Prediabetes

Marielena's profile photo   12/17/2018 10:08 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am María Elena and I was diagnosed with prediabetes at the beginning of the year (2018).I had 105 glucose and test quantos in 69. The doctor told me to lose weight, exercise and take metformin.I went down 11 kilos, I swim, the metformin sat badly and did not lower my glucose, so I left it.Today they gave me new laboratory results: I have 85 glucose but the quantos is in 89 in addition to the C -reactive protein of 2.5 went to 7.5 ... I feel very frustrated.Is there the possibility of this type of body inverse reactions?

Marielena's profile photo
Marielena
12/17/2018 10:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @marielena.You deserve recognition.To lose 11 kilos, a lot of discipline is needed.I think you did the right thing: the treatment of prediabetes consists of diet, exercise and losing weight;Metformin is also indicated.All this will help you prevent diabetes and cardiovascular complications that are still in prediabetes.It may be that metformin did not feel good because you should start with a well low dose, usually metformin xr 500 mg with theDinner, and gradually increase it.The quanto goes is not reliable when it is getting weight.It would be advisable to repeat the analytics and add glucosyl hemoglobin .Let me know if I can help you in something else.Luck

juanluis's profile photo
juanluis
02/07/2019 8:43 p.m.

Thank you very much, Doctor.My goal is to download another 5 kilos although after the end and beginning of the year parties I am stagnant.At the beginning of December I did analysis again, even glucosada hemoglobin and, although the glucose came normal, the HG is a little above the range.He discovered that drinking water (without being excessive either), glucose seems normalized.Nothing that manages to return to food discipline I would do analysis again.My endocrine changed my medication ... Let's see what happens.Thanks Doctor.Greetings

Marielena's profile photo
Marielena
02/08/2019 8:44 p.m.

Hello, how long did glycosilated hemoglobin come out?

camavi's profile photo
camavi
11/20/2019 8:57 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.