{'en': 'What will it be of us?', 'es': '¿Que será de nosotros?'} Image

What will it be of us?

Sorprendido's profile photo   12/09/2017 12:57 p.m.

Hello everyone

If I had to define what diabetes is, I would say it is a disease that needs many care.Said informal and very little academic.Those who have been with this for many years, "playing" with insulin and ... others, we could say many more things.

One thing is unquestionable, and it has already been commented on in this forum.I refer to the enormous mental effort, continue concern, obsession or neurosis, in the worst case, which the treatment produces.It would not be so serious if it is because it is something that will accompany us until the end of our day.

Therefore, today I consider this pegunda.What will be of us, most of us who carry the reins of this, the day we cannot decide?

Decide on the type of insulin, the units, place of injection, meals, exercise, schedules ... and a long etcetera of variables.

I have lived the sad experience of contemplating the death of a diabetic to which they put insulin in a hospital, and I have seen him die.That has given me to write this comment.

Greetings and happy parties to everyone.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
12/09/2017 12:57 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

My son is 14 years old and debuted with DM1 6 months ago.As I know I can't go back long and that it is something that has no solution, I have tried to face it strongly and without falling apart.And without thinking about the future.I do not want to think about the future, I have banned it, because I know that if I do the bitterness, it will be reflected in my face and he would notice.So I try to live only day to day and control his illness and teach him to do so only thinking that the next hemo A1C is good.

When they inevitably assault negative thoughts about the future, I try to comfort myself thinking that a near future, when he is an adult, there will already be some biological cure or at least some technological cure that is optimal and that allows him to face that future with tranquility andtrust.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
12/09/2017 2:45 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

In 20 years there must be an artificial pancreas, which they put it as now a pacemaker .., take care of us until then.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/09/2017 5:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In the late 90s I attended a conference by researcher Dr. Bernard Soria.In it he said that in 6, 7 years, a decade at most, the problem of diabetes would be solved.The way with the investigation in cell-madre, was promising.We are at the end of 2017. They strike more comments.

Greetings.

Sorprendido
12/10/2017 12:52 p.m.

"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Today with medications, insulin and other accessories provided free of charge by the SS we can take this disease correctly and being strict or balanced in the way of eating and managing in life.Sorry for those who being younger they must face these expenses and do not have the flexibility of learning everything related to their illness.
It is worth regretting, or having tantrums.All that increases.
Unfortunately for many as me is the only way to have a disciplined and orderly life to replace what pancreas automatically before we destroy it with our excesses and doctors with excess remedies to the test and error.
I know how to cope with my diabetes and wish to apply it to guide those who suffer from it and be obedient in the behavior to follow to live many years and thus help others.Even their families not to recharge them.
Either in the social field or in existing help groups in the churches.
And helping to prevent it since its inception in the belly of mothers contributing to feed rationally and not with the poison of most advertisements.
I think it is the best way to get out of the vicious circle of the complaint for this or that and fundamentally connecting physically even if they are small social groups. That they can be formed and documented by these virtual spaces, but nothing exceeds the real, true meeting, withoutfears or prejudices between them.
I will pass only these 2017 parties but I hope that the good God will help me to capture what I think for 2018 and I expect it for each of you.
Unfortunately for data that will be reduced, our consumption will be reduced, it will be much healthier to shake hands personally.
Hugs

mario69's profile photo
mario69
12/10/2017 1:23 p.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

Well, stem cells are going to take their time, but technological measures are taking a run ..., to see ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/10/2017 3:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@"Surprised", my relative is very involved with my diabetes, so it doesn't worry me.And if losing the relative and sanity .... I think I will not find out.Well, I have always thought that it would be healthy for the family that if you lose your head, you can leave a vital will for euthanasia.So the infamous nurse you met will avoid the process.Happy parties.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/10/2017 7:43 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Regardless of whether one is diabetic or not: I absolutely agree with @"Solaria" in regard to the vital will.I consider it essential that governments begin to work in that legal matter, which in the end is that one can decide freely and consciously how and under what circumstances he wants to leave this world.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
12/10/2017 8:18 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

@"Surprised", but have you seen dying for an error in insulin in the hospital or for the complications of the disease?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/11/2017 2:10 a.m.

