{'en': 'Thanks in advance ... adolescent father with recent diabetes.', 'es': 'Gracias de antemano... Padre de adolescente con diabetes reciente.'} Image

Thanks in advance ... adolescent father with recent diabetes.

Antoniomesa153's profile photo   01/26/2018 8:30 a.m.

Good morning,

I am the father of a 15 -year -old teenager.With diabetic debut two months ago.

It already carries its controlled levels and within the suitable parameters.I know well.

It was 6 admitted and 6 doses of Novorapid and 14 of Tresiba Lantus are placed when bedtime.

It has been clicking for three days and the lantus is clicking and it comes out red spots and internal itchs that last about 10 minutes.

The endocrine that we had consultation yesterday told me to change the area.And the last one put it on the arm, I think it was even worse itching, red lines and bubbles came out.

And today I will try in the buttock.Let's see if the reaction decreases....

What a can with how well it is that it has cost him what he now has panic to puncture.What type of tests should make you know what enzyme or whatever is allergic and that the next insulin does not take it.

Thank you so much!

Antoniomesa153's profile photo
Antoniomesa153
01/26/2018 8:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning @"antoniomesa153".My son is 14 years old and DM1 diagnosed him 8 months ago.He also puts on three of slowly, but to this day he has not given him any allergy so in that sense I cannot advise you.

What I would tell you is that you change slow insulin, as soon as possible, without waiting for any allergies or anything.The poor boy cannot continue like this because he is going to discourage and that will make him lose the good control he has achieved.

If the novorapid does not give him allergy, it means that he is not allergic to the prick itself but to the three.So I would change as soon as possible to another slow insulin, to see if hopefully it does not reaction.And in the meantime you are already managing the issue of allergies analysis, because that can be delayed and the poor will not endure much.It is my opinion.I wish you from the heart that the problem is solved very fast.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/26/2018 10:22 a.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

I think the same, speak with the endocrine and change the slow to a different one because it is still giving some allergy.
When I used Lantus, I used to chop me for a while after putting it.But it didn't get red or anything.The endocrine told me that it would be to put a lot of liquid at once but did not convince me at all.Then I endured because the other slow options that I had not convinced me much and in a few minutes I passed, but now there are many slow ones and that is not necessary to hold that.And if you are giving it allergy I don't think it's good to continue putting it.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/26/2018 10:48 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I leave you some photos if they help;)

Yesssica_a said:
I think the same, speak with the endocrine and change the slow to a different one because it is still giving some allergy.
When I used Lantus, I used to chop me for a while after putting it.But it didn't get red or anything.The endocrine told me that it would be to put a lot of liquid at once but did not convince me at all.Then I endured because the other slow options that I had not convinced me much and in a few minutes I passed, but now there are many slow ones and that is not necessary to hold that.And if you are giving it allergy I don't think it's good to continue putting it.

Antoniomesa153
01/26/2018 11:41 a.m.

The State in the Endocrinology Service.The doctor tells me that he has not known an allergic relationship of these latest generation insulins for years.I have changed the two rapid and slow.From Novorapid a Humalog Kwikpen and Tresiba to your solostar.And I told me that it would be very bad news to be allergic to insulin.What should you enter it.And everything would be complicated.God who despair.Thank you very much for your help.And I'll tell you.

Antoniomesa153
01/26/2018 11:46 a.m.

You also have the toujeo, flatter than the lantus

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/26/2018 4:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Today they enter it, they will see which insulin excipient can be allergic.They are going to do some tests until they give the solution at least so I hope.Thank you

Antoniomesa153
01/29/2018 2:06 p.m.

Go home Majo !!!!@"Ángel_A"

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/11/2018 10:18 p.m.

@Sigsauer, they already erased the message you answered.Those scammers that appear from time to time.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/11/2018 11:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.