{'en': 'Insulin and Christmas dose doubts', 'es': 'Dudas dosis insulina y Navidad'} Image

Insulin and Christmas dose doubts

Ignasi_p's profile photo   12/06/2018 1:07 p.m.

These will be my first Christmas with fast insulin and many doubts are presented to me.

I fear that with Christmas meals glycemia shoot.My question is that if before the food I have put 6u quickly, my awareness factor is 50mg/u and after 2 hours of eating my blood glucose is 260 What fast dose should I wear?

I think I know how to calculate it but I'm not sure.

Let's see if my calculation is correct.

I am 260 and my goal is 100. I have to reduce 160.

As I have a sensitivity of 50 calculation how much dose I need: 160 divided by 50 are about 3u.

But two hours ago I got 6u and at 2h a quick insulin there is still 35% as an active insulin in my body.Therefore 6 by 0.35 = 2.1

If I need 3u and I still have active 2u I have to manage only 1u.

Is it correct or did I get involved in a bad way?

Thank you!

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
12/06/2018 1:07 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Yes, you calculate like this, but since it is not mathematician it is better not to adjust so much ... and stay at 120, 130 ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/06/2018 2:04 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Each one decides, I would rectify with 2uds and a little walk if it is at noon.
The next meal, if you are high, put 3uds ..
This is proof and error.
If you spend with 3uds you can always eat a nougat piece 😉

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/06/2018 2:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ok.I sign up for the Turron

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
12/06/2018 2:47 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

I believe that the problem of Christmas rather than hydrates are fats (nougat, mazapan, dusty, lamb, cochinillo etc, etc) and this is difficult to calculate.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/06/2018 4:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can correct 150, which is the theoretical objective of postprandial blood glucose.If 250 you would have to download 100 to get 2U.You also have to take into account the fats ingested in the food, if you have ingested a lot of fat your insulin resistance will increase for a few hours and the sensitivity factor does not work ..
In my experience, Christmas dinners are not as copious as we believe and how they last so long there is no "2h after eating" so quietly ...
Several times I have had a hypoglycemia before dessert due to the excessive duration of one's food.
Eye with using the turion to trace an hypo, it does not work because it has fat and takes to raise the glucose.
You'll see how in the end it is worse to think about it.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
12/07/2018 5 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@erpla, how much donors last is another problem.I love being with the family hours and hours.What worries me the most is the active amount of insulin that remains of the first puncture.Do not take it into account and enter hypoglycemia for correcting with too many units.And it is that on a birthday if you spend an afternoon at 250 because you are going to do it but so many holidays in a row ... Well, I refuse to spoil the job of weeks ... and they will play a correction dose

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
12/07/2018 8:32 a.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

@Ignasi_p, nor forget the equation the vinitos and other alcohols.In the manuals I have read that glycemia goes up/down.Wine always gives me a good hypoglycemia.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/07/2018 12:25 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Christmas meals usually have more proteins than hydrates so you can always compensate hydrates with some nougat, even at the beginning of the food .., that the nougat is always nearby ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/07/2018 12:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The vinito or the gintoni gives hip host because it prevents the glucogen from going to glucose in the liver.If you take a gintoni (the vinillo does not affect me much) and you need to produce glucose can give you the hypo.SOLUTION: Whenever you drink (do not condus 😂😂) and eat something with hydrates.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
12/07/2018 7:56 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

The vinito or the gintoni gives hip host because it prevents the glucogen from going to glucose in the liver.If you take a gintoni (the vinillo does not affect me much) and you need to produce glucose can give you the hypo.SOLUTION: Whenever you drink (do not condus 😂😂) and eat something with hydrates.

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
12/07/2018 7:56 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.