, from Madrid .... no insulin is put for the day.And if he feels bad or tells me, Jconegar ... I think it will be the best I prefer to hate my

But have you gone to the endocrine?or family doctor?Do you say it feels bad but for very high glycemia values?It will be analyzed say, right?Take care of it and may hate you if, because our character is usually like that, we do not like to control us, it is worth someone now to comment that it is not always the same, but I assure you that when we are with hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia to very few we like it to beSay things.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/20/2018 9:48 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

In Madrid we are very good diabetes.Surely the endocrine has given it fast insulin for meals, plus the slow one that is put on.
The first months make you a very strict follow -up.
Ponsate it very black.... They did so and work, I assure you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/21/2018 5:38 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello color60.
Little to add to what they have already told you here.He insists and, if he does not reason, you can teach him any of these graphics in case they pay more attention to them:

If not, you can put in Google 'Complications of diabetes' and you will get much harder images than these "nice" drawings.The same thing realizes how bad this disease can be well controlled.
Good luck.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
01/21/2018 9:36 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.