{'en': 'Can a diabetic person give 5.4 in the glycosylated hemoglobin test?', 'es': '¿Puede una persona diabética dar 5,4 en la prueba de la hemoglobina  glicosilada?'} Image

Can a diabetic person give 5.4 in the glycosylated hemoglobin test?

Yula Bolgachina Fernández's profile photo   12/01/2018 10:31 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I get in touch with you because I am made a mess and I have a sea of ​​doubts.

A year ago, they made me an fasting analytical and gave me a glycemia index of almost 300. I picked up the results in March this year, after doing another test, on an empty stomach, it gives me 160 of blood glucose.I had a prolonged treatment, for many months, with inhaled corticosteroids, floticason, prednisone, etc., due to an allergy problem.My SS doctor told me that I could have induced diabetes, a type of disease that is not very frequent, for the cortisonas.

More than six months ago I stopped taking the cortisonas on my own because I have a high risk, my mother died as a result of type II diabetes and my grandmother had glucose intolerance.At the time I left this medication the truth is that they lowered me considerably but, occasionally, I still have glycemia up to 180 two hours after meals and today, almost four hours after my last meal I had 135.

Among all this I went to a private consultation with an endocrine and told me that I had type II diabetes.But my primary care doctor continues to say that they are the cortisonas, when I have been so long without taking them.

In my last analytics, in September, he gave me a blood glucose below 100, on an empty stomach, and a glycosylated hemoglobin of 5.4, are healthy person values.

In the end.I don't know what to think, should I consult a third opinion?

Yula Bolgachina Fernández's profile photo
Yula Bolgachina Fernández
12/01/2018 10:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would continue to monitor with analysis every six months, although the values ​​have almost normalized.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/02/2018 2:23 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi, Regina!Thank you very much for the comment!

The truth is that controlling me, every six mese, enters my life plans.I can't afford to walk silly with the family history I have.My mother found an incompetent doctor, of the SS, who did not know how to take her, when the disease was detected.At that time she had more or less the age I am now, 44 years old, twenty years later I was dead for the consequences of the disease.Until he had a lymphoma at age 52, which just crown party, did not start treating properly, thanks to the hospital doctors who began to put insulin.Then, she was also very careless.He overcame cancer and diabetes ended her.

I don't want to repeat your mistakes.If I have type II diabetes, it is no use looking at the other side.For now I have put on a diet and try not to drink sugars and carbohydrates must be reducing them more and more.I have lowered 15 kilos, the only good thing that brought me all this.

Anyway, thank you again.

Yula Bolgachina Fernández's profile photo
Yula Bolgachina Fernández
12/02/2018 10 a.m.

I can give that value and less and without hypoglycemia I can assure you

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/02/2018 10:55 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Diabetes Mellitus Diagnostic Criteria
The diagnosis of diabetes can be performed in three different ways.

1. Diabetes symptoms and random glycemia determination> 200 mg/dl at any time of the day.
2. fasting glycemia> = 126 mg/dl.It must be fasting at least 8 hours.
3. Glycemia> = 200 mg/dl at 2 hours of an oral glucose overload.(Oral glucose overload must follow the rules of the World Health Organization).
4. Glycosylated hemoglobin (HBA1C greater than or equal to 6.5 %).

To perform the diagnosis, only one of the points is required, but in the absence of unequivocal hyperglycemia, these criteria must be confirmed by repeating some of them another day.

All the best

farmo1985's profile photo
farmo1985
12/09/2018 9:33 p.m.

It is precisely my case I debut with a 10.1 hemo mediated that it was type 1 to which it was the type of type 2 and I was baing the hemohastand grandmother mean changed the medication for a pill that is called Ibokana since the merformine does not tolerate her

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
12/10/2018 12:36 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.