{'en': 'I am unable to calculate my insulin ratio', 'es': 'Soy incapaz de calcular mi Ratio de insulina'} Image

I am unable to calculate my insulin ratio

Dido's profile photo   12/01/2018 2:43 p.m.

Hello, good afternoon,

I am going to consult you because I am getting a little crazy, for different reasons I think that my insulin ratio is not well calculated, the educator put it in the two machines I have.One is an accu-chek that is the one that most uses and I think that the most reliable and another a freestyle free meter that sometimes uses since it is too expensive for me.

In the acu chek it is impossible for me to change the parameters I have no idea how it is done.
In the free meter I have that you know the ratio I need for 10 gr that are an insulin dose.

Well according to my calaculi (which I have to clarify these days with controls) my sensitivity to insulin would be: Smile:

1800 /13 basal and 5 at breakfast 5 at meals and 4 Apidra dinner.
then it would be 66.6.

What I would like to know is how the insulin ratio calculates and how I can introduce it into the machines to calculate the doses well.

Greetings,

Dido's profile photo
Dido
12/01/2018 2:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That is, if my correction factor is 66.6 as the ratio I need for an HC ration is calculated.

Dido's profile photo
Dido
12/01/2018 2:52 p.m.

Well, you have to find yours.It is not so mathematical and depends on the time, in the morning it is usually needed faster than at night
The educator gives orientations, but you have to adjust your doses.Points hydrates, doses and controls and you are drawing conclusions

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/02/2018 2:28 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina, but there will be some formula

Dido's profile photo
Dido
12/02/2018 4:44 a.m.

I have the educator on the 14

Dido's profile photo
Dido
12/02/2018 4:45 a.m.

It depends on each person, you have to calculate at meals, if 2h after breakfast it is above DD 150 you upload the breakfast ratio and so with all the meals ... for example I have more ratio in the food q in therest of the day ....
As for the sensitivity factor, it is how you have calculated it ... In your case I would use 70 and then you modify ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
12/02/2018 6:35 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Yes, I understand about 2 hours later and all that, but what is not the formula for the ratio, that is, the most common would be that with 50 a ration of hydrates was lowered and when you are going to put it in the machineAnd he asks you is 1, but if the sensitivity factor is 66? How much insulin do I need to lower a ration of hydrates?

Dido's profile photo
Dido
12/02/2018 6:50 a.m.

Well, a unit will lower you 66 glucose.
But it is not so accurate.
It is usually calculated by dividing 1800 by the total dose of insulins.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/03/2018 12:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

You are confusing ratios with sensitivity factor.
The sensitivity factor is how much glucose lowers you with 1 unit, is what is calculated with the formula.Nor is it accurate.The ratio is measured normalmemte in unit x ration and is the insulin you need for every 10g of carbohydrates ingested.Although they have a certain relationship they are not the same.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
12/04/2018 8:40 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

The problem is that they are not mathematics and depends on the day.
I am 10G HC- 4 UDS, temporarily ... as soon as I passed those days of resistance, I will return to 10g HC - 2uds.
In the morning, I need the triple that at noon, and at night much less.
It is proof and error.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/06/2018 2:55 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.