{'en': 'Slow Lantus insulin, better in the morning or at night?', 'es': 'Insulina lenta Lantus, ¿mejor por la mañana o por la noche?'} Image

Slow Lantus insulin, better in the morning or at night?

Melchor Cayuela Garcia's profile photo   12/06/2018 10:02 p.m.

Hello good evening.I am new here.

I have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.

I am 51 years old, my question is when it is better to put the insulin slow Lantus, in the morning or at night?

Thank you,

Melchor Cayuela Garcia's profile photo
Melchor Cayuela Garcia
12/06/2018 10:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It depends on each person.If you have to have hypoglycemia at night, it is better to put it in the morning.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/07/2018 2:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for your advice

Melchor Cayuela Garcia's profile photo
Melchor Cayuela Garcia
12/07/2018 10:25 p.m.

Hi Melchor, then look, the lantus has its greatest effect the 6 hours to administer it, so in the function of when you have seen that you are worse of medium sugar levels during the days, then administrate it so that those moments of peak agree youwithin those following 6 hours to the administration.Another little thing, the Lantus does not last 24 hours, I would say that in my case to those of the 20-22 hours I begin to notice the lack of insulin.I hope it helps!

Leti's profile photo
Leti
02/25/2019 3:11 p.m.

Good my daughter uses Lantus and she since she debuted a year ago has been scheduled at night and is great, but many factors have influenced depending on when you have more descents and uploads 😊

1985's profile photo
05/20/2021 11:45 p.m.

Hello, my son also puts it at night at dinner because his endocrine sent us, for now the truth is that he is doing well.

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
05/21/2021 12:19 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.