I would not surprise myself anything because of an error with insulin.I was admitted once to take my teeth of the trial and they did not let me have the insulin, when the nurses were left.At the time of the meals they came with the ball already preloaded with the dose that I had told them that it put me, that of course it was approximate because it depends on what it eats.I told them more or less what I usually wear with my meals but the hospital meals were different from what I like in my house.And they insisted that I had to wear that dose without having seen or what there was to eat because they had not yet brought the trays.It seemed crazy because they entered me a day before the operation to "control" the glucose and avoid problems.In the end I was more or less good but going hungry because I ate only what I calculated for the dose that put me insulin.As it was only one day I went to discuss more with them because there was no way to get in reason and how the endocrine did not see me until the next day they told me that without the doctor's consent they could not make changes in the medication.
And well then the day of the operation cannot eat all day and for dinner they bring me ice cream from the ice because it was the normal menu for molast operation because the cold helps inflammation.
It seemed like everything, in my case I knew how to count hydrates and I managed to adapt even if I was hungry but he is an older person who does not have much idea and puts the same doses as at home with different meals to know the one that bundled him.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
12/11/2017 10:02 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica you have expressed it very well.There, in the hospital he governs the "coffee for all", with few delicacies, despite taking an insulin pattern from home.I saw that after a figure of 3 ... and peak they put the insulin in the arm and ... to eat.We already know how complicated this is, it was an elder man, and little or no margin of variation was by the patient.And if the relative on duty is not aware ...., a worse one comes out.
That person died from a heart attack.Induced or not by diabetes ...? I don't know.

The vital will, I read something, ignoring how you are legislated.It seems very convenient.Totally agree.

Greetings.

Sorprendido
12/11/2017 12:27 p.m.

Goethe

@hola to everything, on the euthanasie, only the countries D: Holland and Belgica legally apply this and by decree-law, but there are still, Belgium, great "empty" in its regulations and carries a slow advance, for thedbtco/as and are always saying that, this disease does not enter their articles of applying it, but, for my part and with the group of doctors, (they must be 3) they, knowing my case from more d 40ans, helped me to writeAnd ask in writing, a page written by my puno and lyrics, with signed date and ID, in 5 identical copies, (they can be photocopies, not the signature) and deliver to the 3 dres, + 1 x administration -Syntamiento, + 1x The couple (if there are) and it is also convenient if there are son,
This is requested, rejecting all aggressive and useless treatment !!!
With this, at least, we imply that we do not want to continue in this life !!since, being dbtco/as, only we know how much work we constantly do to live and, which is a very "heavy" load to offer the family !!!
I hope those favorable laws are seen soon !!But, as long as you have to continue fighting against wind and tide !!!
This is until today!We will see with the new anus that approaches, if there are more "advances" and better compassion with us !!!

ani's profile photo
ani
12/11/2017 7:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I work in a residence for older people and see every thing that flip.They put the insulin to the grandparents as if they were lambs and Ale to eat without knowing what they are going to eat, or quantity ..... once I almost argued with a chef because I said that I did not understand that a person with diabetes gave him to snackA juice always.In the end, M said that he guides meals is the doctor.When I was carrying the free doctor, I didn't have to obsess, I hate that they think I'm obsessed !!!
I am not surprised at what you have told @Sorprende.There are many doctors, nurses, auxiliaries who have no idea of ​​our disease.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/12/2017 6:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not know if you have heard of the early vital will.As far as I have been able to find out, it is a document where those medical care that we want to have in case of advanced disease or accident is collected.He would collect those treatments or medical tests that we do not want to have, in the most delicate moments of our life.Everything is designed if the time comes we cannot decide for ourselves.
I understand that they are like a kind of anticipated instructions, of a sanitary type.There is a record, dependent on the health services of the community, at least here in Andalusia, it is thus, where these instructions would be registered.
The truth is that the information came a little by chance.It gives me the impression that your knowledge is not very widespread.

Greetings

Sorprendido
12/13/2017 6:24 p.m.

Goethe

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.