{'en': 'Catalonia will begin to finance continuous glucose monitoring devices', 'es': 'Cataluña empezará a financiar los dispositivos de monitorización continua de glucosa'} Image

Catalonia will begin to finance continuous glucose monitoring devices

fer's profile photo   02/13/2018 1:41 p.m.

Catsalut will facilitate, in a first phase, under 7 years, pregnant women and insulin pump carriers with repetition or unnoticed hypoglycemia.This technology allows to measure glucose continuously 24 hours a day
Continuous glucose monitoring is a technology that allows me to measure glucose continuously in the tissue and not in blood.

The Catalan Health Service (Catsalut) has decided to incorporate continuous glucose monitoring devices into the service portfolio, so that from this year it will finance these devices, which allow the correct control of diabetes.Specifically, in a first phase they will finance them for people who have type 1 diabetes and who are in any of these three cases: be under 7 years, be a pregnant woman and bring insulin pump with repetition or unnoticed hypoglycemia.

The Catsalut is aware of the importance of continuous glucose monitoring devices and the benefits they can contribute in the correct control of diabetes.In this sense, and attended to the different alternatives that are currently to the market, the Catsalut has worked together with clinical experts of the main endocrinology services of Catalonia.

The objective has been to optimize the conditions of access to this technology and financing, and define the clinical criteria of inclusion from the point of view of security, effectiveness and cost-effectiveness and improvement of the quality of life;The ultimate goal is to improve the health results obtained.

The objective is to look for a change in the way of buying health technology and obtaining improvements in health from people with diabetes.

Thus, a first phase of access to these devices will begin for the three cases indicated above, which is expected to benefit about 800 people in Catalonia.Subsequently, the other profiles of patients included in the prioritization by clinical experts will be incorporated.

How does it work?

Continuous glucose monitoring is a technology that allows glucose continuously in the tissue (interstitial) and not in blood.There are two modalities of continuous glucose monitoring in real time:

The system in real time (real-time), which consists of a sensor with a filament inserted under the skin and a transmitter that sends the signal to a receiver to inform the reading.They allow the configuration of glucose limits (high or low) and require calibration by capillary blood glucose controls.

The flash system (flash), a continuous reading in real time, provided the patient approaches the receiver to the sensor.It does not have alarms and the calibration with capillary glycems is not needed.

The Catsalut incorporates this technology through the Health Products Harmonization Program.In this specific case, there is a step forward to order and homogenize the criteria and guidelines of the actions of the centers of Catalonia in all those aspects related to continuous glucose monitoring, and to create a unique and common frame of reference and actionFor everyone.The program is led by the Catalan Health Service and seeks a change of trend in the way of buying health technology, going from buying specific products in relation to the control of blood glucose, to buy results and health improvements of people with people withdiabetes.

The Protocol for the Access to Continuous Glucose Monitoring has been carried out by the Catsalut thanks to the technical work of the group of clinical experts who have participated in the program, the report of the Health Quality and Evaluation Agency and the recommendations for access to the access to the access to theContinuous glucose monitoringProposals by the Diabetes Advisory Council of the Public Health Agency of Catalonia, formed by clinical and patient professionals.

fer's profile photo
fer
02/13/2018 1:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Let's see when it reaches the rest of communities and sick.At this step I will never get to me ... or children, no bomb or pregnancy ... there are more risk groups as adolescents and older people who do not understand the method by portions

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/14/2018 8:36 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I think like @ruthbia, and when will the financing reach the rest of communities and patients?A week ago they answered me, deniving me the MCG, then leaving a very well documented writing.They told me that you only throw, needles and lancetas.Could it be that we have to cry more and put more noise?Because it seems that moving the tree, pays off.
Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
07/23/2018 12:32 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Now that I think about it .... What taxes will they subsidize it?
Because in view of what comes to us, I prefer not to pay so much and pay me.At least I know where my money is going.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/24/2018 7:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.