Morning hyperglycemia due to dinner carbohydrates

sharky92's profile photo   01/25/2018 12:47 p.m.

Well, exactly it happens to me, I do not know if it is normal or someone also happens, that when you take more rations at the normal dinner, in my case more than 10 rations approx because I come from intense exercise, I have to adjust the night lantus (Before sleeping) in many more units than normal even though my glycemia before sleep is perfect.When I move in the 1-10 rations at dinner, my standard dose of Lantus is perfect but when I go up with rations, I have to put me between 10 and 15 more units of Lantus only because of the fact of putting those portions.Does anyone else happen to you?

sharky92's profile photo
sharky92
01/25/2018 12:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The dose of rapida rises, the lantus is a basal insulin and its function is not to cover the hydrates of the meals.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/25/2018 1:13 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

If at 2 hours after eating you are fine and it goes up later that dinner fat causes the hydrates to rise later.Anyway, if with less rations you are doing well, why do you eat more?
I also exercise intense before dinner a few days and not for that as more hydrate at dinner.If it is the food that most hydrate because having lowered glycogen reserves with the same insulin I can eat some more hydrate, but it is usually at most 3-4 rations of the 2 or 2.5 that usually.And I don't always do it, sometimes simply under the fast dose and ready.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/25/2018 1:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

jpr said:
rises the dose of rapida, the lantus is a basal insulin and its function is not to cover the hydrates of the meals.

But if I upload the fast they give me hypos before going to sleep.

@"Yesssica_a" There are days that the body asks me, to eat a good dish of rice or pasta and easily exceed those 10 rations, I do not know, sometimes I think that those carbohydrates of the dinner as if they lower my sensitivity to insulin later andThat's why I need more lantus,

sharky92's profile photo
sharky92
01/25/2018 3:50 p.m.

Sharky92 said:
jpr said:
rises the dose of fast, the lantus is a basal insulin and its function is not to cover the hydrates of the meals.

But if I upload the fast they give me hypos before going to sleep.

@"Yesssica_a" There are days that the body asks me, to eat a good dish of rice or pasta and easily exceed those 10 rations, I do not know, sometimes I think that those carbohydrates of the dinner as if they lower my sensitivity to insulin later andThat's why I need more lantus,

Well, I don't know, I don't see a simple solution.The only thing that days you wear an early morning alarm, look at yourself and if you are high you correct.Anyway, tell the endocrine to see if you can give you any better solution because getting up at dawn is a very annoying appaire.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/25/2018 3:55 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

It happens to me.
If my dinner is more fat, I am slower and it is better than renewing faster

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/25/2018 4:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It also happens to me, if I make a copious dinner I do not finish digestion until 5 or 6 in the morning.At night I do the very slow digestions, so I try to dine little and sleep perfect.Solutions that I have tried: eat rice or pasta at meals, instead of in dinners;make you quickly at midnight as you have told you;To exercise first, and then dinner, I was trying this one season until the neighbor below went up to ride the chicken because I did not let him sleep with the noise of the running tape.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
01/25/2018 5:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.