{'en': 'Margarito Cervantes: "I am alms since diabetes arrived" (Mexico)', 'es': 'Margarito Cervantes: “SOY LIMOSNERO DESDE QUE LLEGÓ LA DIABETES” (México)'} Image

Margarito Cervantes: "I am alms since diabetes arrived" (Mexico)

fer's profile photo   12/18/2017 6:22 p.m.

Margarito Cervantes works as a ‘silt’ since diabetes left him without a view, nine years ago.

Margarito himself calls (alms) to the action of asking for coins in the street, after he dedicated himself for 40 years to the trade of sweets and busguerías, for the course of the crystal tower.

The 49 -year -old man must work at the mercy of the cold of the last days to buy a meal, pay the rent of a room and a taxi that takes him back home.

And it is that with one leg you cannot move the wheelchair, in addition to the lack of sight.

"My story begins at Manuel Station, when I lived next to my boss and my little sister. My boss leaves us to leave with another woman, then we came to live in Victoria, I would be like five years of age," he says.

Upon arriving in Ciudad Victoria, his mother marries again, giving Margarito two brothers and a stepfather, which he lives distanced since he suffers diabetes.

"Once I went to look for my stepfather but my brothers did not open the door. That time I paid a taxi to get there, I wore cheese and bread, I returned with everything home," says Margarito, who says he lives in completeloneliness.

In a suitcase loads its few belongings and the things that you can buy to take the room where you live.

"Payment 850 of monthly rent, so I must work every day. On Sunday I come to all the masses of the Church of the shelter to achieve more coins. I finish my work after noon."

He still remembers when he sold sweets outside the government tower and he didn't miss anything.

"Then my mother died and diabetes arrived. That was the greatest misfortune of
My life, the one that changed everything and has me like this without a leg, without a view and working as alms to survive. "

In a serious tone Margarito says that he is looking for a woman to share his life, because loneliness is very sad, more now that Christmas is coming and days are very cold.

"I need some acquaintance who wants to share with me, I never married because I was committed to a girl and her mother took her from here."

Margarito's greatest concern is the prognosis of the cold for the next few days, because he has no blankets to spend the night, he also needs coats and a table where he can approach to eat.

"I don't have a table to eat at home, I ask you to give me some blankets, jacket and boats to grab water. I have nothing to heat a meal, so I buy here on the street, eating once a day."

Margarito provides the address of his house, for people who like to take the blankets he needs and whatever his will.

"I live in the Mainero neighborhood, in the 6 Hinojosa and González, Rento in Don Félix's house, there is a white gate and a tree on the mere sidewalk."

You can also look for Margarito at the Mass of Domingo, outside the Church of the shelter and provide help.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/18/2017 6:22 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Poor man .. being in such a degree due to the complications of diabetes .. It is really deplorable that no one is moved from their pain.I hope I find shelter these days

Nancy30's profile photo
Nancy30
12/31/2017 3:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.